1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I connect this unit's S-Video IN port to the S-Video OUT port on a PC graphics card?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Computer out to DVD recorder, via s-video, sure no problem. I do it with my laptop.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Computer out to DVD recorder, via s-video, sure no problem. I do it with my laptop.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I got my aunt one of these from Circuitcity.com for $289.99 plus tax with free shipping (they don't sell them in the stores). I am very pleased with it. The recording quality to the HDD is great.

Thanks,

MC
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It does not appear that the UK model does HD like the USA version.
    That sucks for you European folks.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi.
    I have the UK version 3570.
    I'm not sure if it's similar to the US version.
    It only has an analogue tuner.
    You can't record directly to disc.
    The remote is rubbish. Rubbery, tiny keys and no eject.
    Editing is an awkward and imprecise task.
    There seems to be no way to maintain the HDD.
    Naming titles is time consuming.

The only good thing I can say about it really, is that the recording quality is very good and it records to dual layer.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having owned the 3575, I can say 1. you can record directly to disc 2. the remote may have small keys, but how else are you going to fit the ~47 different buttons onto a remote you can easily fit into your hand, and yes the 3575 does also not have eject on remote. 3. Editing is no more awkward and imprecise than any other DVDR I have used. 4. Title naming is tedious on any DVDR I have used, for easier editing I would think a PC would be the only better method. 5. The US version does not record to Dual Layer discs, so you're one up on us yanks in that respect. I've also read that your model allows videos to be played via the USB port, a feature lacking on the US model.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I knew I should have let you answer this one, my memory's already fading. I was just guessing on the 47 different buttons too. All I remember is you said it was in the high 40's, and I personally don't remember the remote being particularly rubbery, although I suppose that could be subjective.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi.
    I was comparing it to Pioneer, Sony, JVC and Panasonic machines, which I have owned, and are all better IMO.

I called Philips support regarding recording directly to DVD and they told me it was not possible, "you must record to the HDD first" was their reply.

Each to his own!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    duplicate
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  18. I still have them! They all operate better, and have more options for recording, have better remotes. You name it. As I said the only thing I can find in this machines favour is the recording quality in HQ and SP. Even there though, the Sony and Pioneer are better. Excepting HQ mode, which seems slightly more detailed on the few I've made on the Philips.

I am a sucker for a bargain, but this machine will not record directly to DVD. That's why I called support in the first place, because I couldn't find a way to do it. When you press record, the HDD starts recording. There is no choice between HDD or DVD in the settings, or on the remote, or on the unit.

When editing, the only option for deleting sections seems to be "hide", and it's a pig to hide the last part of a recording because at the end of the recording the machine doesn't pause. It returns you to the edit menu.

Just a couple of reasons why I don't like it.

***By the way, my machine is the UK spec 3570, not the 3575***
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  20. As I pointed out in my first post, my machine is the UK VERSION 3570.

The reason I mentioned my machine was because on a different post someone mentioned that the UK 3570 was the same/similar as the US 3575. I wasn't trying to confuse anybody.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I have bought recently Philips DVDR3575 and having some setup problems. I read the posts in this forum and used 3575 1st in the line. I have connection like this:
    TWC cable outlet to 3575 and to the cable box and to the VCR and finally to the TV all with coax. And A/V connection from cable box to 3575 to be able to record from the box. I have a old TV with only RCA connection so I use VCR kind of RF modulator to switch to TV/DVD.

From the setup I scanned analog/digital channels and analog channels scanned without any problems. However I can't get any digital channels. Moreover it stuck at channel 135. I waited almost 45 but it did nothing.

Here is my question. What am I doing wrong?.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    deleted
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try it tonight. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a follow up question
    Is this problem go away with Firmware update? Do I need to update my firmware. What kind of problem is this upgrade addressing to?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys.
    Two quick questions if anyone can help out.
    I'm about to go for the 3595 (bigger brother of the 3575?), and wondered will I be able to record from my SKY box without any hassle? Also, can I pause "mixes" of music and resume where I left off?
    (Sorry, I had a longer, more articulate version written but my mouse clicked BACK and I lost the whole thing!)
    Thanx for any replies!
    "I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another, until you just wish Flanders was dead!" --- Homer J. Simpson
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx. The SKY box is a standalone set-top box, linked to a mini-dish which is located outside the house (duh!) on my wall. SKY charge a monthly subscription to receive their channels. It's currently hooked in vai SCART to my Panny and my telly: should this setup be ok too with the Philips? Not entirely sure what you mean about a line-in: is that the same as a SCART, or are you talking about another cable altogether?
    Just want to be sure before I go handing over my cash!
    Thx again
    TH
    "I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another, until you just wish Flanders was dead!" --- Homer J. Simpson
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wabjxo, that sounds right. My TV at the moment is connected to my SKY box through SCART, as is the current DVD recorder, so if I continue that setup with the new one I guess that should be ok. My telly only has the SCART connections, so even if composite would work, I don't think I'd be able to use it.
    Anyway, as most everyone connects through SCART here, I don't really think they could sell it if it couldn't be linked up through SCART...
    Thx again!
    Quote Quote