VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using ConvertXToDVD 2.2.3.258 and i have noticed when i convert from AVI to DVD format, the DVD video is significantly brighter than the AVI video. I have "DeInterleave" UNCHECKED, however i dont think that seems to make a difference. Is there any reason for this DVD video being brigher?

Im pretty sure, i have used an older version of ConvertXToDVD and it didnt have this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is this playing both on the Computer? A TV set will display brighter than the computer will.

It is also possible that the DVD playing Software on your computer is brightening up the image so it will look like it would on a TV set rather than dim like a computer would normally display it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found the problem (i hope). I was using Cyberlink PowerDVD to play the DVD file, and i read that it has a feature called Cyberlink Eagle Vision 2 which brightens up or darkens a video if they are (what it thinks) too hard to see.
    "CLEV-2 (CyberLink Eagle Vision 2) is a video enhancement technology developed by CyberLink that detects video content and dynamically adjusts the brightness/contrast/saturation ratios so that you do not need to change the color settings if the movie you are watching contains scenes that are overly dark or too bright."

Played the DVD file using Media Player Classic, looked normal.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So it was a player software issue.

I believe you can turn that feature off in the settings.

Easy fix at least and you do not even have to re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having the same issue. Even when I mess with the TV's brightness/contract/etc; settings the dvd is still too bright (everything is white). How to I find the program or whatever that is making this brighter? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by insane225
    I am having the same issue. Even when I mess with the TV's brightness/contract/etc; settings the dvd is still too bright (everything is white). How to I find the program or whatever that is making this brighter? Thanks.
    Assuming this is a serious post (everything is white ? really ?) you need to start by giving us way more information that you have.

How about;

What is the source ?
    What did you convert with ?
    Post a still image or short clip of the source and converted files
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes its a serous reply. I am have the same problem, It deposit happen to all files but most. The source file I download from a link on QSS is a perfect copy yet when I burn it to disk the quality is crap. It turns out way to bright and adjusting the settings for the TV or the DVD player does nothing. I just burned from a good source file of the terminator and it was almost as good as the source file. But today I burned a good copy of District 9 and it looked like crap. Its almost a blinding white or a washed out look. On ConvertXtoDVd doesn't have any bit-rate settings. I have tried changing the encoding settings, the DVD specifications and the burning but there really isn't any fine tuning. I assume that it has some to do with the input settings of the file not meshing up with the output but what do I do to get rid of the white problem? is there another free software program I can use that's simple to use.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wait till District 9 is released on DVD and BD then buy a copy.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KBeee
    Wait till District 9 is released on DVD and BD then buy a copy.
    You can go to this site and get links to great moves in grate shape. They even started an HD.

WAREZ links removed.

This the divx forum, It has everything imaginable. We have a flash forum ... and An DIVX hi equality section and we just opened an HD section. All of them play fantastic on my 23" lcd. Check it our you will be amassed

I just want to know how to change the brightness and fix the settings on ConvertXtoDVD and if not I would like another burner that doesn't bave me that problem

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Buy/rent your movies instead of downloading warez crap releases.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote