VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The stats for my project are 4 videos, 2 menus. Menu 1 has buttons for play-all and go-to-scene-selection-menu (menu 2). What happens when I click the "author DVD" button is a log of it going through and peeking at all the files and then, <5 minutes later, I get a single .vob of just menu 1's background animation. That's it, just one file sitting in the VIDEO_TS directory.

I figure it's not processing the other files, especially not the 1 hour 56 minute one, because when I did a test run of a project with only that video (and sound) file, the log showed all sorts of processing and percentages scrolling up the window. I didn't see any of that in the log of the 4video/2menu project.

What would make DVDAuthorGUI forget to process everything but the m2v/ac3 background of a single menu? (no buttons) In this case, the ac3 was 19 seconds of silence because I couldn't figure out how to not to have to select a sound file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. From your description I think you talk about GUI for dvdauthor (GfD), not dvdauthorgui (these are two different applications).
    What would make GfD forget to process everything
    Any error during creation of the menus.
    I couldn't figure out how to not to have to select a sound file.
    Just don't add one. You can still remove it (load the menu background dialog and click on the trash icon right next to the Audiofile). This would be the first thing to try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are using DVDAuthorGUI, please email me the project file, and the log, and I will look over it for you.

liquid_217@hotmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by liquid217
    If you are using DVDAuthorGUI, please email me the project file, and the log, and I will look over it for you.

liquid_217@hotmail.com
    @borax

I had been using GFD (and did post some questions about it), but this thread is about DVDAuthorGUI. The quote you used in your reply is not from my original post on this thread.

@liquid217

Okay.
    Quote Quote