VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for sites containing tutorials and informations for adding special effects on video files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what are you using?
    most editors already come with effects you can customize
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are plenty around, but they are generally specific to a particular package. If you are new to effects and compositing, it can be difficult to translate between packages (for instance After Effects and Fusion use totally different models for workflow). If you do know your package well, then you can usually take an idea as a jumping off point for making your own.

Are you looking for something specific ?
    Do you already use a particular package ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No i'm not looking for something specific and i'm not using something in particular.

I just like shooting videos with my digital camera or mobile,and i would like to edit them and make them tastefull!

But so far i've got no experience at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You aren't starting with great source material, so I wouldn't be spending large sums of money on compositing packages.

Have a play with WAX2 (freebie) or ZS4 (also free), or a low cost editor like Video Studio.

This page has a music clip done in ZS4 : http://www.zs4.net/t-b-creates-new-music-video-with-zs4
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I could maybe try some of the advanced ones like vegas,avid,premiere.Just looking for tutorials though,anything in mind?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those are editors, not effects programs.

This is why you need to work out what you really want to do. Yes, Vegas and Premiere have some basic effects filters built-in, but they are limited and for doing very basic stuff. Real compositing programs are designed just to do effects. In that area, you are looking at After Effects, Combustion, Fusion etc. And a totally different way of working.

Here are some After Effects tutorials to get you started : http://www.xtreme-is-back.com/tutorials.html
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. And there's only about a billion After Effects tutorials here

www.creativecow.net
    Quote Quote