VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by top_cat
    This guide is very good. I used it to add a subtitle to a film, in my PC, POWERDVD played the new subtitle perfect, but when I put it on my standalone player, it freezes on the first appearance of the new subtitle. The other subtitle is ok, but the new one freezes and the only way to have it back again is to turn off the player on its outlet.
    Are there anyone that can solve this?
    Thank for any help.
    Your subtitles may have an error that your computer handles or ignores but your standalone has trouble processing it.

I'd download SubtitleWorkshop and have it fix the errors:

Open your .srt file with Subtitle Workshop.
    Hit CTRL+I (information errors will load)
    Click on Fix Errors, then OK
    File -> Save As -> choose subrip (for .srt files)

Use new .srt file with Subtitle Creator to make your .sup file
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the guide.
    I could add subtitles only with using method 2.

Remaking my DVD I faced the subtitle synchronization problem. Using tips from Subtitle Creator help don’t solve the problem. In that help advised to do subtitle synchronization by original VTS files or by connecting them to some existing subtitles. When I used the VTSs at the beginning of a movie everything is OK, but after a while synch. mistake appears which became bigger to the end of the move. When I used existing subtitles I found out that they could be wrong done or I could have a difficulty in recognizing sentences. For example, my existing subtitles were in Chinese which I don’t know.

From reading the forum I did not find an advice of solving my problem. I believe this problem is not only mine.

I understood that synchronization should be done by demuxed VTSs or by video M2V and audio AudioFile_80. I tried to do it using free subtitle editor DSRT http://dsrt.boom.ru/down-eng.htm or http://dsrt.boom.ru/ with use of only AudioFile_80 made with PgcDemux from original VTS files. The result appears to be great and stable!

I would like an author of Subtitle Creator made an option to make subtitles synchronization by demuxed VTS files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. nice guide just one question, I get all black subtitles, If I click the "Use prefered subtitles" that is supposed to fix the problem, my subtitles are a mix of pink, yellow and black. Any ideas? Oh and i?m following the first method...

Quote Quote  
  4. Open all the VOBs from the finished DVD at once in DVDSubEdit and change the colors. Here's a guide:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Using DVDSubEdit seems to go fine, but now when I enter the main menu and click play movie, the whole movie freezes...
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's nothing to do with DVDSubEdit, unless you're trying to play the DVD on the hard drive with the VOBs still loaded into DVDSubEdit.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    How about during the Muxman step? If for a 16:9 DVD, did you load each SUP file twice? Open one SUP file and click on Wide followed by LB. Then open the 2nd SUP file and click on Wide followed by LB. Did you do that? The guide is a little bit unclear on that part.
    Awesome guide. I have a problem in the Muxman phase. I agree that the guide does not describe this specific step very well, especially for a newbie like me. What I did is :

In the original DVD (it's a 16:9), there are 4 subtitle tracks, each one with two identical streams. According to DVDRemake Pro, they are :

Track 0 EN : Stream 0 0x20, Stream 1 0x21
    Track 1 FR : Stream 2 0x22, Stream 3 0x23
    Track 2 ES : Stream 4 0x24, Stream 5 0x25
    Track 3 PT : Stream 6 0x26, Stream 7 0x27

They are two streams in each track, one WS, the other is LB, do I understand correctly?

The demuxed subtitle streams from PGCDemux are eight files, Subpictures_20 to 27.sup, in 4 pairs of identical files (20-21, 22-23, 24-25, 26-27).

The question is, am I picking the correct files in MuxMan? The log I got is :

MuxMan version 0.15R
    Accepted video N:\DVD_DEMUXED\VideoFile.m2v size = 4023501920
    Accepted audio N:\DVD_DEMUXED\AudioFile_80.ac3
    Opened sub 1 file N:\DVD_DEMUXED\Subpictures_20.sup.
    Opened sub 2 file N:\DVD_DEMUXED\Subpictures_22.sup.
    Opened sub 3 file N:\DVD_DEMUXED\Subpictures_24.sup.
    Opened sub 4 file N:\SYNC_SUBTITLE\my_subtitle-sync.sup.
    expanded database to 300 entries.

Begin multiplex VTS01.
    Title Segment List
    Segment_1
    Encoded stream 20 is script stream 1.
    Encoded stream 21 is script stream 2.
    Encoded stream 22 is script stream 3.
    Encoded stream 23 is script stream 4.
    Maximum audio duration 418510 fields.
    Starting scene Segment_1_scn1 at 00:00:00:00
    Starting scene Segment_1_scn2 at 00:00:23:10
    Starting scene Segment_1_scn3 at 00:00:36:25
    Starting scene Segment_1_scn40 at 01:51:36:21
    End of video file
    Bytes remaining in buffer = 0.
    Bitrate - avg: 5185759, min: 589234 (lba 0), max: 9722373 (lba 254606).
    Shortest GOP has 5 fields, longest GOP has 30 fields.
    Fields: 418506, VOBU: 13828, Sectors: 2209922.

Begin multiplex VMG.
    End multiplex.

If I open now the MuxMan VIDEO_TS folder with DVDRemakePro, I get

Track 0 EN : Stream 0 0x20
    Track 1 FR : Stream 1 0x21
    Track 2 ES : Stream 2 0x22
    Track 3 GR : Stream 3 0x23

How come that I don't get both WS and LB streams for each track? I probably don't press the Wide / LB buttons in the MuxMan window? (but I did and the track identification says Wide and LB on the left side...)

Please, someone clarify this step in more detail. I know I'm very close, I just miss an important detail!

If that's not the problem, then I can suggest a different way of making subs for Muxman.
    Could you perhaps enlighten us, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi-
    They are two streams in each track, one WS, the other is LB, do I understand correctly?
    Yep.

I may not have read your long post correctly, but I'm wondering what you did with the original streams 21, 23, 25, and 27, which are the LB streams for each sub track. Did you not use them? The reason I ask is because how you load the subs is dependent on which of the streams you use. Also, what happens when you play the Muxman authored DVD (ignoring the wrong colors for now)? When testing out all the subtitle languages, do you get them all, some of them, none of them?

If you're using all 8 streams for the 4 tracks then tick 1, load Stream 0x20, hit Wide. Tick 2, load Stream 0x21, hit LB. Tick 3, load Stream 0x22, hit Wide. Tick 4, load Stream 0x23, hit LB. And so on.

If you don't want to use the LB streams, then tick 1, load Stream 0x20, hit Wide followed by hitting LB. Tick 2, load Stream 0x22, hit Wide followed by hitting LB, and so on.

Since I don't use DVDRemake, I have no idea if the results will show like the original retail DVD or not. I'm guessing that following the first method will give you results like the retail DVD, and following the 2nd method will give you results like you got. But using either of those 2 methods should get you good subs on both 16:9 and 4:3 TV sets. And from the sound of it, you have a working DVD already, and I'm wondering about the reason for this post. Is it only because it doesn't look the same in DVDRemake as the original DVD?
    Could you perhaps enlighten us, thanks!
    I'm a little foggy on the details now, but I think the guy to whom I was responding was having trouble with a SUP file he created himself, after creating subs from scratch, and I was going to suggest making SST subs (which Muxman also supports), if he wasn't having any luck with his SUP files. None of that would apply to you, as you're using the SUP files straight from the retail DVD. In addition, he was using one SUP file for both the Wide and LB tracks, where you have one SUP for each. I think you used the Wide SUP files for both the Wide and LB streams.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    I may not have read your long post correctly, but I'm wondering what you did with the original streams 21, 23, 25, and 27, which are the LB streams for each sub track. Did you not use them? The reason I ask is because how you load the subs is dependent on which of the streams you use.
    I am afraid that I did not use them.

Also, what happens when you play the Muxman authored DVD (ignoring the wrong colors for now)? When testing out all the subtitle languages, do you get them all, some of them, none of them?
    I get all the subtitle languages in the DVD produced by MuxMan, but when I replace the PGC in the original DVD in the VobBlanker step, then they are screwed up.

If you're using all 8 streams for the 4 tracks then tick 1, load Stream 0x20, hit Wide. Tick 2, load Stream 0x21, hit LB. Tick 3, load Stream 0x22, hit Wide. Tick 4, load Stream 0x23, hit LB. And so on.
    Yes, now I understand what I should do. I have somehow misunderstood how I had to load the streams.

If you don't want to use the LB streams, then tick 1, load Stream 0x20, hit Wide followed by hitting LB. Tick 2, load Stream 0x22, hit Wide followed by hitting LB, and so on.
    This is what I did.

And from the sound of it, you have a working DVD already, and I'm wondering about the reason for this post. Is it only because it doesn't look the same in DVDRemake as the original DVD?
    Sorry, I did not mention that after the VobBlanker phase, the subtitles did not work as I had planned.

I think you used the Wide SUP files for both the Wide and LB streams.
    Indeed, I did so.

Thanks to your valuable help, it now works ok. One more detail : in the final DVD that I get from VobBlanker, my subtitle stream does not appear as Greek (this is the language that I set for the track 4 when muxing with MuxMan), but as Portuguese like in the original DVD. I'm curious, is this normal? I changed the description to Greek with DVDRemake Pro easily. Could you recommend a freeware tool that I could use, instead, to do this change? (sorry for my ignorance...)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi-
    I get all the subtitle languages in the DVD produced by MuxMan, but when I replace the PGC in the original DVD in the VobBlanker step, then they are screwed up.
    Sorry, I did not mention that after the VobBlanker phase, the subtitles did not work as I had planned.
    Hehe, if I had bothered to read what steps the guide has you perform I would have realized the problem came after the VobBlanker step. Or if, as you say, you had mentioned the VobBlanker step. Yes, when doing it the way you did initially, which winds up changing things that VobBlanker doesn't know about because it's using the original IFOs, you have to open the completed and funky-sub-playing DVD in PGCEdit and make it right again. It's quite easy to do and I'd give you instructions and pics if you were still having problems.
    One more detail : in the final DVD that I get from VobBlanker, my subtitle stream does not appear as Greek (this is the language that I set for the track 4 when muxing with MuxMan), but as Portuguese like in the original DVD. I'm curious, is this normal? I changed the description to Greek with DVDRemake Pro easily. Could you recommend a freeware tool that I could use, instead, to do this change? (sorry for my ignorance...)
    VobBlanker doesn't use the sub languages in the IFOs Muxman created for you (not at default settings, anyway), but gets them from the original IFOs which showed that sub language as Portuguese. So, even bothering to set the languages in Muxman was a waste of time. Here PGCEdit comes to the rescue again. Open the completed VOBBlanker processed DVD in PGCEdit. First, highlight your video in the left panel. Then, along the top is a row of icons, including one near the right side looking like a green reel of film. Hit it and you'll be taken to a screen where you can change the "pt" to "el". OK your way back out and save. Now you should should be good to go. If you want to actually edit the subtitle menu and replace the "Portuguese" with "Greek", then you might find my menu editing guide useful:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html#1606732
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Amerzone
    ...in the final DVD that I get from VobBlanker, my subtitle stream does not appear as Greek (this is the language that I set for the track 4 when muxing with MuxMan), but as Portuguese like in the original DVD. I'm curious, is this normal? I changed the description to Greek with DVDRemake Pro easily.
    You can use DVDReMake only to replace a PGC or a VTS (in case all menus are outside it) keeping stream data from Muxman.

To replace main movie PGC (the case when there's one PGC in a VTS with menu).

1.Import original DVD and Muxman' output as separate projects.
    2.Copy post- & pre- (sometimes also cell-) command lists of the original PGC to Muxman version instead of its own lists.
    3.(optional if you plan to manually check each chapter number) When you mux back using celltimes file, Muxman will make every cell a program and this often results in more programs than original DVD had (a program often includes more than one cell). Compare Program lists of the 2 projects and remove excessive programs using 'delete program' from right click.
    4.Export original PGC CLUT to file, then delete the original PGC with delete key.
    5.Copy the PGC from Muxman project and put it to original DVD using 'Add Copied PGCs'. Import CLUT from file, saved at previous step.
    6.Register the PGC as VTS title and its programs as chapters.
    7.Restore title registration # in VMG and in items shown in red (if any).
    8.(optional) Force showing new subtitle using System Set instructions or edit subtitle menu.

It's easier than it may seem from reading .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use: DVD Shrink, Subtitle Workshop, Subtitle Creator, VOB Blanker or Rejig or IFOedit.

My subtitles are fine when I use VLC player to test the video in the new Video_TS folder.

But when I turn the whole thing into an ISO file to burn on a DVD, the subtitles turn green.

I did manage the whole thing right at some point, but can't do it now, and can't figure what I am doing differently.

Help anyone?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you edit CLUT in PGCEdit after using VOBBlanker?
    VLC often shows the things better than they really are (I can remember even watching a DVD not properly de-CSSed), so I'd also test DVD folders in alternate player like MPC.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yeah, let's check out the CLUT (Color LookUp Table). Open the VOBs in DVDSubEdit, or the finished DVD in PGCEdit and double-click on the movie in the left window. I'll bet the CLUT is full of that ugly green color. You can change the colors in either program quite easily, but there's a guide available to doing it using DVDSubEdit:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I really have to thank everyone for the guides posted here and the posts that come afterwards. I do not know where I would be if it was not for them. That said I have some problems which could very well just be related to my inability to read and definately due to my being very new to this. I imagine this will be a rambling mess but I hope it will be clear enough what I did.

I have a Japanese dvd (no subtitles to begin with and it is 16:9 which adds extra fun to my newbiness as these two things seem to cause extra problems) but my Japanese language skills are not very good so I went looking for subtitles. I found a fansub of the movie, an mkv, and used MKVextractGUI to demux the streams and converted the .ass file to .sub using Subtitle Workshop 4.
    This is where my first possible issue appears. The mkv video had some extra video at the beginning that I had to remove from the subtitles. I adjusted the time of the first and last spoken line to the correct values making sure that the total time between these was the same as the original mkv file. The first and last times seem to be reasonable and match the DVD timing very well.
    However I do not know if the frame rate is correct. The FPS Subtitle Workshop automatically picked was 29.997. When I checked the original DVD with GSpot the FPS was 29.970 not 29.997 and the Pics/s was 23.976 (what are Pics/s as opposed to FPS?). Even if I set the FPS in Subtitle workshop to 29.970 by hand when I opened the file in SubtitleCreator to convert it to a sup file it asked me to pick the correct FPS from a list and the closest value was 29.997 anyway. What is the correct thing to do?

After following the rest of the instructions for Method 2 without the last step using vobblanker (though I would like the original menus back when I do this for real) I tested the results. I could see the subtitles when I viewed the VOB files using VLC however I could not see them using MPC. Using VLC they were too low and partially cut off but I figure I can fix this using Subtitle Creator and going through the steps again. Here is another problem possibly related to the FPS issue. At the beginning the subtitles agree well with the dialogue but by the end they were slightly out of synch. Not by a large amount but enough to feel strange and obviously not be correct. What might be causing this?

Also, is there any way to actually create a new menu to choose the subtitle language and still keep the other menus?

Anyway, I am sure I will have many other problems but these issues right at the beginning are causing me concern and I do not know how they affect the rest of the steps.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Arg, I see I am totally mistaken about the FPS thing. Subtitle creator lets me pick 29.97 FPS. I guess at 04:00 my brain wasn't working.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I actually managed to get the DVD working, it actually was a FPS problem. However the subtitles still don't show up in Media Player Classic which is my prefered media player. Does anyone actually have any idea why it does not work?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the guide ..

I did all thing right and my subtitle apears .. i opend the ISO in the PC by VLC player ... it works perfect
    but whin I burned the ISO to a DVD and open it by the DVD Player .. some thing like FBI Anti-Piracy apeared
    the movie did not open ... only the trailers

How can I remove the FBI Anti-Piracy or crack it

(( sorry .. my language is not well )) 8)

AND THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manono

I'll try this
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm tring now .. but i dont think it will works

I have a question .. the blanking should works in the first time whin i used the SubtitleCreator .. is it right ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm having a little trouble understanding you, but after you blank something (like the FBI warning screen), you then have to process the DVD. It's not actually gone until the DVD has been processed. You can also fix it so that it doesn't play (but it won't be removed, only skipped over) in PGCEdit by opening the DVD, finding the FBI screen, and then going PGC->Kill PGC Playback. It doesn't have to be processed then, only saved.

I don't know what any of this has to do with SubtitleCreator as I don't use it for whatever you're using it for.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this has been answered before but please help me here:
    Is there a way to put subtitles to a dvd with many different episodes, a tv series like Babylon 5, and thus several different subtitles to a different episode each and with the right timing.
    I am trying to put greek subtitles to season 2 and 3 of B5 (original dvds with no greek subs).
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fascinating forum! I work part-time for a non-profit organization and they have asked me to figure out how to add subtitles to some of the DVD's they have produced. I have read through a lot of the posts on this thread, and am looking for instructions on how to add subtitles when there are none to begin with. I'm not quite clear if I have to create the subtitles first, or does one of these programs create them automatically? And if they can be created automatically, can I edit them for errors later, as some of the language is technical? Thanks ever so much for any help you can give me to get started.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi-

Yes, first you create the subtitles and then you add them into the DVD. The created subs are originally in some sort of a text format before being converted to images (pictures, sort of) for the DVD. Using subtitle creating programs you can type in the text and synch it with the audio of the video, edit it, spell-check it, etc. Here's a list of the various subtitle programs:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/subtitle

Some are designed for subtitle creation. Personally, I use SubStation Alpha, but a lot of peole swear by Aegisub, others by SubtitleCreator or Subtitle Workshop. I don't know what to recommend for you, but maybe the ones that come with guides for their use, since you're a rank amateur.

Once you've created the subs then comes the 2nd part (the relatively easy part) of adding them to the DVD. Making subs isn't all that much fun. I hope for your sake there's not a whole lot of dialog for which the subtitles are needed. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know the processing speed of the subtitle creator? It seems it is pretty slow, when I try to start the authoring processes, also there are errors when I try to edit the position of the subtitles in the preview window using the system preferred decoder, is this the bug of the subtitle creator?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can I synchronize the DVD subtlite with my .sup before adding it to the DVD? I have added the subtitle, following the first procedure, but the same got unsynchronized and blurred.

Thanks in advance,
    Quote Quote  
  27. This will assume that the subtitle is off by the same amount all the way through and you need to apply a simple delay. You can apply the delay to the SUP file in SubtitleCreator. Open SubtitleCreator and go Tools->Manipulate SUP or VobSub->Open Sub (in the new screen, open the SUP file)->Delay (Set the delay)->Save Sub (Save the modified SUP file). You can do the same thing, but this time to the VOBs themselves, using DVDSubEdit.

If the delay gets worse and worse as the movie goes along, then you most likely have a PAL/NTSC mismatch and you have to do other things to fix them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

About the following question:
    Does anyone know the processing speed of the subtitle creator? It seems it is pretty slow, when I try to start the authoring processes
    Normally SUP creation is pretty fast (less than 1 minute generally).
    But if you are using the DVD authoring wizard to add a new subtitle stream to an existing DVD, it takes some time because first, the DVD is being demuxed (using pgcdemux) then remuxed (using muxman) and then blanked using vobblanker and those tasks take some time. With my PC (5 years old P2.8GHz), it takes around one hour to complete it on an average DVD.

Cheers
    Manusse
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have used the guide to add subtitles (using method 2) and as long as the original movie uses VTS_01 for the main title it works good.
    But when the main title is, e.g. VTS_06 and I replace it with VTS_01 created by Muxman I end up with a truncated version of the movie and a non-functioning menu.
    My question is, should Vobblanker accept the output from Muxman (VTS_01) and replace existing VTS_06.
    Quote Quote