VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for an application that can put 4 individual screens (one in each corner) on a single black background setting; with each of the 4 screens playing their separate footage. I want to be able to go into one playing video so that it would then fill the entire screen, stay there for however long, then pan back out to the entire 4-set. And so on for the other 3 videos.

The only examples I can compare this to is an NFL football or NCAA basketball studio show, where they have several games running at the same time on one screen, and are able to go into each game one-by-one.

I don't know what specific software does this (Adobe Premiere?), but hopefully it's free .

I appreciate any replies in advance...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Excalibur plugin for Sony Vegas does that. Vegas 8 now has a similar function built-in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this something you want to watch and switch in real-time, or just an effect you want on a video ?

If it is just an effect then any half-decent video editor can do it. Premiere Pro, Vegas, even Avisynth with a bit of work. I have done this type of effect in Vegas using track motion, keyframes and multiple video tracks. I have also done a variation on this for a multi-angle DVD segment.

If it si real-time from 'live' sources then you need either a hardware mixer or some sort of security camera software and multiple capture cards.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes this can definitely be done in Premiere Pro. By keyframing the scale/position. But After Effects would be the easier app for this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not everyone carries around a copy of After Effects on the off chance that they need it. I also know it can be done quicker and easier in Vegas than it can in After Effects (although personally, I prefer Fusion).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If it si real-time from 'live' sources then you need either a hardware mixer or some sort of security camera software and multiple capture cards.
    I was to a MSDN seminar yesterday, and saw a similar interactive display done with Silverlight - can be done with very little programming skills involved.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Not everyone carries around a copy of After Effects on the off chance that they need it.
    Besides AVISynth, the same can be said about every other app listed in this thread so far
    Quote Quote  
  8. After Effects, Silverlight, Vegas: i've never heard of these but I'll have to look into them. Good info, guys, thanks!
    Quote Quote