VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I recently downloaded the highly acclaimed SUPER because I want to convert short MOV videos to MPG. Such a simple task seems impossible (for free). I can't get SUPER to work! It does nothing! I understand it is some kind of GUI for supposedly existing software, so maybe I've got something missing? Anyway, please help. I use WinXP with SP2 and ZoneAlarm, AVG . I have Quicktime (free) REAL and WMP plus the latest Codecs and XP updates and bags of disk space etc (Oh and an Athlon XP3000 and GeForce 7600 GS). I've installed SUPER properly but when I click on the icon nothing happens except the hard drive chatters for a few seconds. HELP !!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    After you started super bring up the task manager and see if can see super in the process list.

Or maybe try another ffmpeg gui like the simple winff.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try downloading it again also. Delete the existing version and re-install. It doesn't take much for the installer to get corrupted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, the installer does seem to get corrupted rather easily. From where did you download it?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your replies - first I "ran" super and checked task manager but it does not appear in the list. I will try some of the other suggestions next - wait!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, by the way I got it from NONAGS.COM - I am a "member" so I got direct from them, not a third party.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I havejust downloaded Super and it directed me back to www.erightsoft to install up todate version which I am in the process of doing. but it did say on the site that if you download from sites other than the mother site the files could be corrupted so may-be you should try the updated prog.
    Quote Quote