VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Sony Cybershot digital camera which allows to shot mpg short movies vith sound. For movies it can be set to mpg format as well as two other types of movies, one of them being Multi Burst. It was set on Multi Burst and I did some movies, but I can only see the movies on the camera. When I look in the camera's memory I only find JPG files. I realised that some of these files are indeed my movies (when I try to see them they show like a lot of pictures together on a big page, every picture being like a frame in a movie).

I contacted Sony support and asked them how to convert these "animated "JPG files to MPG or AVI or any other usable movie format and I got yhe answer "we suggest that you transfer the recordings from the camera to the computer. Once the recordings are transferred, you may use any third party software to edit the video. Please contact your computer manufacturer or your favorite dealer for information on such software."

What would be this misterious software and how can I convert my movies ?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    don't know about any mysterious software, but there is a format called mjpg or motion jpeg. it might be what you have. try transferring the files off the camera to the computer with a usb cable. double click on one and see if it's recognized. or use the free app gspot to check what format it is. to change to mpeg you are going to need an encoder, but first see what the files you have are.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If it's a image sequence and they are named like image001.jpg image002.jpg you can open the first image in for example virtualdub and it will join all to one videoclip that you can save. See http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=34

If you want to convert to a mpg you can use tmpgenc and do the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its a single file called something.jpg and in the Windows viewer it looks like a big frame with a lot of small photos inside. I wonder what if I change the extension fron jpg to mjpg ?
    Quote Quote