VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey. I've been on the web for countless hours, and still, I cannot do what I want to do. I want to get a DVD onto my iPod with subtitles (or Closed Caption) burned into it. I've been able to burn a DVD movie into mp4, yet, I cannot figure out how to get subtitles onto the mp4. If anyone, I mean, anyone knows how to get this done, please let me know. I'm pretty frustrated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try fair use wizard, under the first step under the "Encoding speed"-dropdown select ipod video. And later check the subtitle stream to include.

It wont work with Closed Caption subtitle streams I think.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want the closed caption streams.. I'm hard of hearing and I need those streams lol. Any ideas? I've actually converted the movie to mp4, maybe there's another way to burn mp4 and subtitles??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is only one reliable program I have found which will strip Closed captions from an MPEG2 video. It is CCextractor and is available at Sourceforge.net. I use the command line sequence as follows - CCextractorwin -bo -sc -srt filename.mpg. You can use Subtitleworkshop to quickly clean up the resulting SRT file. I record a lot of TV programs and routinely put them on DVD's. If the recordings have closed captions (invariably they do) I convert them to Subtitles when I author the DVD. The sequence for the programs is CCextractorwin, Subtitleworkshop, then GUI for DVD Author or DVD Flick, then AutoGK or Fairuse Wizard for portable viewing. Both AutoGK and Fairuse Wizard can only imbed Subtitles into the video.
    Quote Quote