VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all. First of all here's what I would like to do:

A video file within a paysite is at an address that starts with http://c5-7.pluginfeeds.com/... (followed by lots of numbers, letters, words, etc...)

I would like to save the file to my harddrive, however right click is disabled on the page and I see no other means to be able to download/save it.

A few years ago, I use to use Net Vampire in this type of situation, however that doesn't seem to be a viable option anymore as I am looking for something that is freeware.

I have both Windows 98 (IE5.5 with WMP6.4) and Windows Vista (IE7 with WMP11), so any recommendations (or procedures) to be able to save the video file to my computer is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    open page in question in a html editor and look for the link
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mgh
    open page in question in a html editor and look for the link
    Yea, I know the link/URL for the video file. It is within a paysite. By clicking on the link, I only get a streaming video and unfortunately I am unable to save it to my computer.

I would like is some recommendations for either a Downloader Manager that is compatable with either of my computers or some recommendations for other Programs to save the video file to my computer. If it helps, I think the video file is considered a streaming video file, perhaps in the WMV format, although I'm not sure.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I find that the combination of Firefox with the DownloadHelper, MediaPlayerConnectivity, and Amazing Media Browser plugins installed will detect and let you download almost any streaming videos out there. If one of the plugins doesn't detect it, one of the others will.

Rarely, I have to resort to URLSnooper or the Replay Media Catcher for the really tricky sites, but not often. All but the Replay Media Catcher are free.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vid-Kid
    I find that the combination of Firefox with the DownloadHelper, MediaPlayerConnectivity, and Amazing Media Browser plugins installed will detect and let you download almost any streaming videos out there. If one of the plugins doesn't detect it, one of the others will.

Rarely, I have to resort to URLSnooper or the Replay Media Catcher for the really tricky sites, but not often. All but the Replay Media Catcher are free.
    Yea, I already know the URL/link.

Any freeware recommendations for Download Managers and/or Stream Recorders that are compatible with either Windows 98 and/or Windows Vista and can be used with IE5.5 or IE7? Perhaps similar to Net Vampire?
    Quote Quote