VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread

VCD

Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks,
    I have been given a VCD which was recorded from camcorder.
    Whatever I play it on, such as WMP or WinDvd, the picture runs frame to frame, like a series of stills rather than video. Sound is fine.
    Is there anything I can do or was it just created wrongly?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would drop it into Gspot 2.70 and post a screen shot from Gspot here. There may be something obvious showing. How to post screen shots: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic271697.html

It may be at a low framerate or badly converted from a different framerate.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
    I have uploaded a Gspot screenshot.
    It means nothing to me I'm afraid.
    Hope it helps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, that doesn't tell us everything, but it helps. It does look like it's standard PAL VCD material...

Just a thought, maybe somebody took a picture sequence and created a "video slideshow" (without any transitions) and stuck it in the standard video (aka MPEGAV/AVSEQ##.DAT) section as a sequence, instead of leaving it alone and sticking all the stills as MPEG stills in the segment section (as SEGMENT/ITEM####.DAT). IOW, they didn't know what they were doing. (they're lower rez this way, unfortunately)

You can check this (and show us) by looking at the output of the structure as seen in ISOBuster, as well as ripping the XML of the VCD PBC structure using the VCDXRip tool in VCDEasy.

If that IS the case, you'll have to export the whole show out to a series of stills. Can be done a number of ways...

Scott
    Quote Quote