VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a total newbie when it comes to codecs and converting formats, so if someone could explain to me as if I was 4 years old, I would appreciate it

I am playing around with kyte.tv a lot and I am using my Nokia N95 mobile phone to shoot clips. The video recording in N95 is quite impressive for being a phone and since it's mobile video blogging, I have no plans of using different devices for this purpose.

Even if mobile blogging is more or less about that instant broadcasting, it is nice to be able to edit clips and join them together. N95 records in mp4-format, a format that apparently isn't supported in Premier Pro 1.5. I did convert the files using a software I found called mp4toAvi-somthing. Now, after convertion I can play the avi-files in various of media players and in FFdShow and Gspot yada yada yada (as I said, I am not good with this) BUT i cannot import them to Premier. Well basically I can, but Premier gets stuck on the "Importing Files" bar for long time. With other files the importing is almost instant, but not here.

Anyone have any ideas what can be wrong? The files I want to import are between 7-20mb big, so nothing big really

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you use mp4cam2avi?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that's the software I used
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It just change it to an avi container with same video codec and Premiere might have problem reading the video codec. Try convert to avi with another video codec like uncompressed, huffyuy, mjpeg, lagarith, etc using Virtualdub(Video->Compression, Audio->Full Processing and File->Save as a new avi), avidemux or super.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, thanks. It worked well with VirtualDub and Lagarith codec. Many thanks!
    Quote Quote