VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just registered to write a very very VERY big thank you!!
    I just managed to add subtitles to a dvd with four episodes without wrecking the menu or anything... and it was SO easy!
    Thanks so much for the clear tutorials
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dude thanks a whole bunch for this tutorial, I have been looking everywhere for something like this, however, there is only one little snag, everything completes fine, but when I run the dvd and turn on the subs, my subtitles are all messed up and in different colors than what's presented in the subtitle editing program, is there any way I can fix this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Fix the sub colors either using PGCEdit or DVDSubEdit. DVDSubEdit has a guide for just this:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Fix the sub colors either using PGCEdit or DVDSubEdit. DVDSubEdit has a guide for just this:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Yea I used PGCEdit thanks a bunch.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I registered too in this great forum I found, I wanna thank you first for the amazing guide, it did worked for me, but I want to ask a little help here, the DVD plays well with subtitles I added, somehow it appears with red color and horrible shadows like this: http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z374/hackers1303/Scarecrow_1973_DVDRiP_KonzillaRG/...bsproblem1.jpg

I read comment above that using PGCEdit will fix it or using DVDSubEdit, and the other problem is that when I scale the movie to full window "Touch window from outside" the subs then, don't appear, look, same frame: http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z374/hackers1303/Scarecrow_1973_DVDRiP_KonzillaRG/...bsproblem2.jpg
    What can I do to avoid subtitles's position being affected by scaling video? The DVD release is PAL 720x576 16:9 from germany but Muxman says "Actual: PAL 720x576 MPEG-2 4:3" it came with german subs but I replaced it with english subs. Can anyone please help me? I also used DelayCut to fix the AC3 because demuxing it made my sound delay by some miliseconds. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I managed to change subtitles colors successful with SubtitleCreator and I also fixed position by saving the SUP file selecting Display -> Video Format -> PAL, and the subs are now visible whenever I scale movie to full window or scaling it to 16:9, but now I need help with sync, can you please tell me or recommend me? like details like convert frame rate,etc? I think that it is needed to have the same frame rate (like 25 fps or 23 fps) I need some help with this. Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can both convert framerates and adjust delays in the Synchronize part of SubtitleCreator.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Aegisub is the best tool IMO to sync the subs, as you can load the video and audio and synchronise the subs visually.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks so much manono and r0lz, I really appreciate your quick reply from both of you, I had success again to sync subs using SubtitleCreator, you don't know how happy I am, after telling myself minutes before "I give up".. also thinking on coming here to write "not to bother anymore I gave up already" lol! the english subtitles I have from this movie where from a Rip version, and I could (right now) added them to the movie dvd that comes in german without subs, old but classic, Scarecrow 1973, I just 1. paused the movie quickly when the first line of subtitles ends, 2. click on the (sub #1) 3. clic "Synchronize DVD", 4. click on insert, 5. then synchronize button. And doing the same thing with the last sub, which means at the end of the movie, and the sync now is so decent. Wow I couldn't stop thinking of how to make it work, what can I do, what to try next, etc, but after all, I think the best remarkable thing is to never give up. Thanks for this great tutorial, YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY. Blessings.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello. This guide is so great. Anyway, I have a problem. What should I do if I want to include warning screens, intros and trailers in a new DVD? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Why on earth would anyone want to include warning screens in a DVD? Anyway, this guide is about subtitles. For anything else start a separate thread.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I just want to add the subtitle without touching anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  13. If you follow the guide (Method Two is the one I recommend), that's what will happen. You will have added subs to the movie and also gotten back the menus and anything else you want from the original DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I will remind you on this post. Should I demux all of the content (warning screens, trailers and other special features) with PGCDemux, including the main movie? What's the next step then? How can I join the ending files? Is it enough to put them in the same directory? Probably not.
    I followed this guide for the main movie only, but VobBlanker gives me an error that the number of cells is not equal to the original DVD. I guess that's because there are no previously mentioned video clips.
    Quote Quote  
  15. No, just demux the movie or whatever you're adding the subs to. That link you showed is about adding subs to a TV series DVD with episodes.

And if it were I, I'd get rid of the warnings, trailers and anything else I didn't want before making the final DVD. One way to do that is by 'blanking' them using VobBlanker.

but VobBlanker gives me an error that the number of cells is not equal to the original DVD.
    When remuxing the movie with Muxman, did you forget to add in the chapters (the celltimes.txt) in File->Import Chapter?
    Quote Quote  
  16. But I really want to keep the warnings and trailers.

One way to do that is by 'blanking' them using VobBlanker.
    I am confused. I used PGCDemux to demux the main movie, and then Muxman to mux it with the new subtitle. That way I lost every video clip from special features. I don't understand why would I use VobBlanker if I only have the main movie. My question was: How can I include those extra video clips with the main movie? Can I just copy files from the original DVD and somehow edit IFO to use them?

When remuxing the movie with Muxman, did you forget to add in the chapters (the celltimes.txt) in File->Import Chapter?
    No, I did not.
    Last edited by Charmer; 8th Aug 2011 at 15:40.
    Quote Quote  
  17. You didn't follow the guide. After making a DVD of just the movie, open the original DVD - the one with the menus and all the extras - in VobBlanker. Highlight the movie so it appears in the lower window, highlight it in the lower window and hit the 'Replace' button to the right. Then scroll to the Muxman one.

No, I did not.
    OK, so when you play the Muxman DVD, you can advance by chapter, just as when playing the original DVD? Then you shouldn't have any problem with the final cell count not matching. If it still doesn't work, post a VobBlanker picture of what you see after getting the movie to appear in the lower window

After processing the DVD to replace the original with the new one with the subtitles, you'll have to both set the colors (PGCEdit or DVDSubEdit) and well as 'turn on' the subs (PGCEdit). The guide links to a post of mine explaining how to do both. Here's the link:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD?...=1#post1685800
    Quote Quote  
  18. I think I've done that. Anyway, I'll try it again. Thanks, Manono!

P. S. When I select the first subtitle in MuxMan, it says: "Warning: Stream 1 has no modes selected." When I click on LB, I get this: "Warning: Track 1 is missing Normal (wide) subs" and Wide button gives me: "Track 1 is missing Letterbox subs". By clicking both buttons, no error is shown. What should I select here and what are these options for?
    Quote Quote  
  19. If this is a 16:9 movie, you need to load 2 subs, even if both are the same, one for Wide and one for LB. I'll assume you have one set of subs and these are the only subs for the movie, that it didn't come with any before. With the stream counter set at '1', load a sub. Then hit the 'Wide' button. Move the counter to '2', load the same sub again followed by hitting the 'LB' button. Now all warnings should be gone.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I see. Luckily, the movie is 4:3. There is one English subtitle from before and the one I want to add. I loaded them both without clicking any button. In case the movie is 4:3, I do not need to do that, right? Also, at the end of multiplexing, dialog appears with: "Reference to non-existant scene "Segment_1_scn16" from PGC "VTS01_TTL01_PGC1". What's the use of these segments?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Your posts are kind of confusing. You don't have the choice of the Wide and LB buttons and don't get any warnings at all when the film is 4:3. That's right. If it's a 4:3 movie with 2 languages of subtitles, load one, advance the counter and load the other.

This is all the same movie? Before the cell count didn't match up (after a successful Muxman authoring), and now the authoring didn't complete. Assuming there are only 16 chapters (cells) with the first one being at the very beginning and not listed in the celltimes.txt, just delete the very last cell from the celltimes.txt. Later on VobBlanker will complain but will create a new one at the very end of the movie. No problem there.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Your posts are kind of confusing. You don't have the choice of the Wide and LB buttons and don't get any warnings at all when the film is 4:3. That's right.
    Oh, I thought the movie is 4:3 for some reason. Thanks for clearing that up. So, would it be good if I enlarge the font for wide version subtitle? I use size 22 for 4:3. Maybe size 24 for 16:9 movie?

and now the authoring didn't complete.
    I think it did complete. The same dialog popped up before, when VobBlanker gave me that error.
    Actually, when I think about it, maybe multiplexing went wrong since I cannot open the DVD (File → Open DVD...) with MPC-HC (also, every item in Navigate menu is grey), nor with PGCEdit. I can open it only by double-clicking the IFO file. PotPlayer can load the English subtitle, but not the one I added. That's because I couldn't use PGCEdit, I guess. Maybe I had to load two subtitles (for LB and Wide, like you said) for each language. I'm all confused now.
    Quote Quote  
  23. If you got that "Reference to non-existant scene "Segment_1_scn16" from PGC "VTS01_TTL01_PGC1" error, you have an unplayable DVD. The authoring didn't finish. Easiest is to just remove that last cell. Or, keep it but lower that number by about 30. That is, take that last frame number and subtract 30 from it. That should be enough. Then just author again.

When you load the M2V video, Muxman says whether it's 4:3 or 16:9. Just look and you'll see it. You can get information about the mux by reading the Muxman log file. It's found in the root of the 'C' drive.

If you have subs for 2 languages and a 16:9 video, you follow those instructions I gave earlier, but do the whole procedure twice.

The difference between subs for 4:3 and for 16:9 display isn't really the size of the font, but how wide it gets. If for an NTSC DVD, the subs as created get 'squashed' from the sides a little bit when resized for display on a 4:3 TV set. They become a little bit narrower. If being displayed on a 16:9 TV set, they get stretched wide and, depending on the font you used, may look a little bit peculiar, real 'fat', if you're using one set of subs for both. You could always burn the DVD and then check it on both 4:3 and 16:9 TV sets. Maybe 75% of the retail DVDs I see use one set of subs for both. Me, I always make 2 sets of subs, one for 4:3 and the other for 16:9. But I don't make them following this guide, with SubtitleCreator. I use MaestroSBT.
    Quote Quote  
  24. If you have subs for 2 languages and a 16:9 video, you follow those instructions I gave earlier, but do the whole procedure twice.
    Yes, I tried to do that, but after I load three subtitles and set the appropriate options, MuxMan won't allow me to go on the fourth stream. I have no idea why.

Easiest is to just remove that last cell. Or, keep it but lower that number by about 30. That is, take that last frame number and subtract 30 from it. That should be enough. Then just author again.
    You mean celltimes.txt file? I first substracted 30 from the last value and authored it, but I got the same error. Then I removed it completely, but still the same thing. I am starting to believe this is not meant to be.

It's found in the root of the 'C' drive.
    I am unable to find it. Maybe it's located somewhere else on Windows 7 (32-bit).

Me, I always make 2 sets of subs, one for 4:3 and the other for 16:9. But I don't make them following this guide, with SubtitleCreator. I use MaestroSBT.
    I would like to do the same thing, but what criteria should I follow? Oh, and by the way, I am using MaestroSBT, too.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
    It's found in the root of the 'C' drive.
    I am unable to find it. Maybe it's located somewhere else on Windows 7 (32-bit).
    Yes, when a program that has not the administrator rights tries to write in the root of C:, the file is automatically redirected by Windows to the "virtual store", normally here: C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\
    You will find the muxman.log file there.

BTW, it's not a good practice to write files in C:\. I hope mpucoder will change the location of the log!
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  26. Yes. I assumed it's about administrator rights. Thanks for the virtual store thing. I didn't know that.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Post the contents of the original Celltimes.txt file here. Cell 16 may not be the last one, then.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    I've been using Method 1 with the SubtitleCreator DVD Authoring Wizard. Has anyone noticed any problems with some of the subtitles having a "vertical ghosting" effect causing them to be kind of blurry? I have noticed this problem happen in 3 different DVD players, however, it did not happen in a Blu-Ray player nor have I seen the problem in any PC media players. When the problem does happen, approximately 20% of the subtitles will have the vertical ghosting.

Also, the Blu-Ray player had a different problem - every few minutes it wouldn't show a subtitle for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
  29. 4788, 14717, 20380, 29947, 36609, 41221, 51567, 63321, 69485, 77111, 81145, 85908, 90083, 95578, 116238, 121795
    Here it is. There are exactly 16 cells. I don't know what's the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  30. No, there are 17. The first cell begins at zero and isn't listed. So something screwy is going on. Let's see, this is a movie, right? And it's NTSC, right? Open the original DVD in VobBlanker, make the movie go to the lower window by clicking on it. Then click on it in the lower window and hit the 'Cells' button to the right. In the new screen there should be 17 cells listed. Are there?

From the problem you're having it seems you didn't get the whole movie. Can you post a picture of the VobBlanker screen with the movie in the lower window? And in that lower window, the 'Cells' column should also confirm there are 17 cells.

One possible problem is if you demuxed by VOB ID as the guide picture shows, rather than by PGC. If so, go back and demux again, this time set up in the default PGC Mode. If there's more than one VOB ID, that could easily explain the problem.
    Quote Quote