VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 6.2 GB MKV file that is a HD quality video. I used ConvetXtoDVD to burn to a duallayer DVD, but after a long wait for the conversion, I got a box saying to insert a DVD+R DL disc, which I already did, so I put in another and the same thing popsup. The disc says it will hold 8.5 GB and the Audio/Video_TS folders say they are 8.01gb, so why won't they burn? I even went into Nero to try burning the A/V_TS folers to the DL dvd, but it says they won't fit. I've never used the DL type DVDs before, so am I doing something wrong? TY!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's too big, you can only fit about 7.95 "computer" GB on a dvddl. See https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#dvdsizes

Can't you set a lower output file size in convertxtodvd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also would not use ConvertXtoDVD to burn. Have it output to a folder, then use Imgburn to burn to Verbatim +R DL discs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD lets you choose DVD5, DVD9 or you can specify the size. I figured DVD9 would work, but I guess not. I'll use the custom size and then use Imageburn since I do have that available.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't had any issues with ConvertXtoDVD missing the file size targets in the past, but mkv can be an odd beast.

One thing to check - there is a tick box that will cause ConvertXtoDVD to copy the source files to the finished disc. This might push you over the limit, and also uses valuable bitrate. Check that you haven't turned this 'feature' on.

Finally, try loading the Video_TS folder into Imgburn to see what it says about the size.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote