VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm currently tryin' everything i can: from dvbdream to mytheater to dvbprog but i'm asking myself what do i miss i'm sure there is something betterthan what i've found so far.

dvbdream ain't bad but i'm sure there is better

So let me know!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well i'm back in this thread & i have to say dvbviewer is w/o a doubt the best software i have tried so far. License cost me 15€ , that was cheap.
    This piece of software is fantastic: you can play your dvds with it(divx,xvid whatever) , have the weather/news infos through the net, timeshift , EPG, subtitles and many features i didn't try i'm sure.
    The interface has been nicely worked out & the community seems "strong".

Only thing is your card must be compatible (indeed) and the list ain't so long but hey it's up to you to pick one compatible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The answer is simple: none.

DVBViewer is good, but not perfect...
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 and the perfect software Ive managed to find for it is AltDVB

Ive tried DVBViewer but whatever I did it crashed after 15 or 25 seconds when recording.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I currently use MyTheatre and RitzDVB, I like both very much, the only difference is that I had to pay US$40.00 for MyTheatre, RitzDVB is free for non commercial use.

The last version of DVBEPG works flawlessly with MyTheatre and use less CPU than the internal epg guide.
    No tengo miedo a la muerte. Solo significa soñar en silencio. Un sueño que perdura por siempre. ..
    Quote Quote