VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, just wondering if there are any other Stargate fans here. SG-1, Atlantis, or the original movie, anybody?

I think season 4 of Stargate Atlantis is off to a pretty good start. I thought the first two episodes were especially good. And of course, last week Ronan had to pull a classic move, and try to "go back to his people". At least he finally realized who his real friends are! It was good to see Teal'c again, too.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to this Fridays episode, "Doppelganger." The previews looked quite good! For those in the US, it'll be on Friday at 10/9C on SCI FI.

Oh, something else that is buzzing around right now (at least for people in the US) is to watch Stargate Atlantis LIVE, when it airs. Don't use your tivo or dvr to time-shift and watch it later. (Atlantis is struggling a bit in the ratings area, and using a dvr so you can "watch it later" hurts the shows ratings, thus hurting its chances for getting renewed for a 5th season.) So make sure to "Watch it LIVE!" - And let others know that all the fans are watching LIVE every Friday. If Atlantis is going to have another season, stargate fans across the nation need to band together for this-no DVR's.

I'm watching Atlantis live, when it airs, every week. Hopefully if enough people do, we'll get another season. All we can do is try!
    mjvgiese
    An Official Team Stargate Member
    Quote Quote  
  2. I love stargate SG-1 i've got every series (exept the 1 im waiting on, season 10) on dvd boxsets. havent seen much of atlantis though.[/code]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like Atlantis, but I need to move my antenna to pick up the signal so I haven't been watching it lately.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like stargate though I'm a late comer to atlantis. It's a slow start getting used to it. Kinda like how ds9 took awhile to grow on me.

I know have seasons 1-5 of sg1 on dvd from columbia house and really like checking them out in sequence. Scifi never ran the reruns in sequence. They'd run them n season order but never episode order except two parters so things were always kinda disjointed.

It's fun now watching where a lot of the repeating guest characters came from. This will make season 2 and beyond a little clearer.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    now wait one min. im all for supporting a show, but how in the hell would the network know if you watched it live or tivo? the ratings are nelison ratings and those people have boxes on thier tvs letting networks know who is watching what.. you vollentier for that. there is no way for them to know if the average joe tivos or watches it live.

I liked the movie btw. thought it was great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Heywould3
    ... the ratings are nelison ratings and those people have boxes on thier tvs letting networks know who is watching what.. you vollentier for that...
    I was a nielson house for a week (or a month, I don't remember how long it was now), and we didn't even get a box to record what we watched. We got a book for each TV in the house and filled it in by hand. I could have written anything I wanted whether I watched it or not.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    Originally Posted by Heywould3
    ... the ratings are nelison ratings and those people have boxes on thier tvs letting networks know who is watching what.. you vollentier for that...
    I was a nielson house for a week (or a month, I don't remember how long it was now), and we didn't even get a box to record what we watched. We got a book for each TV in the house and filled it in by hand. I could have written anything I wanted whether I watched it or not.
    Well thats not a very good way to keep track. not very accurate is it?. anyway the point was just that the nielson ratings is the way show populairity is kept track of in the US. there isnt some chip in the tv sending out info or anything
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mjvgiese
    Oh, something else that is buzzing around right now (at least for people in the US) is to watch Stargate Atlantis LIVE, when it airs. Don't use your tivo or dvr to time-shift and watch it later. (Atlantis is struggling a bit in the ratings area, and using a dvr so you can "watch it later" hurts the shows ratings, thus hurting its chances for getting renewed for a 5th season.) So make sure to "Watch it LIVE!" - And let others know that all the fans are watching LIVE every Friday. If Atlantis is going to have another season, stargate fans across the nation need to band together for this-no DVR's.
    Don't believe that.

I'm not wasting 20 minutes per hour of my life watching crappy commercials. I'll PVR it and watch it using my favorite button, the FF button. Last time I did Neilsen, it was also on paper, a mailer. I filled it out for a month, then sent it back.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote