VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi-- wanted a little help with a file I can't convert with ffmpegx. It's a .rmvb file, RealPlayer 10.1 identifies it's video codec as RealVideo 10 and audio codec as 44Kbps Audio for RealAudio. I am trying to convert to .avi using the mencoder DivX (or Xvid) preset. When I hit start, it does something for about 2 seconds, then gives me the "completed" sound, which is of course impossible, and no output file is created. The log reads:

Encoding started on Wed Oct 24 23:01:57 EDT 2007
    MEncoder dev-CVS-051126-18:35-3.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
    Mac OSX static build for ffmpegX
    AltiVec found
    CPU: PowerPC
    success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x120d6705
    REAL file format detected.

Of note, within the ffmpegx main window, pressing "Play" does not sucesssfully play the video-- mplayer quits unexpectedly. I am using the reallib folder pulled from the RealPlayer 10 package, copied into the ffmpegx Support directory as instructed by other threads, and I haven't had problems converting .rmvb files in this fashion, although the last one I did which I happened to still have and looked at was identified as RealVideo 9 codec. So is there a specific problem with RealVideo 10 files? Either a confirmation that there is a problem, or a solution would be appreciated, so I can either fix it or realize it's futile and quit trying.

Thanks,
    dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I figured it out. Sort of.
    mplayer actually will play it, and mencoder actually will covert it, just not within ffmpegx for some reason. If I break out the Terminal and use the command line utilities, it works, but for some reason doing it within ffmpegx causes a crash. Oh well, time to learn some command line syntax.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Remarkable...
    I usually try to avoid Real whenever I can, but your discovery may help when I need it.
    Quote Quote