VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I'm new here so forgive me if this is the wrong place for this but about a year ago I had gone to this site eztakes where you buy then download DVDs to burn and I purchased the movie Troma's War and burned it using the eztakes download tool and the DVD played fine, now that was on my old computer that at this point in time is dead (burned out CPU and power supply.) I have a laptop I'm using while that computers dead and I wanted to watch the movie again so I put the DVD in my laptop and my laptop freezes and doesn't recognize there is a DVD and so I took it out, there were no scratches or anything, i put it back in and it was recognized, I tried Media Player Classic and it couldnt recognize the DVD, i tried windows media player and it recognized it but for some reason didnt play the movie from the start and the picture was horrible. It then froze and I took the DVD out. I put the dvd in my playstation 2 and it couldnt recognize it. This movie used to run fine, why is it suddenly not working? My playstation 2 and my laptop have never had problems with DVDs before. How can I get this movie to work again and why is it suddenly not working?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My guess would be that the disc is bad. Eztakes allows you to download and burn movies onto DVD that can be played in any player, so there is nothing unique to your old PC that allows the disc to play. This could be the result of a bad/failing burner in the old PC or more likely the result of using cheap/crappy media.

Verbatim and TY are the most reliable and consistent.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote