DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: J:\
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 1
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Operating System: Windows 8 (64 bit)
    Current user is Admin: YES
    Available Output Disc Space: 61,7 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.6.0)
    LAV Filters is installed: NO
    ffdshow is installed: NO

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
    Xvid: Mpeg4s Decoder DMO {2A11BAE2-FE6E-4249-864B-9E9ED6E8DBC2}
    DivX 4/5/6: Mpeg4s Decoder DMO {2A11BAE2-FE6E-4249-864B-9E9ED6E8DBC2}
    Other MPG4: Mpeg4s Decoder DMO {2A11BAE2-FE6E-4249-864B-9E9ED6E8DBC2}
    DV: DV Video Decoder {B1B77C00-C3E4-11cf-AF79-00AA00B67A42}
    MPEG1: MPEG Video Codec {feb50740-7bef-11ce-9bd9-0000e202599c}
    MPEG2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
    MP2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
    MP3: MP3 Decoder DMO {BBEEA841-0A63-4F52-A7AB-A9B3A84ED38A}
    AAC: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
    AC3: No Preferred Filter set

<>

<05/03/2016 18:36:54>
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: E:\Exercícios\Insanity MAX 30\Pulse.mkv
    Info: V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC - 0 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 23,976 fps (VFR) - 20:39 minutes - 29710 frames
    Audio 1: E:\Exercícios\Insanity MAX 30\Pulse.mkv
    Info: AAC LC-SBR - 0 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 / 24000 Hz - 20:39 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.74]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("E:\Exercícios\Insanity MAX 30\Pulse.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Germano\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=true, FrameRateNum=2997, FrameRateDen=125, FrameRate=23.976)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("E:\Exercícios\Insanity MAX 30\Pulse.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Germano\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    #PullDown: using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 1255,5 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Germano\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Pulse.HCe nc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Germano\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Pulse_1.av s
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Germano\Videos\DVD_Pulse.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Germano\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Pulse.HCen c.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 8500
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 80
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *DBPATH C:\Users\Germano\AppData\Local\Temp
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<05/03/2016 18:37:14>
    Process aborted during Title 1 VIDEO encoding operations.

Error Message: Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected duration (00:20:39).

For Video issues troubleshooting see Help/FAQ/Video section.
    <>

Warning! AVStoDVD Project ended with errors.
    <>

Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.3
    <>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the log file, the reason for your errors is quite clear:

You are using the Microsoft DirectShow filters, and these filters are total crap.

First of all you need to download and install LAVFilters. Install all 3 components, keep the default settings.
    In AVStoDVD go to "Codecs->Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup". Set all filters to LAV. For this to work you need to be logged in as an admin and also start A2D as admin.
    If you still cannot change the preferred filters, download the Win DS Filter Tweaker Tool and change all filters to LAV from there.

Also have a look here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2407078&viewfull=1#post2407078

After this modification your source should decode just fine using DirectShowSource. If you prefer FFMpegSource as your source filter then you have to download the current version of ffms2 (the version which comes with A2D 2.83 cannot handle X265 sources). Download this version:
    https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases/download/2.22/ffms2-2.22-msvc.7z

Then open the archive and go to the X86 folder. From this folder extract the files ffms2.dll and ffms2.lib and copy them into the AVStoDVD\Lib folder (replace the old ffms2.dll).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Thanks for the log file, the reason for your errors is quite clear:

You are using the Microsoft DirectShow filters, and these filters are total crap.

First of all you need to download and install LAVFilters. Install all 3 components, keep the default settings.
    In AVStoDVD go to "Codecs->Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup". Set all filters to LAV. For this to work you need to be logged in as an admin and also start A2D as admin.
    If you still cannot change the preferred filters, download the Win DS Filter Tweaker Tool and change all filters to LAV from there.

Also have a look here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2407078&viewfull=1#post2407078

After this modification your source should decode just fine using DirectShowSource. If you prefer FFMpegSource as your source filter then you have to download the current version of ffms2 (the version which comes with A2D 2.83 cannot handle X265 sources). Download this version:
    https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases/download/2.22/ffms2-2.22-msvc.7z

Then open the archive and go to the X86 folder. From this folder extract the files ffms2.dll and ffms2.lib and copy them into the AVStoDVD\Lib folder (replace the old ffms2.dll).

Cheers
    manolito
    Thank you! It works!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI all.
    I had an MKV of a movie, it apparently had bad chappters infomation within the file.
    When this mkv was loaded into AvstoDVD, the chapters showed only a single chapter at the first frame.
    There didn't seem to be any way to generate A2D's default, every 5 minutes, chapters.

To fix this problem I had to open the MKV in MKVmerge deselect the chapter info and create a copy of the MKV without it.
    Then, using the new MKV, A2D was happy, generated it's own default chapter as usual.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another way would be to deselect the "Use source chapters" option under "Preferences":

Click image for larger version

Name:	chapters.png
Views:	1271
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	36120

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 12th Mar 2016 at 03:50.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you - didn't see it, was looking for something in edit title/chapters
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK I'm a video novice so I may say and do stupid things... I have a little gadget that accepts input from my VCR to my USB and creates MPEG files which I can then massage and burn to DVD using IMGBURN. I am trying to do my first one that is too long to fit on a single 4.5gb DVD and it's giving me a lot of trouble. Before I give up and try to handle it "manually" by capturing the video in segments small enough to fit on a 4.5gb DVD, I thought I'd explain my problem. I'm trying AVStoDVD to see if can preprocess the file better than the ArcSoft junky software that came with my gadget...

I have captured an MPEG that is about 2 hours 25 minutes long. I ought to be able to fit that on a DL disk? I have now produced DVD files twice out of AVS - the first time I messed up my chapter breaks by trying to delete the default ones and choose my own. I read the error message and it said I was not putting my break in the right place for the size of the video so I redid it and left all the default ones and just added my own in case it would offer it to me as an option.

Still when I open the file and run the calculator in IMGBURN it says that there are no cells where it can put the layer break. I'm not sure why.

Also, I set a custom disk size in AVS of 8.5gb because the DL of 9.5 seemed risky to me... Still it created an image of 8.8gb, I think, which means it won't fit on a DL disk.

So I have two problems - output size, and the fact that despite the list of possible chapter breaks I saw in AVS, IMGBURN says there is no place to put a layer break.

This is the AVS log from when I did the 'Burn' step and built the DVD hard drive files:
    Stream Type: MPEG2 Program
    Profile: main@main
    Frame Size: 720x480
    Display Size: 720x480
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3 [2]
    Frame Rate: 29.970030 fps
    Video Type: NTSC
    Frame Type: Interlaced
    Coding Type: B
    Colorimetry: BT.470-2 B,G
    Frame Structure: Frame
    Field Order:
    Coded Number: 265434
    Playback Number: 2
    Frame Repeats: 0
    Field Repeats: 0
    VOB ID:
    Cell ID:
    Bitrate:
    Bitrate (Avg):
    Bitrate (Max):
    Audio Stream: c0: MPA L2 2ch 48 224
    Timestamp: 2:27:35
    Elapsed: 0:01:47
    Remain: FINISH
    FPS:
    Info:
    =====

This is the message from IMGBURN:

W 21:08:21 User accepted that image may be too big to fit on the target DVD media!
    W 21:08:25 Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!
    W 21:08:25 The minimal size of this image is 4320309 sectors.
    W 21:08:25 The layer break must be between sectors 2233397 and 2086912.
    W 21:08:25 Sector 2233397 falls within VTS_01 (Title), which starts at sector 359.
    W 21:08:25 Relative to the start of VTS_01 (Title), the layer break must be between sectors 2233038 and 2086553.
    W 21:08:25 Relative sector 2233038 falls within PGC 1, Cell 17, which starts at relative sector 2194955 and ends at 2341242.
    W 21:08:25 Relative to the start of Cell 17, try splitting between sectors 38083 (74.38 MB) and 4294858894 (8388396.28 MB).

====
    What am I doing wrong?? Thanks for any hints. They were patient with me over at the other thread until it was clear the help I need could be found here...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dl layer disc capacity is about 8200MB i set custom size to 7900, I prefer to have a small buffer of blank space for the outer edge of each layer

if your fdvd folder is too big, you can use DVDshrink to make it smaller aka compress it

or run avi2dvd again useing a lower bitrate
    make sure you UNCHECK use/keep compatible mpeg video, IF that is checked avs will NOT recode and compress your video, no matter what your size and bit rate settings are
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I will try that. Maybe then the chapter/layer break problem will also go away. And I have the 'keep' thing turned off per advice I got in the other forum so I did that already. Let's see how this goes!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One other thing I did - I turned off 'auto chapter setup' and added an additional frame number to the list. Is that ok? Will it still use everything in the list, plus the one I made? Or do I have to give up all control of the layer break in order for this to work? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A2D will use all chapter points in your list, all the previous ones plus the ones you add.

But you need to be careful to not add a chapter which is outside the duration of your source file. If your source has a duration of 1 hour and you add a chapter at 1 hour 1 minute, MuxMan will fail.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  13. AVStoDVD already sets 8100 MB as maximum size for DL DVD output. Maybe 'DVD-9 (9.4 GB)' label is misleading... well, it is actually formally wrong. I will fix it to 'DVD-9 (8.5 GB)' in next release.

@fotyc, do you have the possibility to upload the AVStoDVD project log file?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  14. New 2.8.4 Alpha release is available to download.

For testing purpose only.

Cumulative change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Added 'All'/'None' selection buttons to all ListBox forms
    - Added 'Tools'/'Subtitles Tools'/'Check/Fix SRT Subs' option
    - Added 'Tools'/'Subtitles Tools'/'Re-Sync SRT Subs' option
    - Improved parsing routine for SubRip subtitles
    - Removed 2nd authoring attempt if 1st fails (used new BatchMux 1.4 -bmlog flag)
    - Removed '-trellis 2' from FFmpeg HQ cli flags
    - Revised dual layer DVD output label from 'DVD-9 (9.4 GB)' to 'DVD-9 (8.5 GB)'
    - Validated compatibility with Windows 10
    - ColorMatrix plugin updated to release 2.5
    - FFMpegSource plugin updated to release 2.22
    - BatchMux updated to release 1.4.1 beta (30-01-2016)
    - HCenc updated to release 0.28 (21-12-2015)
    - AVSMeter updated to release 2.1.3
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.67
    - MediaInfo updated to release 0.7.77

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This question has probably been asked and answered before, so I apologize ahead of time, I did a search using trms such as "overwrite" and such, but it didn't turn up anything. Is there a way to somehow point the program to your existing avisynth program, without doing an install including avisynth to get the program to see it? Some of my scripts need specific versions, and I don't want to have to work all that out again if I don't have to. My specific version (and plugin packages) works fine as they are, and I don't want to rock that boat.

Yes, I could stash them away elsewhere, and then re-install if need be, but I'm hoping to avoid doing all of that if possible.

I'm getting it to work, as all I'm asking at present is for it to do some authoring, but I will no doubt in the future want to use its script reading ability.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the answer is to copy your version aka avisynth setup to the install folder avstodvd creates
    Then avs can use your plugins and scripts
    You can edit or delete and replace the script avs creates
    But it needs your plugins, in that installs folder
    In other words you don't redirect avs avisynth to a different install
    You replace the install with the avisynth that you are using, as long as All the plugins are there, your edited script willing function
    I think I said that correctly,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no way to have different versions of AviSynth active at the same time. Only 1 version can be used at a given time, but there is a tool by a Doom9 forum member Groucho2004 which allows switching of different AviSynth versions on the fly by clicking just one button - reboot not required.

The current AVStoDVD needs AviSynth v 2.60. All older AviSynth versions will no longer work with AVStoDVD. The last A2D version which still works with AviSynth 2.57 is AVStoDVD release 2.8.1

So the first thing you should do is find out which version you have installed. In your Windows\System32 folder (or SysWow64 on a 64bit Windows) you will find the file "avisynth.dll". Determine the version of this file by rightclicking it and click "Properties".

If you already have v 2.60 then no further acton is required. If the version is older then your only choices are to either not use AVStoDVD or upgrade AviSynth to v 2.60.

In the vast majority of cases AviSynth 2.60 will work with all older plugins. When you overinstall a newer version over an older one, all your plugins will be kept in the AviSynth\Plugin folder. I have only encountered one single case where an older application refused to work with the current AviSynth version.

And if you really have applications which only work with an older AviSynth version, here is the link to Groucho's AviSynth version switcher:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1720988#post1720988

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 2nd Apr 2016 at 16:57.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've version 2.6.0.6, the security tab tells me. (dll located in the sysWOW64 folder)

This may be odd, but the Avisynth folder I for some reason have in a folder with many other video related programs, it didn't (or I guided it) install in the program folders section like many program folders do. I wonder if that is the issue?

But bottom line, version 2.6.0.6, dll in the sysWOW64, but AVStoDVD doesn't see it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This looks weird to me. The "AviSynth" folder can be anywhere, it doesn't matter. There always is a subfolder "Plugins" under this AviSynth folder, and this is where the autoload plugins must be located. To find this folder there is a registry entry under HKLM\Software\Avisynth which contains the location of this folder.

For AVStoDVD to find the installed AviSynth version the only requirement is the file "avisynth.dll" in your System32 / SysWow64 folder. The AviSynth folder itself doesn't even need to exist.

I would recommend to reinstall AviSynth.

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    How do you know that AVStoDVD does not see your installed AviSynth? Do you get an error message?
    A2D reports the detected AviSynth version right on startup:

Name:	avisynth.png
Views:	1158
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	36387
    Last edited by manolito; 3rd Apr 2016 at 09:09.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I get a trouble/error box that pops up. Also, where your arrow is, it reflects a problem as well.

I'll do a remove and reinstall, including Avisynth in the near future and see how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before doing a complete reinstall you could try this little batch file (modified version from Groucho's switcher tool):
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi to all. Im just asking Here as i have a 720p 50fps mp4 file i want to converT to a pal dvd. I have made a conversion with avstodvd and am very impressed with the quality but noticed i am getting a slight frame judder. Also the footage still comes out in pal dvd format but progressive. Should this not be interlaced??

Is there any settings in avstodvd that can fix this?

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jjcinema1,

we really need your AVStoDVD log file for analyzing your problem.

But chances are that your source file is already progressive, and in this case AVStoDVD will encode it as progressive. (It is NOT true that PAL DVDs have to be interlaced. It is true that most commercial PAL DVDs are flagged as Interlaced even if their content is Progressive, but that's a different story).

The frame judder you notice probably comes from a frame rate conversion which A2D does to bring the frame rate to the PAL standard of 25fps. A2D can use several methods to do this frame rate conversion (ChangeFPS, ConvertFPS and MotionProtectedFPS), and these methods have an influence on the resulting judder. So again, please post your log...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Hi jjcinema1,

we really need your AVStoDVD log file for analyzing your problem.

But chances are that your source file is already progressive, and in this case AVStoDVD will encode it as progressive. (It is NOT true that PAL DVDs have to be interlaced. It is true that most commercial PAL DVDs are flagged as Interlaced even if their content is Progressive, but that's a different story).

The frame judder you notice probably comes from a frame rate conversion which A2D does to bring the frame rate to the PAL standard of 25fps. A2D can use several methods to do this frame rate conversion (ChangeFPS, ConvertFPS and MotionProtectedFPS), and these methods have an influence on the resulting judder. So again, please post your log...

Cheers
    manolito

manolito Thank you for responding. Please find y enclosed Log file. AVS TO DVD seesm to be a great little porgram. Hopefully I can get my mp4 converted nicely.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the log file...

Your source is progressive @ 50fps (probably bob-deinterlaced from a 25fps interlaced source). AVStoDVD has to bring down the frame rate to 25fps, and it does this by just discarding every other frame. No wonder you get some motion judder.

I can see two methods to reduce the judder:

1. Use MotionProtectedFPS. Under "View/Edit Title Settings" go to the AviSynth tab and uncheck the automatic script creation. Replace the line "Video = Video.SelectEven()" with "Video = Video.MotionProtectedFPS(25)". This will give you smooth motion, but at the risk of some artifacts.

2. Instead of dropping whole frames just drop fields. The result will be smoother, but it will be interlaced which is less effective.

This is the procedure:
    Load your source, go to the AviSynth tab. Delete the line "Video = Video.SelectEven()".
    Insert the following lines after the resizer (Spline16Resize) command:
    Code:
    Last = Video
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()
    Video = Last
    Next you have to tell AVStoDVD to set the encoder to interlaced:
    Go to the Video tab and uncheck Auto Video Setup. Check "Interlaced Encoding" and "Top Field First".

Leave the Settings Window and start your encode.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Thanks for the log file...

Your source is progressive @ 50fps (probably bob-deinterlaced from a 25fps interlaced source). AVStoDVD has to bring down the frame rate to 25fps, and it does this by just discarding every other frame. No wonder you get some motion judder.

I can see two methods to reduce the judder:

1. Use MotionProtectedFPS. Under "View/Edit Title Settings" go to the AviSynth tab and uncheck the automatic script creation. Replace the line "Video = Video.SelectEven()" with "Video = Video.MotionProtectedFPS(25)". This will give you smooth motion, but at the risk of some artifacts.

2. Instead of dropping whole frames just drop fields. The result will be smoother, but it will be interlaced which is less effective.

This is the procedure:
    Load your source, go to the AviSynth tab. Delete the line "Video = Video.SelectEven()".
    Insert the following lines after the resizer (Spline16Resize) command:
    Code:
    Last = Video
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()
    Video = Last
    Next you have to tell AVStoDVD to set the encoder to interlaced:
    Go to the Video tab and uncheck Auto Video Setup. Check "Interlaced Encoding" and "Top Field First".

Leave the Settings Window and start your encode.

Good luck
    manolito
    Thank you . The second step converted fine but when there was movement the image displayed interfaced lines. When played back on pc using vlc player.

The first step wont work as i get an error something regarding the
    MotionProtectedFPS(25)? I have made sure to check the spelling and spaces ect correctly.

Any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    The first step wont work as i get an error something regarding the MotionProtectedFPS(25)?
    Which error message exactly?

For the interlacing lines in the other conversion, yes, the encode will be interlaced, and it needs to be deinterlaced somewhere in your playback chain (unless you play it on an old CRT TV). For VLC it depends on your setup, AFAIK it can automatically deinterlace interlaced sources. Try to burn a DVD and play it on your TV.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Code:
    The first step wont work as i get an error something regarding the MotionProtectedFPS(25)?
    Which error message exactly?

For the interlacing lines in the other conversion, yes, the encode will be interlaced, and it needs to be deinterlaced somewhere in your playback chain (unless you play it on an old CRT TV). For VLC it depends on your setup, AFAIK it can automatically deinterlace interlaced sources. Try to burn a DVD and play it on your TV.

Cheers
    manolito

I will do a test of the interlaced conversion and play id back on my dvd player on my tv and see what its like.

In regards to the error message for step 1, I have included screen grabs to show what happens.

Name:	Image 1.JPG
Views:	882
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	36688

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	36686

Name:	Image 3.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	36687

Hope this is useful.

Thanks
    jj
    Quote Quote  
  29. Just test out your interlaced encode on your television. If all was done correctly it should play smoothly and you should be pleased.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Just test out your interlaced encode on your television. If all was done correctly it should play smoothly and you should be pleased.
    I will be using Convertxdvd to make a pal dvd with a menu for the footage. Should I check or leave it unchecked the option to "Deinterlace"? I guess it makes sense to leave it unchecked as its going back a step.

Thanks

UPDATE:

manolito Thank you Thank you and Thank you,

Upon testing my footage (Interlaced method with avstodvd (your Step 2 advice) and burned to dvd-r with a menu using convertxdvd with the deinterlace option UNCHECKED) it seems to play smoothly and flawlessly. I am very happy with the outcome just as you stated and will be using AVStoDVD from now on.

Just a few questions

1) If I do all my footage that is 720p @50 like this to an interlaced pal dvd will it play on any dvd player and any blu ray player in the future?

2) this type of conversion in AVStoDVD and convertxdvd to make meu ect whats the best type of filter to use or does it matter?

3) Can AVStoDVD join multiple mp4 (with the same specs) to one mpeg pal file?

Thank you again sir, You have helped me learn a little today as well as fix an issue I have been having trouble with for a while lol!
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 20th Apr 2016 at 18:03. Reason: Update to my earlier
    Quote Quote