VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purhchased a DVD player on Ebay that is supposed to be region free (Phillips DVP5140). When I got the DVD player there was a note saying that if it did not work to use the following code to make it work:

Turn on Unit
    open tray
    Press "setup"
    Navigate to "Preferences"
    enter 138931
    And then I wwas suppsed to see the curent region code and I can use the Up/Down arrow key to pick region "0" so that I can play all my region 4 DVD's.

I can get to preferences but once I get there I cannot enter the code anyplace. I read the same cheat on the dvd hack list and saw that many pepole had used the chaet and it worked fine.

Can anyone that is much more computer/technology savvy than I am help me with this probelm. From what I read in the hack list posts, it only takes a few seconds and worked perfeclty for them. I just do not see how it works and am assuming I am missing something very easy. Basically I am desperate....HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this, from dvd hacks list:

Region code hack posted by eca, June 29 2006:
    AFTER getting to the Preferences,
    HIT the DOWN arrow 1 time, for the section to be selected.

Otherwise inserting the number has no affect.

WORKS great, and very easy otherwise.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that also but when i go down 1 it takes me to languages. The "cheat" that is in the hack list looks extremely easy and I would think it should work but I must still be doing something wrong.

I guess am hoping someone that has had my same probelm has found an answer and can walk me through the one step I must be missing.

I am willing to try anything so I say again....HELP!

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FORGET MY QUESTION! I went back and tried it one more time and it worked. Either I am an idiot or it just "fixed itself". I think it is safe to say that I am an idiot.....

Thanks
    Quote Quote