VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have several JVC .MOD (mpg) files that I'm converting to DV format.
    When I start ffmpegX and drag in the first file it runs GREAT. When it is
    done and I drag in the next file it fails. I have to restart ffmpegX. Is there
    some trick to doing mass conversions???? I have to quit and restart ffmpegX
    each time.
    Thanks,
    -Ray

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your source file seems to be DVD compliant MPEG, with a resolution of 704x480. DVD supports both 704x480 and 720x480, but DV wants 720x480, not 704x480.
    I think what happens is, that when you enter your 2nd source file, the size gets changed to 704px wide, matching the source, which is non-valid for DV. Re-select the DV preset to change the size to 720px wide (or do it manually in the Video tab). It's faster than quiting and launching again.

It may look like a bug, but it behaves exactly like advertised: (1) Open source file (2) Select preset/settings (3) Encode. You can't skip step 2 for consecutive encodes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    Your source file seems to be DVD compliant MPEG, with a resolution of 704x480. DVD supports both 704x480 and 720x480, but DV wants 720x480, not 704x480.
    I think what happens is, that when you enter your 2nd source file, the size gets changed to 704px wide, matching the source, which is non-valid for DV. Re-select the DV preset to change the size to 720px wide (or do it manually in the Video tab). It's faster than quiting and launching again.

It may look like a bug, but it behaves exactly like advertised: (1) Open source file (2) Select preset/settings (3) Encode. You can't skip step 2 for consecutive encodes.
    Thank you soooo Much.
    -Ray
    Quote Quote