VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. During the Build DVD process in Encore, I'm encountering an "end of file" error. I've searched through the help a little, but can't find any reference to it. What exactly is the problem, and what is the solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That could be an issue where Encore is writing an image file to a drive that only support FAT32. Is that the case?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was burning to a DVD disc when the error first occured. It also occured on an attempt to write an ISO--though I know nothing about whether the drive in question only supports FAT32.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't burn to DVD. Burn a folder set of image file first. Burning direct to DVD rarely works due to various factors in authoring, which require more time than allowed by direct burning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've had no problems previously when burning straight to DVD, and it's one less step, which is why I've been doing it that way.

As I said, the same error occured when I attempted to write an ISO, but I know nothing about FAT32, or how it relates to the drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FAT32 is a file system with a 4GB limit. NTFS is what is needed. Check it out. Right click on the drive in Windows, go to properties, and see what it says. If it's FAT32, convert it in DOS. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb456984.aspx
    Quote Quote  
  7. It's NTFS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The source file may be damaged.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Damaged in what way? Everything worked fine while I was adding chapters, linking menu buttons, etc, and playing the video in VLC also works fine so far as I can tell (though I've just watched the opening and closing few seconds), playing all the way to the end.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi

Have the same problem. What a pain!!!!! Anyway after a couple of days of googling and hours of building, building and re building, I've found that basically its a corrupt video or audio file.

The best way to find out which one it is, is by manually removing the video/audio files one by one (including motion menu's) and after each one is removed, build the dvd. Eventually you'll find the corrupt file. You can then use either premiere or pinnacle or any other editing program to recreate the broken file.

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  11. It's the main video file that's the problem, yet it plays/functions fine in every other piece of software. How do I fix the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  12. The only way I can think of to fix this problem is to simply rebuild the faulty file. The problem isn't that it doesn't work in other applications, its that for some reason or another encore doesn't like it.

So simply use whatever program you used initially to create the mpeg, and recreate it again as a different mpeg. To get my working I opened up the faulty file using pinacle, made no changes to it, and just exported as an mpeg with a different file name (eg movieNEW.mpeg) This worked for me, so hopefully it'll work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I haven't had an internet connection for the past couple of weeks or so, thus the delayed response.

I recreated the file, reimported, and built an ISO, which went fine so far as encore was concerned. However, on playing the ISO file in PowerDVD, it locks up when it tries to play the video file that was previously causing the encore error, takes a couple of minutes, then plays the video. The other video file and the menus function correctly.

I opened the ISO with Magic ISO, and the VOB files for that video file take the same amount of time to load into VLC, barring the first which is simply half a second of black.

Is it actually working, and my computer's unable to handle it, or is there something that needs to be fixed before I finally get this thing on DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the exact same issue. I tried re-encoding all the mpeg files with Pinnacle. No luck. What finally worked is making Encore transcode the files for me. Then it was in a format that Encore was happy with and everything worked. Just right click the file and select "transcode settings"
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    It's been years since anyone's posted here but I was having this same problem and yes, changing the transcode settings on each video to "automatic" solved it for me.
    Quote Quote  
  16. As I've been faced a few times with this error, I noticed that the root of the problem seems to be the xmp file Adobe Premiere generates. Encore doesn't read it correctly thus gives you an end of file error. I usually delete the xmp and xmpes files associated with the Premiere export and let Encore create his own, works like a breeze. PS. usually you can notice with file/timeline was the faulty when you replace it and Encore says your video is shorter than original although it's the same file just copied.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An ancient thread but worth replying. Encore is sensitive to the lengths of audio and video paired with each other in a timeline. They have to be exactly the same, or the audio length has to be shorter than the video length (by even a few frames). Depending on what the sources are, audio and video lengths can end up minutely mismatched after encoding (especially outside of Encore), often by just a few frames (even with the two in perfect sync throughout). In Encore, zooming a timeline to 100% and examining its end instantly tells you what the case is. The solution is very simple: dragging the audio clip length just so it matches the video or is just a frame or two shorter.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  18. In my case, whenever I finish my edits in Premiere, export a file in MPEG-2 DVD for authoring in Encore CS6. Lately I've lost a lot of media by an error that occurs in Encore when he is burning the media, and before finalizing it and to get the error message "END FILE".
    After a long break the head, and try many things, making several attempts, I found the SOLUTION, not at least until now had that kind of problem. I did the following:
    After importing the videos as timeline and make the DVD authoring in the PROJECT window click with the right mouse button on the video track, open a window and click the first option above "transcode settings" and another window opens, go to DVD Transcoding, Quality Preset, and choose the Automatic option, and give an OK. Repeat this procedure for each video track that is in the PROJECT window.
    When Encore is finalizing the DVD before it makes a quick rendering of each video file and continues the DVD finalization process and no longer appears in the error message and terminates the media without problem.
    So far I not had this problem. If this tip can help someone forum that is having the same problem, God be praised!
    Quote Quote