VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any idea on how its used?

I have been using TMPGEnc DVD Author which is a pain in the rear as it keeps on throwing up errors for media streams that have no issue in them (having checked with various software to check for stream errors), so I asked here some time ago about alternative DVD authoring tools and got pointed to GUI for DVD Author and I'M still scratching my head.

The help file pointed me here for help but I do not see any "How 2" on how 2 use it.

The problem with TMPGEnc DVD Author is that is either introduces a skew in the audio sync which is never present in the original or mpg stream and m2v & mp2 audio or if its a good encode all I keep getting is "Illegal Stream" error message and the processing stops.

So I try another program like GUI for DVD Author and I'M stuck, I do not understand the program, all I can say is that I use allot of programs and this has to be the worst interface I have yet to come across, so a clue on where to start please.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe it's easier to find a solution for tda.
    What version of tmpgenc dvd author?
    What is your video source? captured mpeg2 stream? digitaltv? Using the quickstrim fix in videoredo often fix a lot of problems in mpeg2 files so they can the imported in for example tda.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc DVD Author Version 1.6

& No it isnt an easy option to find a solution as this was discussed before which is why were at the GUI for DVD Author stage.

One of the issues is the VBR audio and non standard audio in .avi files

==========================
    if(avi.audio==vbr){
    strip out audio
    use BeSweet to convert compressed wav to PCM wav.
    use sony soundforge to resample to 48,000hz sample rate as BeSweet is total crap at doing such a simple task as resampling
    }

process in Virtual Dub with video and audio in sync to a NEW avi file that has been resized to 352x288 @ 25fps

process video in MP4 convertor to make a compliant MPG stream

import into TMPGEnc DVD Author and wait for it to screw up the hard work...

==========================

Even if the video is rendered in TMPGenc 2.5 the audio is out of sync, it also takes about 4 hours to do a stream that other programs take 20 minutes to process, so I do not use it because its just as crap as the DVD author program that skews the audio for no reason.

I never had a problem with the program until recently, It was granted permission to connect to the internet, by accident I might add, since then things havent worked right so I feel that the program has been knobbled by the makers who are pushing a new version. Again, this something I have discussed before and yes, program vendors do this on a very regular basis as they want you to update and I do not see why I should pay out money over and over again, the program costs enough as it is, if it was £10 a throw then I wouldn't mind but @ £30 a go, they can go fork themselves, I want to use something else and GUI for DVD Author is what I want to use but its not "Doing it for me" as its not what you call an "Intuitive" interface, the most I have been able to do is get a background image into the thing and that's it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you read this?

http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/GUI_DVDauthor_eng_07.htm

The answer to most questions are to be found there. If you cannot find what you need you will have to specify what it is you want to do.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, Thx V Much.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netbuddy
    & No it isnt an easy option to find a solution as this was discussed before which is why were at the GUI for DVD Author stage.
    I don't read all posts in the forum so I didn't know that so I'm sorry for posting...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well guess what.

I just proved a point to myself, the next version works without a problem.

I borrowed an installer from a friend and this just goes to prove that all the *ankers were after was more money.

Thank you guys but be wary of Pegasys, it appears that they knobble their software to get you to upgrade, I tried getting assistance from the company but all they offered was a link to the upgrade for existing customers, my reply was short, succinct and to the point.

I now can continue whilst learning to use the GUI for DVD Author as its proving to be a bit of a handful, thanks for the links, they did offer a bit of information and IMHO the interface could be made far more user friendly for it but try telling the program authors and its like talking to a brick wall.

L8rz.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I thought I could continue but seems that TMPG Enc DVD Author 3.x is as flakey as the previous version in as far as it gets the job 80% done, throws an error and reports that theirs not enough space to complete the operation when on inspection theirs a good 12Gigbytes free space for that VOB...

In my books, not a good advert for their product, I think I will have to knuckle down to GUI for DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have too much trouble with GUI for DVDAuthor, you might try DVDAuthorGUI. It works a lot the way VCDEasy worked back before I got a DVD burner. The only problem I've had with this DVDAuthorGUI is that WinDVD doesn't like the menus - they hang after you select a button. WMP 10 and the 4-5 DVD players I've tried my discs on all play them without a problem. Liquid217, the author of DVDAuthorGUI, has written a pretty good manual and guide for it as well.

CogoSWSDS
    Old ICBM Coordinates: 39 45' 0.0224" N 89 43' 1.7548" W. New coordinates: 39 47' 48.0" N 89 38' 35.7548" W.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I will have a look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. GUI for DVDAuthor
    When I open a gfd file (created with DVD SlideShow GUI), I have the following error : "Run time error '35603'. Non valid key"
    What does this mean ? Many thanks

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys

Just started using GUI dvdauthor
    Can any1 explain what the following means? what is g1? resume what?
    IF g1 eq 0, audio=1 resume
    ELSE audio=1 jump menu1

jump menu1 = go to the first DVD menu?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're looking at the code that controls the menu.
    If you're familiar with programming, it's like an assembly language.

Mostly you can leave that as generated by GfD.

These commands are explained: http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/vmcmdset.php

There are people here who can help if you're trying to do something out of the ordinary in your menu.
    Quote Quote  
  14. @Harry Cover
    Probably it's a 'country' related problem.
    We had something similar in the thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic245071-240.html
    (It would be good to post your problem there again, so tin2tin can have a look too)

Which version do you use (both GfD and DSG)?
    If the problem can be reproduced with a very small DSG project (only some slides), you could post the produced .gfd file (zipped please) here or in the DSG thread.

@unipati
    There is some documentation also in the GfD help:
    http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/Variables_concept.html

It is not enough to 'learn' the programming of the DVD players virtual machine, but only to get a hint what GFD does.
    Quote Quote  
  15. @borax
    Thanks for helping me. I'm using GfD version 1.04 and DSG 0.77 RC3.
    I have found nothing about a 'country' related problem in the thread 240. Are you sure it is the right link ? I tried to post my problem in the page 204 (I am a newbie), but there is only a link "postreply" and not "new post". How to do this ?
    I have some problem posting the gfd files (all the files ?). I post you only the gfd file here : test.zip.
    Many Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. The gfd file is sufficient. But where it is?

The 'country' related problem in the mentioned thread was a different usage of decimal point and decimal comma, depending on the windows settings. It should be solved now as DSG does not use font sizes with decimals any more.

BTW: "postreply" is ok.
    Quote Quote  
  17. In DSG I've added a new font, which is installed automatic, for the navigation buttons. I think DSG is' just using the number keys - which I guess should be the same in all languages?
    Quote Quote  
  18. @borax
    Perhaps I've forgotten to click on Img. Here is the file : [img]https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1773817/

@tin2tin
    When I open the gfd file in GfD, I have a popup windows with the message mentioned above and when I click on OK, GfD close. It no possible to go ahead. Thanks.
    [/img]

test.zip
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys

How to increase the number of TS1SubMenu? I've got 3 only (until TS1SubMenu3)
    Still have a lot of chapters to add

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. @unipati
    Just add additional menus with the 'insert' function. But probably that doesn't help. You cannot have more than 99 chapters for one single title.

@Harry Cover
    I can load your test.gfd without any problems. That's exactly the kind of problem I meant with 'country' related problem. It works on a German windows, probably an English one, but fails with a strange error message on a French system. I will try to setup a version with a (hopefully) more descriptive (at least for me) error message.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Just add additional menus with the 'insert' function
    Is it highlight the TitleSet1Menu and and then Click File Insert menu?
    Me film is only 16 chapters/episodes
    TitleSet1Menu = Start, Audio and Chapters
    TS1SubMenu1 = French, English and Back
    TS1SubMenu2 = Episode 1 to 4
    TS1SubMenu3 = Episode 5 to 8

Therefore have to insert 2 more submenu (TS1Submenu4 and TS1SubMenu5)

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. Yes. It only depends on your 'design'. You can load the TitleSet1Menu (in the explorer view) and insert the new menu link there, or load the TS1SubMenu3 and insert the next menu on this submenu. Either way you may add additional buttons to have more navigation options.

Case1:
    TitleSet1Menu with buttons:
    Start
    Audio
    Chapters 1 to 4
    Chapters 5 to 8
    Chapters 9 to 12
    Chapters 13 to 16

Case2:
    TitleSet1Menu with buttons:
    Start
    Audio
    Chapters

TS1SubMenu2 with buttons:
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapters 5 to 8
    Back to TitleSet1Menu

TS1SubMenu2 with buttons:
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapters 9 to 12
    Back to Chapters 1 to 4
    Quote Quote  
  23. @Harry Cover

Please try this version:
    http://www.boraxsoft.de/other/GUI_DVDauthor_104_2_test.zip

(Overwrite your actual GUI_DVDauthor.exe in your GfD directory)

Load your test.gfd file and post the (complete) error message (if any).

@All: There is nothing new in this version. It is the same as the development version here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic310993-90.html#1748048

it only has an additional error check for loading 'externally' created .gfd files.
    Quote Quote  
  24. @borax

Many thanks. I tried your new version but with the same result. When I load the test.gfd file, I have the following message and when I clic on OK, GUI for DVDauthor close immediatly.

Edit:

I have found the description of the error here
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/204054/en-us
    It seems to be a problem with Visual Basic. I have installed VBRun60SP6 and there is always the same error.

You will find in the attached file the list of the DLL concerning my configuration with the number of the version (output with SIW). I don't know if it could bu useful...

dll.txt
    Quote Quote  
  25. Ok. One more test...
    Open GfD (don't open any .gfd file), and just save your current config as a project file (select 'File' - 'Save as' from the menu). Post this (empty) project file here too.
    Quote Quote  
  26. OK, here is the file. Thanks.

emptyproject.gfd
    Quote Quote  
  27. Please try the attached (changed) test.gfd

test.zip
    Quote Quote  
  28. Sorry, your new file doesn't work. Same error and GfD closes. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. So I'm sorry too. I have no idea where this error comes from and I have no way to reproduce it on my computer. ATM the only possibility is using DSG just to create the m2v file, import this as normal video and create the menus 'by hand' in GfD.

It would require a computer where this error comes up AND with an installed visual basic IDE. Then the error could be traced.
    Quote Quote  
  30. OK, borax. Thanks for your help. I will author the DVD as you suggest. Bye.
    Quote Quote