VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got this error trying to Generate the DVD in FAVC:

"FAVC is unable to process the following files:

[all my files]

Generally this problem occurs when the correct version o f AviSynth is not installed (v2.56a or greater), or the corresponding codec is not installed. Alternative approaches include creating an AviSynth script yourself and opening it in FAVC, or frameserving from VirtualDub to FAVC."

also, the menu preview just shows a broken image.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As long as your version of avisynth is up-to-date and correctly installed, the only other thing I can think of that might cause this problem is the file names themselves. From what I can recall, FAVC doesn't like file names with unicode characters - they must be ANSI (I think that's how you explain it, anyway). For example, all upper and lower case letters are OK, along with numbers, spaces, underscores and hyphens. But stay away from French and Spanish characters and all symbols (ie. é, ç, ű, ß, this sort of thing). I remember once I was converting some of my Pokémon TV caps to DVD using FAVC (for my kids, OK?), and it crapped out because of the "é" in Pokémon.

Anyways, just a thought, but you might want to check it out.

UPDATE: Oops, my bad, in retrospect I don't think it was FAVC that did this to me with the unicode characters, it was another program (don't remember the name since I probably don't use it anymore!). I remember having a similar problem with FAVC, but can't quite remember what caused it. I think one time it might have been that I was trying out avisynth version 2.58 beta and it didn't like that, so I rolled back to 2.57 and it worked OK.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Switching in mind reading options
    Scanning for answers
    Answers not forthcoming

Damnit. Looks like you will have to provide useful information yourself.

Start with telling us what your files actually are.

I run FAVC with Avisynth 2.58alpha and still run into this from time to time. It only happens with mkv files, and it is always fixed by demuxing with mkvextract, then re-muxing with mkvmerge using just the video and audio tracks, and dropping all the extraneous garbage that mkv files get filled with.

Of course, because you haven't really given us anything to go on, this information might not be of use to you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    turns out that i didn't have avisynth installed at all... d'oh!! now i know that sounds like i'm an idiot--but it's not as bad as that because i was told i only needed 2 programs and there was no mention of the third, so i thought avisynth was part of the other program... anyway, thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    s'funny. I though avisynth was installed with FAVC as well. Avisynth is one of the first programs I install on a new machine after the firewall and anti-virus, so I't always been there anyway.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote