VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a question about playing homemade DVD-Video (on DVD-R) on my Pioneer DVR-330. I have some DV tapes which I convert to DVD compliant mpeg using TMPGENC and then burn to DVD-Video using Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6.

However when I play the disc in my Pioneer DVR-330, from time to time the screen will turn totally black (but still have audio as normal) with the message "No Signal" for several seconds and then it will come back.

Is there anyone who has a clue on what happens? Is it that somehow my DVD-Video requires too much processing time of the Pioneer DVR-330 that it cannot handle and thus dropped video? Or just that my video is not standard and thus causing all the problems? Is there anything I can do in my video conversion or burning process that can help?

Thanks a lot in advance.

- David
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First, I would try the discs on another standalone DVD player. This will help determine if you are troubleshooting an authoring issue or an issue with your player.

I suspect it is related to authoring. In which case you will need to go back and start from the beginning, verifying your output each step of the way.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have tried it in another standalone player, and the same happens, though might be in different places of the movie. My second standalone player is a ZETA HiFi which can also serve as a DVD player.

But if I play it on my PC, it is of no problems. I suspect my CPU works faster than my standalone player's processor - but not sure.

My encoding using TMPGenc is basically using the standard bundled DVD template from the software.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

- David
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you are not properly encoding the video. Perhaps you are making NTSC video and playing on a PAL player or PAL video on an NTSC player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or just using crappy media or media not supported by your players.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote