VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, I use TMPGenc 4.0 Xpress to encode my avi's to vcd format and I use nero 8 to burn my vcd. However, every disk I burn seem to play for about 4 minutes and then it would freeze. I've also tried using 3 different type of media with no luck. Moreover, I burn all my vcd's at the lowest speed which is 4X. Is there anyway to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try authoring with VCDEasy instead of Nero. Use the last free version (still does all you'll ever need, in fact) if you don't feel like buying the current before trying it out.
    Nero is know for creating slightly off specs VCD. On my old DVD player, Nero VCD wouldn't play at all.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mats thanks for replying.. I happen to have the Vcdeasy commercial version. When I use Vcdeasy to burn it runs half way while burning an say: "cd write" execution failed: write data failed - buffer under run? cannot prevent/allow medium removal. Any ideas? Im lost thanks again..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Back in my VCD days, I never burned with VCDEasy, but unchecked Burn, and only let VCDEasy create thye cue/bin, which I then burned with burnatonce or <insert any burner app that can burn cue/bin here>.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried doing what you said by creating the.cue/.bin with Vcdeasy but I used Nero to burn still no luck! Ive wasted 10 cdr's so far, is there any other alternative?!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Let me recap:
    You create a VCD compliant mpg1 from AVI source with TMPGEnc.
    You author and get a cue/bin from VCDEasy without errors or warnings.
    You burn this (@ 4x) with Nero.
    Your VCD player only plays this VCD for like 4 minutes.

If so, You've done it all by the book, and I can olnly find that your player isn't that good a VCD player, or the particular disk manufacture you're using is incompatible with the player.

Correcty me if I'm wrong on any point.

Try burning to CD-RW until you're sure everyting works.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    notebookguru - Like many newbies, you feel that the less you say, the more likely you are to get help. This is actually as wrong as it could be. Nowhere in your posts do you say WHAT you are using to play these VCDs. Is it a PC? A standalone DVD player? If it's a DVD player, give us the make and model.

I will assume you are playing the discs on a DVD player. First, you need to see if these discs will play at all on a PC. If a PC can play the discs OK, then the discs are probably OK in terms of how you made them. You did tell TMPGenc Xpress to create a VCD, right? I mean, you did specifically select VCD as the output, right? What brand of CD-Rs are you using? This can also be important.

Your problem could be:
    1) Your DVD player doesn't support VCD very well.
    2) You did something wrong when you made the VCD, but if you selected VCD output under TMPGenc Xpress, that is unlikely.
    3) Your DVD player doesn't like your media and you'd have better luck with another brand (Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are good).
    4) Your DVD player may be going bad and needs to be replaced.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im using a DVD player and the model is memorex mvd-2022 (suffix b). After I finish burning the vcd plays fine on my computer, im only having problems on my DVD player. By the way, I've used sony, maxell, and ricoh cdr's.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    One of the reviews of this player here at this very website (check the DVD Players link at the left side of the forums) states that this model does not play VCD and SVCD very well, with lots of stops and starts. Sounds like the problem is your DVD player.
    Quote Quote