VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1-can i open HD-DVD or Blu ray movie as image disc or open hd-dvd or blu-ray files from hard disk by using software like power DVD? not one file like MKV video ?

2-can i add subtitle track as we do on dvd-movie by DVD-LAB PRO software and compile it? (important)

3-i have SPDIF port connected with 5.1 digital Audio device , so is my device support and reseved Dolby digital or dolby digital plus or DTS signal from hd-dvd or blu-ray disc movie?

thxx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The answer to question 2 is no, not with DVD Lab pro - it only supports DVD authoring. There is only limited support for HD-DVD or BluRay authoring in a few very basic tools, and only one or two very expensive commercial products.

Will your spdif device work - if you have drivers and appropriate playback software, then yes, it will work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mohannad_j
    1-can i open HD-DVD or Blu ray movie as image disc or open hd-dvd or blu-ray files from hard disk by using software like power DVD? not one file like MKV video ?

thxx
    I believe that you could. I have not used PowerDVD but did use Nero Showtime (in Nero 8) to open AVCHD folder on hard drive. I used Nero 8 to create AVCHD folder on hard drive using several m2ts files from an AVCHD cam. The file structure looks similar to that of a Bluray disk (the mts files are stored in a STREAM subfolder several layers down from the top folder). Then I used Nero Showtime to open the AVCHD folder on the hard drive (select source-> pick the top folder). It plays the files in the folder just like a Bluray disk (starting with the designed menu). Only Nero 8 and updated version of Nero 7 (with AVC/h.264 codec) can play high-def. My experience has been only with home-made movies and not with feature movies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger , Ollie6431 your instraction is clear thank you VERY much for your information , the important thing is subtitles and i will wait for the solutions.

I HAVE try to play mkv vedio file but it doesnt work with power dvd (hd version) and nero 8 . but after install k-lite codic the vedio is work with 123 player ot windews media player , but the problem the audio codic is not DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 .

thxx all
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    k-lite : bad news. All you need to play the file is the Haali splitter and FFDShow.

There is a good chance that the audio is 5.1 AAC, not AC3. Again, the Haali splitter and FFDShow would have taken care of this. Uninstall k-lite (if you can), and install only what you need
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haali splitter and FFDShow has installed it with k-lite and MKV
    greats i have check it again , the Audio is dolby digital 5.1 is running after change the setting.

TAHNK u VARY MUCH.

1-is mkv video is like HD-dvd or Blu-ray disk for quality video and Audio?
    2- is mkv video can has dolby digital PLUS like blu-ray , HD disk?

thx for helping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mkv is just a container format, like avi. It can contain a video stream, one or more audio streams, subtitles in various formats, still images and other files. It bears no other relationship to HD DVD or BluRay other than it can contain AVC video streams and AAC/AC3/DTS audio streams.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger tank you vary much i will try to download hd-dvd disk and try it to play with powerdvd , then i will ask you when i faced some problem

my hardware support HD video

thxx my freind.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i will downlaod movie (transformans) hddvd the audio is dolby digital plus. my digital speakars 5.1 old model support dolby digital +DTS

are you sure the dolby digital plus will working with my speakers and i can hear it ,or required a special speakers because dolby digital plus is a a new code.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have download MKV file , when i turn the sound to dolby digital plus 5.1 DDP5.1 the video stop work lag. what is the problem plz?

but if i turned to dolby 2.0 the video is working
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try latest ac3filter instead of using ffdshow audio decoder, you can disable ac3 decoding in ffdshow if ac3filter isn't used.
    Quote Quote  
  12. SFAIK Dolby Digital Plus is 7.1. If you are asking will your 5.1 speakers give you the effect of 7.1, then no. If the question is "will sound come out", then it should, at 5.1

It sounds like outputting 2.0 works, and 7.1 works with lag. I would suggest you attempt playback at 5.1, since that is what you have in hardware.

You may be causing a situation wherein a 7.1 file is outputting at 7.1 then being converted to 5.1 as your hardware demands. This could cause lag.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nelson37 and Baldrick thank you vary much

the problem i have solved by using zoom player and download a new playback , the video now is working but I CANT HERE SOUND DDPLUS 5.1 (no sound) the sound code is 5.1 not 7.1 from file so it should be work .

my digital device is 5.1 and i have tested for many DVD movie (dolby digital and DTS) and it is work fine.

maybe the problem in my soundcard doesnt support , or my speakers
    or playback

so what is the problem do you think please?

thxx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a difference between the new HD audio formats (DDPLUS 5.1) and DD5.1/DTS found on regular DVD's. You would need hardware or possibly a codec that supports the new audio formats. I would imagine this can be done via software/codec.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you Krispy Kritter , maybe because the Soundcard is belt in with matherbord , but my hardware is new , latest model i have,

the HD-vedio (1080p) is Work fine but the Audio i cant hear it with DDplus and after 20sec the vedio is lag (stop) if i select DDplus , but if i select DD is work fine and hear the Sound

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For this to work, you would need to be using a program such as PowerDVD 6.5 or newer, which has support for HD video and likely has the proper codecs/software for playback.

Any other player(s) that you try to use, you will need to verify if they support HD video AND audio.

You also need to keep in mind that HD playback is very cpu intensive. Based on your computer specs, especially your video card, I'm not sure you pc is powerful enough for proper playback. Check you cpu usage while playing an HD file. Sound is often one the first things to suffer when your cpu gets overworked.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have power dvd 7.2 (hd bluray-version) , but it cant open mkv . maybe it open only hd-disk.

i think the problem with sound-card, because doesnt have X-Fi Technology or some thing like that.

so i will downlload HD-Movie with DTS or DD only.
    thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many people are having playback issues with mkv files. The majority of problems are related to hardware (cpu speed, video card speed) and codecs. The top contenders seem to be FFDShow (latest version) and CoreAVC.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you Krispy Kritter
    but my hardware is very good

video card GTX 8800 762MB
    CPU intel 2.4Ghz core 2 4mb
    4gb ram
    500gb hard disk
    But the sound card belt in with matherbord ASUS p5n-e SLI
    thank you i will try for this Codic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mohannad_j
    thank you Krispy Kritter
    but my hardware is very good

video card GTX 8800 762MB
    CPU intel 2.4Ghz core 2 4mb
    4gb ram
    500gb hard disk
    But the sound card belt in with matherbord ASUS p5n-e SLI
    thank you i will try for this Codic
    Sorry. I was going by the specs you have in your computer details.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just buy the movies on hd-dvd instead and you can use powerdvd.
    Quote Quote