VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks trying, but I don't have .par file. I have *.trp and .001

However, I've tested several other freebies on download.com and I found one that work smoothly for .TRP file and probably many others too. I've Tried Boilsoft one didn't work. Fast Join Saw...didn't work either. AviSplitter...didn't work.

Anyway, I just came back and posted here in case anyone ever look for it too in the future. It's a Hex Editor HxD 1.7.7.0. concatenator fx. It worked smoothly and fast too.

http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Editor/3000-2352_4-10891068.html?tag=mncol
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by nobodyski

However, I've tested several other freebies on download.com and I found one that work smoothly for .TRP file and probably many others too. I've Tried Boilsoft one didn't work. Fast Join Saw...didn't work either. AviSplitter...didn't work.

Anyway, I just came back and posted here in case anyone ever look for it too in the future. It's a Hex Editor HxD 1.7.7.0. concatenator fx. It worked smoothly and fast too.

A "par" file is not a video format like trp.it is used to rejoin split files and repair rar files. So if someone sends you a video or program or whatever and had compressed it to rar files or split it into many files for better transport, they may or may not include par files which are used to repair or rejoin. If they did not include themthen forget it.
    For more on this subject read up on QUICK PAR
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Tutorials.htm
    This probably isn't the place for Quickpar or par files discussion.
    But as I have stated before to change this to an MPG ,just rename it as an mpg file .It's that simple.click on the trp file then pause and click again then highlight the trp ext and type in MPG , done
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried GOM Player. It is free and works perfectly well with .trp files in 1080i format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by videofou
    Have you tried GOM Player. It is free and works perfectly well with .trp files in 1080i format.
    Yes, I have it, but people were asking about converting it to another format.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="walldoo99"]
    Originally Posted by nobodyski

Have you tried "copy /b splitfile.trp + splitfile.001 + splitfile.002 fullfile.trp" under command line?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't understand what the problem is. If I get a trp file, all I do is rename it "mpg" and then use the same software I have always used. No special software no hoops to jump through. I just open the shell and click "change name" then where it say TRP I erase that and type in MPG...DONE. Now it is an mpg file.
    I do the same thing with IMG files and rename them as ISO because I have the software to work with them.
    This trick does not wrk with most file types but it does for this..for me anyway
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I have the same Problem, The files from my sat reciever are in .trp
    the normal files are easily to convert, but I found nothing what works by the HD Files to convert them

So please can you Post the Settings you use by converting it with the HEX editor you have Posted
    because I have no Idea what I should do with this Programm. and Im searching since 2weeks for a resolution

Thanx,
    and sorry for my worse english
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jack_Daniels,

Thanx, that worked. I didn't realize /b switch was even there. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Originally Posted by walldoo99 View Post
    I don't understand what the problem is. If I get a trp file, all I do is rename it "mpg" and then use the same software I have always used. No special software no hoops to jump through. I just open the shell and click "change name" then where it say TRP I erase that and type in MPG...DONE. Now it is an mpg file.
    I do the same thing with IMG files and rename them as ISO because I have the software to work with them.
    This trick does not wrk with most file types but it does for this..for me anyway
    I'm aware of the rename of file.trp to file.mpg. However that only works when there is only 1 file of .trp. In FTA reciever, it records the HD stream and split to multiple parts once it gets to a certain big size. For example, when I record the Olympics, it create the first initial part filename.trp. The other ones after that on the same recording will begins with filename.001, filename.002... The rename is easy for the first file, but you only get to see up to that part. To see the whole recording, you have to join back all those .00x to the original .trp file.

Originally Posted by benji179 View Post
    Hello, I have the same Problem, The files from my sat reciever are in .trp
    the normal files are easily to convert, but I found nothing what works by the HD Files to convert them

So please can you Post the Settings you use by converting it with the HEX editor you have Posted
    because I have no Idea what I should do with this Programm. and Im searching since 2weeks for a resolution

Thanx,
    and sorry for my worse english
    Benji, use Jack_Daniels method, it's much simpler and you don't have to install anything.

But it you want to use the HxD, the setting I used were the default setting. All I do is run the program. Go to Extras, File Tools, Concatenate. Click ADD file. Choose your the .trp file so it is the first in the order. Then add all the other .001 and rest of sequence files. In the output , give it final filename that you want it to re-output as. For example: myjoinfilename.mpg
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the fast answer,
    what Jack_Daniels post is Not The solution for My Problem, because i can add the Files AFTER convert it.
    But i Need to convert it to a Format with wich My DVD burn programm can work and just rename it to MPG don't work, After rename it i still cant convert it and i Need to convert it.
    I will try if it works with the hex Editor but it rename it just or?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To convert to DVD, after joining the files .001, .002...back to first .trp file and output back to single .trp file, I then rename it to .mpg file, then use Nero's Vision DVD authoring software to convert it to regular DVD format. However, I later found out that I can skip the rename part and Nero vision can still import it still straight to DVD.

In other words, after you joined them all back to single .trp file, use DVD authoring software such as Nero Vision "Make DVD" and 'import' feature (a few clicks) and select the .trp or .mpg file...and that's it.

I don't know of other dvd authoring software, you can try Nero 9 free trial or these free GPL ones from sourceforge
    http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=dvd+authoring&type_of_search=soft&pmode=0&sort=nu...=desc&limit=25
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Can you burn it to dvd as a Pal or ntsc(or how its called, the standard DVD movie formates).
    or just like datas?
    Because I need it in a DVD standart movie format (Pal Ntcs) to play it on a DVD Player

I Ask because I will know if it works before I buy Nero9

And is it still in HD after burn it on DVD

Thanks for help
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you burn it to dvd as a Pal or ntsc(or how its called, the standard DVD movie formates).
    or just like datas?
    Yes, it can output to PAL or NTSC (default), but you can change it in the configuration for your area.

Because I need it in a DVD standart movie format (Pal Ntcs) to play it on a DVD Player

Thanks for help
    If you record in HD, then you will get HD on DVD. But better if you output to AVCHD format that uses Blu-Ray disk. The HD output on AVCHD is way better than regular DVD disk.

No, I'm not Nero salesman, but it is what I use...it's good enough software, not superfast when burning 2 or 3 at a time but does the job and make it easy.

I got my Nero free at Fry's Electronics www.frys.com through their black friday rebate deal.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    is there any solution to convert eg. avi-files to trp !with! the pvr file?
    btw, whats the pvr file including or better what does the pvr file do.

if you just rename the trp files made on a receiver, it can be watched on every simply media player.
    but the other way wont work...
    using the SUPER converter, it creates "only" the tpr file, but the receiver wont display this tpr-file...

i suggest, the pvr files is missing...

any solutions?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please delete.
    Last edited by 72Mehdi; 1st Sep 2010 at 18:58.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nobodyski View Post
    or just like datas?
    Yes, it can output to PAL or NTSC (default), but you can change it in the configuration for your area.

Thanks for help
    If you record in HD, then you will get HD on DVD.
    !??!?!?!? Once you've converted to DVD it's no longer HD.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I finally managed to get TRP files to play on my PC using BSPlayer but the audio is out of synch. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried demoting the streams and Adjusting the gap correction but it's pointless as you can synch in one place and the audio will be out of synch in another.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Resolved myself (as usual). Super and Handbrake are utter crap for everything not just TRP. Any Video Converter blows them away.

There is no free solution. iSkysoft Video Converter (http://www.iskysoft.com/video-converter-windows.html) will convert TRP to any format. If you want to simply edit TRP files without converting use Smart Cutter Ps/Ts. You can do frame by frame editing, mark sections to keep and it re-encodes the first and last gop. You don't suffer any loss of quality. If you want frame by frame mkv/wmv editing convert mkv/wmv/avi to trp with iSkysoft Video Converter. Use Smart Cutter Ps/Ts to edit then re-convert your trp files back into the required format although if you are playing your files on a media player they should play trp so you don't need to. As for HD to DVD conversion what is the point?!??! It defeats the purpose of HD.
    Last edited by 72Mehdi; 14th Oct 2010 at 11:24.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Free HD Converter V1.7 is the best free ware to convert PVR file,TRP .
    I have a ton of sonicview hd movie and the Free HD Converter V1.7 finish them all.Thanks Koyote Soft
    (Before use Free HD Converter V1.7 you need A.F.7 Merge,and TsRemux to trim movie))

I did try MPEG Streamclip,super,DIVX PLUS Converter,Videoredo,XviD4PSP-6,HDTVtoMPEG2_v1.11.94 all of them not very good.

You will say thanks to Koyote Soft after you try this.
    Last edited by caliman; 13th Oct 2010 at 15:03.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by caliman View Post
    Free HD Converter V1.7 is the best free ware to convert PVR file,TRP .
    I have a ton of sonicview hd movie and the Free HD Converter V1.7 finish them all.Thanks Koyote Soft
    (Before use Free HD Converter V1.7 you need A.F.7 Merge,and TsRemux to trim movie))

I did try MPEG Streamclip,super,DIVX PLUS Converter,Videoredo,XviD4PSP-6,HDTVtoMPEG2_v1.11.94 all of them not very good.

You will say thanks to Koyote Soft after you try this.
    It doesn't support TRP files.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having a similar issue. I can join the files using copy /b and then I use TSRemux to turn the new .trp into a .ts file with a better structure. Both Handbrake and Super can convert this to a more compressed format. However, only the video converts (and will play fine). The audio does is not playable from the .ts file, and the converted files don't contain any audio.

After quite a bit of digging, I have determined that this is because the broadcaster is using HE-AAC v2, and none of the video converters or players I have tried seem to support this audio format.

Any thoughts out there as to how I might convert a .ts file with HE-AAC v2 audio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Winamp is able to play HE-AAC v2-audio files and can convert is to an uncompressed WAV-file. With a different tool e.g. BeLight then you can convert this uncompressed WAV-audio file into the format of your choice and then remux it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I use KMPlayer works great just have to select it to play back trp .files also for burning them to dvd I use convert x to dvd ( Aloha from Kauai HI)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello
    I have problems with trp files too.
    I just wish to delete advertising in the movie and return modificated files on receiver's hard disc.
    The structure of files on receiver is
    curpos.cps
    time.idx
    info.ifo
    data00.trp
    data01.trp......to e.g. data06.trp

After cutting advertising, separate in each data00 to data06 with Mpg2Cut2, i don't know how to merge this modificated data together and what to do if merged files are bigger then 4G (fat32). And what is about with cps,ifo and idx files. I tried merged data's files with Aimers Video Ultimate but the file is over 4G and have not cps,ifo and idx.

Any suggestion please.

Best regards
    Last edited by barje; 27th Jan 2011 at 20:38. Reason: add
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey people let me introduce u to the most successful app for mpeg 4 trp files. it woks perfectly. It is called "CONVERTXTODVD 4". You can download it at http://www.vso-software.fr/products/download-convertxtodvd-free.php. reply if it does not work.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I use this trp converter

It converts .trp files to common formats, like .avi, .mp4, .ts, .mpg, etc.

You can try it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm....

Some serious gravedigging of an old thread, by a person who has only joined on they day they posted this, and who only posted a link to some relatively unknown trialware.

Methinks I smell spam.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I use VLC as my my primary player. So far, it plays 99% of those file formats and it's free!
    Quote Quote