VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a newbie in movie making. Here's an idea but I have no idea how to make it happen.

My daughter is turning 13 and I want to consolidate all her activities in her first 12 years into a movie, which is age-related.

The sources are from DV tapes. What I need is an analog-clock from 1 to 12. I call it an age-clock. When the movie is being played, the chronological dates (or even times) from different clips will be extracted to the age-clock and translated to her age. Say, 2007 will be translated to 12, and 2000 will be translated to 5 in the short arm of the clock. And the months on top of years born will be displayed by the long arm. The clock will change color when the date falls on her birthday. And the age-clock will be able to drag anywhere like other yahoo widgets.

I believe I am not the first one to dream of this widget age-clock. And some clever people should have programmed it. Can anyone tell me when to find it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For video you can start by doing a search for video overlays, you most lkely won't find anything specifically like that. You could create it.

By moving it around like a widget I'm assuming you mean on a webpage, this would most likely require flash and the video, not something easily done if you don't have the basic knowledge and again you most likely won't find it.

What you may consider is something like Enosoft's DV Processor, this will extract the timecode which you can embed into the video:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Enosoft_DV_Processor
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By chance, or not by chance, I happened to find an
    swf analog-clock animation. Evidently, it was programmed
    to read the digital clock of the PC and output this info as an
    "upgraded" clock.exe --- therefore the OP would have to learn
    (or already know) how to re-configure the file.

For the curious:

anaclock.swf
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for info. One day Microsoft Media Player or alike should have plug-ins like this! I'd love to see and play my clips on it.
    Quote Quote