VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.
    How do I copy or convert a hidden DVD video with only "Track01.cda" 1KB in the directory? I have a DVD that looks like a CD by the name "Track01.cda" showing 1KB. Using ISOBuster, the movie is in a hidden session and hidden Track02.cda file. But I can't extract it and save it as any other video format. Is there anyway of copying a hidden video on a hidden session and track as an MPEG, or whatever? Thanx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does it play in anything? what program plays it? how about in a standalone? normally .cda files are just small index files for cd audio tracks. nothing that i've seen uses them for any dvd or video files.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My original request
    Hi.
    How do I copy or convert a hidden DVD video with only "Track01.cda" 1KB in the directory? I have a DVD that looks like a CD by the name "Track01.cda" showing 1KB. Using ISOBuster, the movie is in a hidden session and hidden Track02.cda file. But I can't extract it and save it as any other video format. Is there anyway of copying a hidden video on a hidden session and track as an MPEG, or whatever? Thanx.

Originally Posted by aedipuss
    does it play in anything? what program plays it? how about in a standalone? normally .cda files are just small index files for cd audio tracks. nothing that i've seen uses them for any dvd or video files.
    Dear aedipuss.

Several PC DVD player programs that I have can't play it. It does not play on ordinary standalones either, except, it DOES play on 2 DivX compatible standalones that I have.

As I said, all I see in the directory of this DVD is Track01.cda 1K. The disk size shows 1.99GB, but that is not the real size of data on this disk.

Using ISOBUSTER, Sessions 1 and 2 are shown with Track01.cda under Session 1 and Track02.cda shown under Session 2. Both sessions and Track02.cda are hidden. Also track 02 displays an LBA of 1,840,800 and a file size of 8.188.49GB, whatever that is supposed to be. When ISOBUSTER tries to retrieve video data, it creates a nonsense 1KB *.IBP file and fills up the hard drive with useless 1GB *.IBQ files, none of them coming off the DVD.

Can anyone help direct me to someone that may know how to copy or convert this DVD that looks like a CD? Thanx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok, that is not consistent with either my thorough ADVD tests, nor with your own words...

1st- Windows Explorer reads THE LAST SESSION of multisession discs (since it should be the most cumulative and up-to-date). A properly created 2-session disc would show only the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS stuff in Windows Explorer.

2nd- ISOBuster will read ALL SESSIONS, but never shows any AudioCD material as "***.cda". That's a Windows Explorer thing only (and a misleading one at that). That .CDA "file" isn't really a file, but a pointer to the FILESYSTEM-LESS AudioCD track. It is a Windows virtual construct, not existing that way on the disc.

3rd- ISOBuster should show AudioCD tracks as "Track##" with no extension, and an extraction of that track to the hard drive is allowed by a few filetype choices, the default of which would be a WAV file (as it should be). And they AREN'T only 1kB. This is true no matter which Session the Audio Tracks are in.

4th- An Autoplay of a 2-session disc of TypeA (Session1=AudioCD,Session2=DVDonCD) will start WMP (or similar default audio player) playing the Audio tracks, while the Windows Explorer window would only show the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS stuff. If the disc is of TypeB (Session1=DVDonCD, Session2=AudioCD), it will start a DVDplayer app (WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc), and may or may not show .CDA files in Windows Explorer (it's quirky sometimes--lack of a filesystem in AudioCD messes with the usual TOC linkage). Under no circumstance (***with a correctly burned disc***) should the .CDA files show in Explorer without the VIDEO_TS being "usable"

5th- A settop player should (normally) play only the 1st session, so a TypeA disc plays as an AudioCD would and that's all. TypeB disc plays as a DVDonCD (if your player accepts that kind of disc), and that's all.

6th- I've correctly BURNED and READ discs of all these types, and they work consistently the same as I just mentioned, and I've never had trouble correctly extracting any material from any of the sessions.

So...

I've got to conclude that there's something else going on that you're not telling us.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    Ok, that is not consistent with either my thorough ADVD tests, nor with your own words...

1st- Windows Explorer reads THE LAST SESSION of multisession discs (since it should be the most cumulative and up-to-date). A properly created 2-session disc would show only the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS stuff in Windows Explorer.

2nd- ISOBuster will read ALL SESSIONS, but never shows any AudioCD material as "***.cda". That's a Windows Explorer thing only (and a misleading one at that). That .CDA "file" isn't really a file, but a pointer to the FILESYSTEM-LESS AudioCD track. It is a Windows virtual construct, not existing that way on the disc.

3rd- ISOBuster should show AudioCD tracks as "Track##" with no extension, and an extraction of that track to the hard drive is allowed by a few filetype choices, the default of which would be a WAV file (as it should be). And they AREN'T only 1kB. This is true no matter which Session the Audio Tracks are in.

4th- An Autoplay of a 2-session disc of TypeA (Session1=AudioCD,Session2=DVDonCD) will start WMP (or similar default audio player) playing the Audio tracks, while the Windows Explorer window would only show the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS stuff. If the disc is of TypeB (Session1=DVDonCD, Session2=AudioCD), it will start a DVDplayer app (WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc), and may or may not show .CDA files in Windows Explorer (it's quirky sometimes--lack of a filesystem in AudioCD messes with the usual TOC linkage). Under no circumstance (***with a correctly burned disc***) should the .CDA files show in Explorer without the VIDEO_TS being "usable"

5th- A settop player should (normally) play only the 1st session, so a TypeA disc plays as an AudioCD would and that's all. TypeB disc plays as a DVDonCD (if your player accepts that kind of disc), and that's all.

6th- I've correctly BURNED and READ discs of all these types, and they work consistently the same as I just mentioned, and I've never had trouble correctly extracting any material from any of the sessions.

So...

I've got to conclude that there's something else going on that you're not telling us.

Scott
    Dear Cornucopia / Scott.
    Thank you for your impressive knowledge, experience and time.

From what I've read, I was also surprised with my observations. I was under the impression, too, that only the last sessions or tracks would be visible in a Windows Directory. But ISOBusters showed, as I already said, 2 Sessions with 1 track in each. And yes, it was my error with the Track's listing. ISOBuster first shows DVD-R on the left pane. On the right pane of DVD-R is displayed:
    Name=A graphic of a CD/DVD "Session 1", then LBA=0, then Size=3.51GB, then Size (Bytes)=3,769,958,400, then Modified=N/A. Under this line is another:
    Name=A graphic of a CD/DVD "Session 2", then LBA=1840800, then Size=8,188.49GB, then Size (Bytes)=8,792,323,063,808, then Modified=N/A.
    Under Session 1, on the right panel is:
    Name=a large RED X then A graphic of a CD/DVD Track 01, then LBA=0, then Size=3.51GB, then Size (Bytes)=3,769,958,400, then Modified=N/A.
    Under Session 2, on the right panel is:
    Name=A graphic of a CD/DVD Track 02, then LBA=1840800, then Size=8,188.49GB, then Size (Bytes)=8,792,323,063,808, then Modified=N/A.

This is very confusing to me because it looks like the video is in Track01 except for the big red X.

Also, as I said before, the Windows Directory displays: Track01.cda, 1KB, CDA file, 1/01/95 12:00AM

No PC video player program can play it. Non-DivX standalones can't, either. But both of my DivX compatible standalones can. On one of them, the screen menu shows: 1 L 1 7/29/2005 2:50PM. At the bottom of this DivX player menu are 3 buttons, Prev Play Next. The video will NOT play if I scroll to the Play button. The video will only play if I press the center Play button on the remote as soon as the menu appears.

Also, there is NO mention, in Windows or ISOBUSTER, of any DVD type file names such as VIDEO_TS or AUDIO_TS.

Also, you are correct about no mention being made by ISOBUSTER of .cda.

What you said next "That's a Windows Explorer thing only (and a misleading one at that). That .CDA "file" isn't really a file, but a pointer to the FILESYSTEM-LESS AudioCD track. It is a Windows virtual construct, not existing that way on the disc." is very good. (Shades of the Matrix.)

Yes, I understand that:
    1) ISOBUSTER doesn't show extensions
    2) And that the tracks AREN'T 1KB.
    But, how can any of these tracks be extracted, as you have said?
    Also, isn't a WAV file just an audio file? when the data is really a video?

You said "I've correctly BURNED and READ discs of all these types, and they work consistently the same as I just mentioned, and I've never had trouble correctly extracting any material from any of the sessions."

Question 1 again: how can I extract this video? and question 2: what do you use to burn such a disk?

As I mentioned earlier, all of my ISOBUSTER attempts at extraction didn't work.

Is ISOBUSTER the only program in existance that can help me?

Printed on the DVD is: DVD99-13.

I hope I was more thorough and accurate this time.

Thank you in advance of any more help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it:

Another football hooligan video from Ainaskin. A collection of video clips and footage of hooligan battles between riot police, each other and anything that stands in their way.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MysticE
    Is it:

Another football hooligan video from Ainaskin. A collection of video clips and footage of hooligan battles between riot police, each other and anything that stands in their way.
    Hello Mystic, Scott and everyone else.

Something amazing just happened to that video that I was having trouble copying. And no, it isn't a hooigan video. It's a video about food aditives that are killing us.

Guess what. I had ISOBUSTERS running and displaying what I had previously said. I then ejected this wierd .cda DVD out of my PC to read the name on the DVD. I then put it back into the drive, and when I went to Windows Explorer, lo and behold, I was, for the first time, looking at a normal DVD directory. Following are actual pics of what Windows Explorer and ISOBUSTERS now show.

I wonder why this DVD finally decided to give up it's contents?

Thank you, and good bye. Sincerely, vincehal

excitotoxins%20all.jpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'll bite on continuing to unravel it. but first we need to know what it is and where it came from. where was it obtained, what is the video that plays, how long, what type of audio, etc? music video? karaoke? movie? pron? from india per chance?

have you tried using isobuster, right clicking on the largest file and selecting extract m2f2 frames only?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'll bite on continuing to unravel it. but first we need to know what it is and where it came from. where was it obtained, what is the video that plays, how long, what type of audio, etc? music video? karaoke? movie? pron? from india per chance?

have you tried using isobuster, right clicking on the largest file and selecting extract m2f2 frames only?
    Hi aedipuss.

This presentation video, made in the States, was made in 1999 on the subject of food additives that are killing us. If you read my previous entries, for several weeks I was unable to play or copy or even see the true contents of this DVD. But, this evening, all of a sudden, I was able to see, play and copy this DVD. Why? I don't know.

So I don't have a problem anymore. Thanx everyone for all of the help.

vincehal
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vincehal

Hi aedipuss.

This presentation video, made in the States, was made in 1999 on the subject of food additives that are killing us. If you read my previous entries, for several weeks I was unable to play or copy or even see the true contents of this DVD. But, this evening, all of a sudden, I was able to see, play and copy this DVD. Why? I don't know.

So I don't have a problem anymore. Thanx everyone for all of the help.

vincehal
    Hi all.
    I found what caused my problem. An older DVD reader in my PC and an older stanalone DVD player. When I use my newer DL DVD burner, these so-called .cda DVD's display correctly and play and copy fine. Sorry for all of the trouble I caused you fine people, here.
    Sincerely, vincehal
    Quote Quote