VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm thinking about getting a Panasonic DVD-R set top box which has an ATSC tuner on board. What I would like to do is be able to record something OTA onto DVD-RAM, bring it into my PC, and then author a DVD using the software I use for authoring DVD from my PC. Am I asking too much? I have a DVD-RAM drive on my computer and I love the format.
    Philbiker
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do that with the DMR-EZ17K using TMPGE DVD Author Software. I don't know what software you are using. There is no transcoding and you just edit, make a menu and burn.

One problem I have is the chapter editing features of the panasonic unit cause me trouble during import. I get error messages if importing the chapters.
    There seems to be some phony chapters that don't import properly. Importing the chapters individually after transfer to the hard drive or not editing by chapters is the only workaround I have found so far.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using Sony Movie Studio + DVD. There is a function to import from a DVD Camcorder disc - I wonder if that will work with DVD-R from a STB?
    Philbiker
    Quote Quote