VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. My question is, should Vobblanker accept the output from Muxman (VTS_01) and replace existing VTS_06.
    It should and it does. Your problem lies elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you - I was afraid that was the case.
    In 'PGCDemux', if I use 'VOB id' mode, it does not let me select the whole movie (2:18:00) - if I use 'pgc' mode, I can - but that contradicts the guide.
    In either case it fails at the VOBBlanker stage.

Quote Quote  
  3. I just noticed that the guide pic says to choose by VOB ID. I don't use the guide, although I usually add or replace subs similarly, but I haven't ever demuxed by VOB ID. I always demux by PGC, unless I just want a cell for some reason. If you open the original DVD in VobBlanker, the entire movie is contained in a single PGC, isn't it? Then you should be demuxing by PGC.

How does the replacing fail when you've demuxed the entire PGC? Do you still only get part of the movie? And the reauthored movie with the new subs that Muxman made for you, it's complete? Only after doing the replace step does it become shortened? Or does it fail for some other reason?

There's another way you can do the replacing, and that's using PGCEdit. But you can only use PGCEdit if that movie is the only PGC in the VTS (as seems to be the case here). Open the original DVD in PGCEdit, highlight the movie to be replaced in the left window, go File->Replace VTST Titles, and follow the instructions from there.

This is an Indian movie, isn't it? I only see that 3-VOB ID-for-a-single-movie stuff with Indian movies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The movie is 'Master and Commander' and when opened in VobBlanker it shows as one PGC.

After using PGCDemux in 'pgc' mode and loading the files into Muxman, if I also load the 'Celltimes.txt' file, I get this error message at the end of processing (and the output from Muxman cannot be used in Vobblanker because the VIDEO_TS.IFO file is zero size).

If I don't import the text file, I can proceed to the end, and open Vobblanker to replace VTS_06 with the new VTS_01 - but the burned disk has no chapters and scene selection from the menu doesn't work.

[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is an Indian movie, isn't it? I only see that 3-VOB ID-for-a-single-movie stuff with Indian movies.
    To follow up, I had been using a rip from DVD Fab HD Decrypter for my test, so to be different I used those files, in and out of DVD Shrink.
    When I load the Shrinked files into PGC it now shows the entire title in one part.
    I then ran them through Muxman without error.
    I will process through Vobblanker and burn to disk, then follow up later.
    Thank you for nudging me along.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I gave up on this movie.
    Switched to 'Rejig' and basically get the same problem.
    No chapter information in the remuxed video when processed through Vobblanker.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry to be late in replying. So, the problem when demuxing by PGC is the Muxman one of it aborting because of the non-existant cell? That's a much different problem than the one you had when demuxing by VOB ID. And, actually, it's not much of a problem at all. Open the Celltimes.txt in Notepad and remove or delete the very last frame number (the last cell). Then reauthor using Muxman (and the edited Celltimes.txt) and replace in VobBlanker.

Master and Commander, eh? Coulda fooled me.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ..remove or delete the very last frame number (the last cell).
    I tried it and it worked - many thanks 8)
    It went straightforward once that last cell was deleted from the text file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Good, sorry it took so long to solve. I'll go into more detail about that problem, as it's a common one. Do you remember your pic of the 3 VOB IDs farther up? The last one was very short. It's the last cell and very close to the end of the movie. They often do it that way so if you choose the last chapter it almost immediately sends you back to the menu, rather than having to wait through, or fast forward through, the previous chapter (often the credits). But Muxman may not be able to create a cell so close to the end. They have to fall on I-Frames, and there may not be one at that exact place after the reencode. So it aborts. This is a bit of a nuisance, but one easily overcome.

What I do to find if this is going to happen is to open the LogFile.txt PGCDemux creates and have a look at the total framecount:
    Total Number of VobIDs in Menus=3
    Total Number of Cells in Titles=11
    Total Number of Cells in Menus=3
    Demuxing Mode=by PGC
    Demuxing Domain=Titles
    Total Number of Frames=224413
    Selected PGC=1
    Number of Cells in Selected PGC=9
    So, there are 224413 frames at the 29.97fps output framerate (for NTSC).

And then open the Celltimes.txt and have a look at the bottom:
    The last one is within 15 frames of the end. You can do one of 2 things; either decrease the framenumber by maybe 20 frames (so it's 224378), or just delete it. If deleted there will be no problem with Muxman, but VobBlanker will issue a warning and stick in a blank cell for the missing frame number, which effectively makes it pretty much like it was originally, and there will be no bad effects.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

What are the steps to replace two existing subtitle streams on a dvd - and can the wizard be used ?

thanks - great util BTW
    Quote Quote  
  11. Replacing 2 subtitles isn't any harder or different than replacing one. The newest Muxman has a slightly different way to load subs now, but it's nothing you can't easily figure out.

I don't know what wizard you're referring to.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Replacing 2 subtitles isn't any harder or different than replacing one. The newest Muxman has a slightly different way to load subs now, but it's nothing you can't easily figure out.

I don't know what wizard you're referring to.
    Hi Manono - thanks for the quick reply.

I'm a total "noob" at this so I've only been using the Subtitle Creator Wizard - method 1 from the first post so haven't gotten "down and dirty" with the detailed DVD structure stuff yet.....

So my question was really about whether it's possible to replace two (or more) existing language subtitle streams in in "one pass" with the Wizrd method or wheteher you need to run the Wizard "all the way through" twice using the output DVD files from the first pass as the input to the second pass - which would obviously work but is somewhat long-winded and time consuming......

Hope this explains it a bit better
    Quote Quote  
  13. Oh, I see now. But I don't know the answer as I don't author with SubtitleCreator, but do it directly in Muxman (Method 2). Manusse would know and maybe he'll show up here.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hope he does - thank for the assistance anyway - if not then I'll have a look at how to use MUXMAN I guess - any tips ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Any tips? Hehe, there's no guide for its use because you don't need one. If you need chapters, you create them by frame number (not time) and if for NTSC, by the 29.97fps output framerate. And you load a Celltimes.txt (created by PGCDemux when demuxing, or gotten from PGCEdit) with File->Import Chapter. Otherwise, load the M2V, the audio (AC3, probably), and your SUP file(s). The only trick there is that if the movie is 16:9 you'll load each SUP file twice. It warns you if not done properly, so there shouldn't be a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks - I'll have a look
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi again,

Different question - Is it possible to change the Language Type of a Subtitle ? - as in to have it list "Scottish" instead of "English" or are the Language Names "Hard Coded" ?

Thanks,

Jim
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm not sure if you want to change the language in the Subtitles Menu, or just the subtitle itself, like when using the remote to choose which you want. Both can be changed.

If there's a Subtitle Menu and you want to change the text to read something other than what it said originally, then have a look at my Menu Editing guide. If the Subs menu is static, then scroll down to The Easy Way portion:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html#1606732

If you just want to change it so it shows correctly when choosing the language if playing in PowerDVD or using the remote control for the standalone, then wait until you have the final DVD, open it in PGCEdit, highlight the movie in the left window and hit the green reel of film icon in the top right:

In the new Streams Attributes screen you can set the languages. Hit the Language Codes button if you don't know the abbreviations for your languages.

OK your way back to the main screen, save your work, and you should be good to go.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for the quick replies Manono - much appreciated.

That looks "relatively" straightforward - TBH I'm not sure the DVD has a subtiles menu - it's a Japanese DVD with two Subtitle tracks that are "remote" selectable - the DVD simply starts - plays throughy a couple of very short intro scenes and the starts the main movie - no top level menu obvious.....

.....So what I was meaning was the Text that displays on-screen when you use the subtitle select button on the remote - and I suppose (assuming it's seperate) the Subtitle Languse Code "en English" (e.g.) thatis displayed in the Subtitle Creator tool for example.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Yeah, all languages have a 2 letter abbreviation that's the same whatever tool you use.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks - didn't know if that was being "picked up" from the existing DVD structure files or was "hard coded" in the tools.

So does that mean that you can or can't get the "on screen" Language to show as "Scottish" or not using PGCEdit ? (sorry for my thickness) - I've already managed to replace the two original subtitles with English and Scottish (LOL) text versions but at the momement obviously both show onscreen as English during selection.

I know that at the meoment this may seem "frivolous" (and indeed such is my initial application ) but in future I might wish to add a Gaelic subtitle for example (or is Gaelic already recognised ? - sorry but don't have access to the actual tools at the moemnt till I get home to check)
    Quote Quote  
  22. According to the language codes, gd is Scots Gaelic. I guess even the obscure ones will show up. Never know till you try, I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Again - I'll use that for now
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i am just using this guide for the first times, using method 2
    my source dvd already have 1 subtitle ( english ) , so i want to add 1 subtitle more ( malay ) , so total it will be 2 subtitles, all process go well till vobblanker, but the result is only show malay subtitle , the english sub didn't know why didn't show, any advice ?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi - new problem

Widescreen DVD - as usual using Wizard Mode in Subtitle Creator to add subtitles.

I've replaced a second subtitle with one of my own and added a third subtitle as well.

Everything is fine when played in s/w dvd player on pc but on my "real" dvd player only the first (original) subtitle is visible - TV is 4:3 and PC player is widescreen. (DVD is widescreen)

Any thoughts/suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pcb
    my source dvd already have 1 subtitle ( english ) , so i want to add 1 subtitle more ( malay ) , so total it will be 2 subtitles, all process go well till vobblanker, but the result is only show malay subtitle , the english sub didn't know why didn't show, any advice ?
    This guide (steps 8 and 9) refer to the actual position on the screen of the new subs and the language listing of the new subpics when selected from the remote.
    I had to use both after I added a new subtitle to the DVD after VobBlanker

http://www.acfmovies.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=31371
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by pcb
    Maybe. Did you add the Malay one first, followed by the English one? If so, you have to "turn on" the new subtitle as the IFOs show only one. There's a link in that guide thread for my method of getting the additional subtitle to show up:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html#1778185

If you added the English first followed by the Malay subs, then you added the streams incorrectly. If this is a 16:9 DVD, each subtitle has to be added twice, once for 16:9 playback (Widescreen), and once for 4:3 playback (Letterbox). Muxman will warn you if you haven't done it correctly. The guide has a picture of the warnings before the necessary buttons have been selected. The newer version of Muxman has a very slightly different GUI and warning, but it's not hard to figure out.

Maybe the second suggestion applies to shotokan101's problem as well. I don't know.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank manono, it is 16.9
    i am using muxman 0.15R
    i have follow this step
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html#1778185
    the pgcedit show like this

so i hit subpicture VOB 1

in my first post i add english first then malay and only show malay sub and the color is normal ,and now i add malay in sub picture 1 & 2 and english in sub picture 3 & 4, and still only show malay and the color is weird
    Quote Quote  
  29. I didn't quite get all of that. What are you showing me, the DVD after Muxman, or the final DVD after VobBlanker? Open the one after the Muxman authoring step and it had better not look like that. If you loaded the 2 languages of subs correctly, then both the sub streams 0 and 1 should be activated.

Here's how you do the Muxman subs. If a 16:9 DVD, Muxman requires that the SUP file be loaded twice; once for Wide and once for LB. You open the SUP file, then hit "Wide" followed by "LB". Then change the sub stream number to "2" (if using the most recent version 16.6 of Muxman), load the second language, hit "Wide" followed by "LB". Author the DVD. Open it in PGCEdit and confirm you have both languages. Play the DVD in Power DVD. Make sure you can see both languages. When you're sure that works OK, then do the replace step in VobBlanker, and afterwards increase the number of subs from 1 in the original DVD to 2 in the final DVD by using PGCEdit and following the instructions in my post.

You can fix the colors in that same screen in PGCEdit by changing them in the CLUT (Color LookUp Table), the 4x4 block of colors, by finding the colors you have now and changing them to the colors you want. It gets tricky sometimes, though, and you might find DVDSubEdit easier:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm

But forget about the colors after Muxman. What's important is the colors after VobBlanker.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi manono, sorry to bother you again
    You open the SUP file, then hit "Wide" followed by "LB". Then change the sub stream number to "2" (if using the most recent version 16.6 of Muxman), load the second language, hit "Wide" followed by "LB".
    i have done it , and i have check with pgcedit sub streams 0 and 1 is activated, after muxman i test with powerdvd but still english sub didn't show only show malay sub, both of stream show malay sub, i add malay first then english
    Quote Quote