VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi - I batched processed some avi's to create some DVD ready Mpegs. However, when I attempted to use them in DVD Lab Pro 2, it complained about the framerate and prompted me to run pulldown on the file. I have this turned on in SVCD2DVD (2.5.2668)- Is there something I missed? I've used mpegs created from SVCDDVD before - not sure why this time around it is giving problems.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. A couple thoughts - were your source AVI's PAL or NTSC? If PAL do you have "convert PAL assets to NTSC" checked?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well framerate/pulldown etc changed post 2.5.2668 so i would grab the latest version...
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Deep apologies if I am simply experiencing a "senior moment," with the answer staring me in the face, but I simply cannot find the option in SVCD2DVD v.2.5.3600 (Registered) to convert PAL assets to NTSC.

the conversion seems to be listed in many places, like ChrissyBoy's signature:
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    the software's homepage:
    Recent updates include:
    . . .
    Improved NTSC-Film and PAL to NTSC conversions
    and
    When creating your DVDs, convert PAL to NTSC (no jerkiness or skipping).
    but the online FAQ says no, can't convert PAL to NTSC (as follows)
    Does SVCD2DVDMPG convert PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL?
    No.
    SVCD2DVDMPG doesn't do anything to the video standard. It resamples the audio and optionally manipulates the headers - thats it. Converting between PAL & NTSC (either way) is quite convoluted & can be long winded. If you own expensive software (e.g. Video Vegas) then you may have an easier route but other wise the best guide I've seen on the subject is: http://www.geocities.com/xesdeeni2001/StandardsConversion
    I've searched the forums, googled the web, found many guides on converting PAL to NTSC. Most say it's not worth the trouble, which is why I'm so keen to use SVCD2DVD for the conversion, because I love the results I'm getting converting mkv or ts files to DVD.

As you may imagine, I'm quite at my wit's end with confusion.
    Many thanks for whatever guidance or direction anyone can provide.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here?

Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll check tonight when I get home, but that does indeed look familiar to me.
    I can't understand why I may have misread what is plainly there to see . . . my recollection is that I had found that option for the menus, but not for the assets. My apologies.

Thank you for being patient.
    Quote Quote  
  7. No apologies necessary - happy converting.
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote