VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Using Sony DVD Architect 3, I have a continuous 1 hour recording of 3 episodes divided into 10 chapters. Can you help me do the following:

When played, I'd like it to revert to Main Menu when it reaches the end of Chapter 4. (episode 1)

I'd like it also to revert to Main Menu when it reaches the end of Chapter 7. (episode 2)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know how to do this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have DVDA 3, only 4. Version 4 discusses a method using in and out points on the timeline, but I cannot make it work (DVDA claims to do a lot of things that don't really seem to work as the manual describes). If you look up Chapters in the online help, it may cover it for DVDA 3.

The best way to do what you want is to have have separate titles, not try to use chapters to create separate titles.

Failing that, you can create the disc with the chapters in place, add buttons that point to the start chapters for each segment, then use PGCEdit to change the chapter end actions to go back to the main menu. It's a lot of work though.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's the same process in DVDA3.x and 4.x -- add the movie to a menu. Then copy/paste the menu button -- notice a second version of the timeline shows up in the tree on the left. Select the 2nd timeline (copied version), and change the In/Out points. Repeat this for as many "sections" you want. NOTE: DVDA will only include the space needed for the original timeline (i.e. it does not keep eating up space each time you copy/paste the timeline).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's what the manual says. When I tried to replicate it, I found that the in and out points that I set for button one would be set for button two, and if I changed those, the points on button one changed. I could not get different in and out points for each button.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When copy/pasting, only copy the "Original" Timeline. When changing the In/Out points, change them on the "Copied" versions of the timeline (not the original timeline).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote