VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any one have any idea's why Spider Man 3 does not play well with DVDFab or CloneDVD2?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    copy protection?
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by classfour
    copy protection?
    This is a good guess. I think Spider Man 3 is a Sony release and they are the guys who use ARCCOS for DVD protection. ARCCOS can be defeated, but it does give older abandoned decrypters fits, such as DVD Decrypter. ARCCOS gets updated all the time and then within a week or two of the newest update, it gets cracked, again. You may just need to wait for a new update for your software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I ripped spiderman 3 (region 2) with dvdfabdecrypter and then ran Fixvts after as the ripped files refused to play from my harddrive and this seemed to sort things out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Funny I used clone dvd and any dvd and I was able to back it up and easily play on my pc..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD didn't have any problems, but I backed it up in Movie-only reauthor mode in DVD-Shrink...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ripped "movie only" with RipIt4Me - the outlawed, unsupported program
    of infamous notoriety (behind DVDDecryptor LOL)
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll give Clone DVD another try but it had read errors halfway through the read process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used DVDFAB DECRYPTER & DVD REBUILDER PRO with no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ran it through DVDFab again and it seemed to work fine. Guess I got nervous for nothing
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It ripped just fine using DVDShrink (reauthor - movie only).....
    Quote Quote  
  12. I’ve already used DVDFab Decrypter and DVD Shrink to create an ISO of Spider Man3. I can use VLC to play the ISO image with no issues, but when I try to use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO image to (Maxell DVD +R or Memorex +RW) media, I receive an I/O Error. The ISO burn gets past the write stage in DVD Decrypter, but when it comes to the verifying stage, it will go for a little while, then the error occurs. I’ve uploaded an image of what the error looks like. Hope the file is readable.

Thanks
    Blue

spider%20man%203_%20error.doc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, one thing is for sure: No copy protection in the world will cause read errors when you've burned an ISO.
    Try it in your DVD player and see if it plays. That's the true test. I've never once bothered with write verification.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yeah I just tabbed through the chapters and it didn't pause or anything. I'll let it play all the way through to see what happens.

So,the verify step is not needed?

Yeah I just installed DVDFab HD Decrypter and ImgBurn. These will be what I will use going forward. Would be nice if DVD Shrink had a way to auto launch ImgBurn like it does with DVD Decrypter.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bluemoss
    Would be nice if DVD Shrink had a way to auto launch ImgBurn like it does with DVD Decrypter.

Thanks
    DVD DECRYPTER is no longer updated, although the author for that program is also the creator of IMGBURN. Just create a ISO image through DVD SHRINK then open up IMGBURN to burn to dvd media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So,the verify step is not needed?
    In my book: No. I'd compare that to someone who'd go over every frame with a loupe after developing a film.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by budz
    Would be nice if DVD Shrink had a way to auto launch ImgBurn like it does with DVD Decrypter.

Thanks
    DVD DECRYPTER is no longer updated, although the author for that program is also the creator of IMGBURN. Just create a ISO image through DVD SHRINK then open up IMGBURN to burn to dvd media.

So could I just use DVDFab HD Decrypter to create the VIDEO_TS folder and use ImgBurn to burn an ISO from the VIDEO_TS folder to HD or DVD, bypassing DVD Shrink?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz

Thanks

So could I just use DVDFab HD Decrypter to create the VIDEO_TS folder and use ImgBurn to burn an ISO from the VIDEO_TS folder to HD or DVD, bypassing DVD Shrink?
    You still need DVD Shrink if you want to fit it on a single layer blank.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Ok, gotcha.

Thanks
    Blue
    Quote Quote