VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I burned some mp4 files to a DVD and put the DVD in my progressive scan DIVX compliant player and they didn't show up? These file opened in Quicktime and DIVX players on my computer, why wouldn't they show up on the progressive scan player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You burned them to a DVD data disc as a Divx/Xvid file? MP4 can have many formats (Codecs) besides Divx/Xvid.

Being able to play them on a software player doesn't mean much. Many software players can play corrupted or out of spec files on a computer with no problems.

Check one in Gspot 2.70 to see what format they are.

And check your DVD player specs to see how they compare for compatibility.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "won't show up" - if they don't even list on a menu, try just renaming them to AVI maybe?? But AVI is a different container for MP4, so don't be surprised if you need to re-encode to a new file to get them to play
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm willing to convert them to avi. files but that takes so long, I may have no choice.

As for this Gspot program...I'm on an Mac G4 os 10.4...do they make such a program for macs? and if you say no I won't be surprised.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I missed the Mac part.

It's a good idea to state that up front in your posts if other members are like me and don't check your computer details each time before posting. Maybe VideoSpec would work as a substitute for Gspot with the Mac OS..

Alternately, I can move this thread to our Mac Forum where you may get more OS specific replies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry my bad...it's such a Microsoft world I forget....https://forum.videohelp.com/images/smiles/smile.gif

I will try VideoSpec and let you know....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not a problem. Mac's work sufficiently different that it helps to direct Mac users to other resources. We have a Mac forum. Most anyMac video questions are better answered there.

And I have a Mac G4, though I only use it for graphics, not video.
    Quote Quote