I purchased a Sony DCR HC 90E Handycam some 2 yrs ago and it has suited my needs until now. The model has an accessory shoe on top which is the only access 'jack' to enable input audio fron an External Microphone. However I need to some how input audio from a mircrophone i.e. from a remote device (either wired or wireless) onto the camcorder.
I has tried to discuss with Sony UK whether this is possible and it seems that it is not in the conventional sense. However it may be possible through a combination of somehow attaching a 3.5mm MIC Jack to Phono Leads and then either through the AV port or if there is an adaptor for the accessory shoe that will allow any such connection.

To clarify: I wear a Helmet/Headset for work applications and transmit/receive radio comms through this. I need to be able to record video whilst being able to record audio from my headset without recording the ambient noise.

I am aware that I could record the audio separately with a digital dictaphone or something similar and then mix in the audio onto the video track on my computer, however I would prefer an instant solution

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks...