VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    no matter what settings I use to rip my dvds for the itouch, I get the same file size output. Whats up with that?They all come out about 2 GB for a standard length movie. Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    videora ipod converter? latest version? and you are changing the video bitrate right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just and FYI and all that...RIP is usually associated with the process of getting the movie/data from the DVD onto the HDD. The movie/data is then CONVERTED to your format of choice. In this case, your output file is too large(?), which would indicate an issue with the conversion process. (though it sounds like this is an all-in-one tool which doesn't make it obvious)
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    I can get it down to about 600MB if i convert at 384 kbs.Is this too low quality?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't that up to you decide? If it looks okey for YOU it's okey.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guest
    true, but it would save one convert if it was standard. Like if i asked if i should convert mp3s at a 96K rate. Most people would say no. the 396 viedo rate was the lowest possible,so i was wondering if it was bunk.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    what's the frame size/resolution?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    itouch-480x320
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then sounds 396kbit/s enough but I'm no expert.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Guest
    i found 396 to be a bit coarse.

Any ideas why a ifo made with decrypter would convert into total rubbish using videora? It was so extensive it seemed to have to have been DRM. Wouldnt decrypter take care of this though?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DRM isn't used on DVD images/ISO's. DRM is used on individual files, usually but not always wmv files.

I assume by "decrypter" you mean DVD Decrypter? It is old and outdated and doesn't work for most newer movies without the use of an external program such as AnyDVD. I would download and try ripping the DVD again using the latest DVDFabDecrypter.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote