VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 137
FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Software players are always a little unreliable when testing the compatibility of video formats. Play the burned DVD in a standalone player. Plus you could check one of the encoded VOBs with MediaInfo, it should report a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Jdobbs is always overcautious about the versions of the helper applications for his software. I can assure you that contrary to what he says BD-Rebuilder works well under AviSynth 2.60 (he requests 2.58), LAVFilters 2.65 and the latest ffdshow version by clsid. Only Haali splitter seems to be critical, newer versions can cause problems. But if you use LAV instead of ffdshow, you can uninstall Haali altogether.

I am not familiar with your directv genie hd dvr, but I doubt that it won't work using LAVFilöters instead of ffdshow. LAV audio has no problems decoding AC3 5.1, so you should at least try it. Right now the codecs report in your AVStoDVD log file is one big mess...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  2. forgive me if this was covered before , but I did some searching and could not bring up a topic related to the question I wanted to ask.
    Your nice program offers a simple menu setup (if wanted) which is fine. However on some occasions a disc I create may have more than one audio or subtitle track. Would it be possible to add another button option to your menu system so I can then select whatever audio or subs I want before playing the disc?

** I am able to do this if I use a combo of a few other programs to put everything together in the end, but sometimes a nice simple menu works just fine and I would love if this option (selecting extra audio/subs) could be added making it a truly all in one program (or a bit more than the all in one it is now)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi mazinz,

yes, this was covered before on a couple of occasions, and unfortunately the answer is No.

Menu creation is entirely handled by BatchMux (by Sir Didymus), and creating menu entries for selecting different audio or subs tracks is not supported. Nothing what MrC could do about it...

If you need such menus I would recommend to use DVDStyler for this purpose.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 21st Jun 2015 at 17:37.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Hi mazinz,

yes, this was covered before on a couple of occasions, and unfortunately the answer is No.

Menu creation is entirely handled by BatchMux (by Sir Didymus), and creating menu entries for selecting different audio or subs tracks is not supported. Nothing which MrC could do about it...

If you need such menus I would recommend to use DVDStyler for this purpose.

Cheers
    manolito
    Thank you for the reply. I do have other programs where I can create what I want, but sometimes for certain projects AVS2DVD is perfect. No problem then
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manolito I been wanting to use lav filters with my capture program is capture4me. When I select the lav filters to use to capture from the genie the thing will not use lav filters the program crashes right away. So that’s why I kept ffdshow. If I could get capture4me to use lav filters. I would remove ffshow long time ago. I don't have a amp for me to capture 5.1 audio so I basally force capture4me to use ffdshow.

I know capture4me crashes trying on lav filters verison 12.0 I haven't tried verison 13.0 on lav filters. on It. When I use hauppauge hdpvr 2 1512. Ill try lav filters on and Il even try a new verison of lav filter 0.65 and Ill report back. How will removing one if I can fix my problem with avstodvd with the mpeg not keeping at correct size? I haven"t had no issues with any video at all using avstodvd expect the videos I been trying for months. I'm stumped.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 21st Jun 2015 at 17:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    How will removing one if I can fix my problem with avstodvd with the mpeg not keeping at correct size? I haven"t had no issues with any video at all using avstodvd expect the videos I been trying for months. I'm stumped.
    No reason to get stumped. All you did was discovering a bug in the VLC media player...

I tried to reproduce your problem, I created a VCD with exactly the same properties as your source file, converted it to a DVD structure using your settings, and sure enough VLC would play the result as widescreen.

All other software players I tried (MPC-HC, PowerDVD, Tiny Player, WMP) played the DVD at the correct aspect ratio. I burned the DVD structure and played it in my standalone DVD player, and the result was also a perfect 4:3 video playback.

More tests showed that VLC only plays MPEG2 videos correctly if they have the Full-D1 size of 720 x 576/480. If the size is Half-D1 or VCD then VLC will distort the image. I did not find anything in the VLC settings which could remedy this problem. All you can do in VLC when you encounter such a distorted image is to right-click on the video and under Video -> Aspect Ratio force the correct aspect ratio.

So you can either use a different player to test your VCD conversions, or you have to specify Full-D1 in the AVStoDVD settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	resolution.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	32275

I am quite confident that your issues have nothing to do with AVStoDVD, your DirectShow filter setup is also not to blame.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 22nd Jun 2015 at 04:33.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manolito Thank you so much for helping me I tested it with the screen shot you posted and It worked. I even played it in vso media player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a quick suggestion, is it possible to have an option to choose the default save location for project files and job list files (I.E. My Documents), instead of where the video file that is being worked on as at present

That way I can keep them in one place and know the projects and job list will always be there regardless of where I decided to encode from

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Just a quick suggestion, is it possible to have an option to choose the default save location for project files and job list files (I.E. My Documents), instead of where the video file that is being worked on as at present
    Good suggestion. Probably not in the 2.8.2 Final (99.9% ready), but for sure in the next release.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Release 2.8.2 Final is out.

No major changes vs latest Alpha.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. 1. I downloaded the latest AVStoDVD 2.8.2 installer package. I was reading in the forum about the ffmpeg vbr at the sourceforge site in avstodvd_addons/ff_vbr.bat (ffmpeg VBR modes)/. I installed following the instructions and keep on getting a 'process aborted' window immediately. Does this addon work in 2.8.2 or am I doing something wrong.

2. If a PAL vob file that first needs to have the dvd standard changed to ntsc in 2.8.2 and then AVStoDVD recommends to re-index the file this will freeze the program.
    Last edited by JukeboxJezabel; 27th Jun 2015 at 15:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JukeboxJezabel View Post
    1. I downloaded the latest AVStoDVD 2.8.2 installer package. I was reading in the forum about the ffmpeg vbr at the sourceforge site in avstodvd_addons/ff_vbr.bat (ffmpeg VBR modes)/. I installed following the instructions and keep on getting a 'process aborted' window immediately. Does this addon work in 2.8.2 or am I doing something wrong.
    Hi JukeboxJezabel,

damn, you are right!

Something which MrC changed between the latest Alpha and the stable version breaks my ff_vbr plugin completely. Instead of ffmpeg now AVSMeter is executed from the ffmpeg console window, and right now I have no idea what exactly was changed for the stable version. The log file does not reveal anything, so I have to get together with MrC via PM to find the issue...

In the meantime if you want to try my plugin, please replace AVStoDVD.exe with the executable from the latest Alpha version (download the no_install version and extract the EXE from the archive)

//EDIT//
    I think I found the culprit...
    It is not AVStoDVD, it is AVSMeter. The stable version uses the newest version 2.04 while the latest Alpha uses the older version 1.83. And there is something in the new version which breaks my plugin.

To temporarily fix it you do not have to use the Alpha AVStoDVD executable. Just replace the whole AVStoDVD\AVSMeter folder with the one from the latest Alpha. Might take some time to find out what exactly triggers the issue...

Originally Posted by JukeboxJezabel View Post
    2. If a PAL vob file that first needs to have the dvd standard changed to ntsc in 2.8.2 and then AVStoDVD recommends to re-index the file this will freeze the program.
    I tried to reproduce this behavior, but I couldn't. Reindexing a PAL VOB when the DVD standard is set to NTSC works each and every time on my machine (WinXP SP3).

//EDIT//
    New findings: Looks like this is also an AVSMeter issue...
    Could it be that your AviSynth version is lower than 2.60? The new AVSMeter version requires at least AviSynth 2.60 or AviSynth+. If an earlier version (like 2.58) is installed, AVStoDVD will just freeze without any error message. If you do not want to install AviSynth 2.60 you need to use the older version 1.83 of AVSMeter which comes with the latest Alpha version.

I believe that MrC's decision to upgrade AVSMeter to the latest version was a little premature. According to the version history none of the added features are needed for AVStoDVD.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 27th Jun 2015 at 20:08.
    Quote Quote  
  13. New findings: Looks like this is also an AVSMeter issue...
    Could it be that your AviSynth version is lower than 2.60? The new AVSMeter version requires at least AviSynth 2.60 or AviSynth+. If an earlier version (like 2.58) is installed, AVStoDVD will just freeze without any error message. If you do not want to install AviSynth 2.60 you need to use the older version 1.83 of AVSMeter which comes with the latest Alpha version.
    I had which ever version gets installed with the avs installer. I just installed avisynth 2.60 RC3 and the same the vid file loads okay now.

Name:  avs.PNG
Views: 701
Size:  9.6 KB You can see that with 2.8.2 there 27,209 on mine in comparison to your larger sized one. Also in preferences in the video tab the lock bitrate is no longer available or I just noticed it. I'm sure this will be resolved. Always grateful for your help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The size difference for _ffmpeg.exe is because I use a newer version of ffmpeg. Your ffmpeg folder looks absolutely OK, the problem lies within AVSMeter.

You should really go back to the older AVSMeter version 1.83. I uploaded the complete folder here, just extract it into AVStoDVD overwriting the existing files:
    http://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/AVSMeter_183.zip

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    You should really go back to the older AVSMeter version 1.83.
    That did the trick. The two pass quality is really great. Thanks for your insights.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Switched to the latest version, 2.8.2, and AVStoDVD will not import .srt subtitles at all now. The program can automatically pick up the subtitles in the same directory, but the program hangs up and will never finish importing anything.

If you deselect the subtitles, the video is imported. But if you try to manually import the subtitles, it hangs up again, and you have to shut the program down.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Completely uninstalled AVStoDVD 2.8.2 and reinstalled it. There was no change in its behavior regarding subtitles.

Uninstalled 2.8.2 again and installed 2.8.1. This older version is working perfectly well with .srt subtitles.

I'm using Windows 8.1, 64bit, and haven't had any issues with AVStoDVD prior to this.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi Kerry56

thanks for the bug report.

The cause is the same as reported by manolito few posts before. The consequence is different, but the cause is the same: the newer AVSMeter releases requires AviSynth 2.6.0 (or AviSynth+) in a mandatory way. When you add an external subs file, there a call to AVSMeter (actually it is redundant, code can be optimized), and if you have installed AviSynth 2.5.x, A2D hangs forever.

Waiting for A2D 2.8.3, there are two workaround:

1. Install AviSynth 2.6.0

or

2. Overwrite the current AVSMeter release (2.0.4) with an older AVSMeter release (e.g. 1.8.3)

Hope it helps

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 30th Jun 2015 at 16:42.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, thanks for the information. Another program I use (BD Rebuilder) requires Avisynth 2.5.8, so until jdobbs updates his program, I'll stick with the older version of Avisynth. I understand the newer version of Avisnyth will work in his program, but I'd rather not mess with it.

I've changed AVSMeter to the older version and the issue with subtitles has stopped.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Kerry56,

I can assure you that BD-Rebuilder works just fine under AviSynth 2.60. If it didn't you would indeed get a problem with the upcoming version of A2D, because MrC has plans to raise the system requirements for A2D to require AviSynth 2.60.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hello everybody,

First of all, I'd like to thank the author. AVStoDVD works really good.

BUT...

I'm having a problem I cannot resolve for myself: Regardless of the encoder I use (FFmpeg or HCenc), I always get some artifacts in the credit titles at the beggining of the movie. These letters 'tremble' and produce thin artifacts around them, while the rest of the picture gets perfectly encoded.

I don't know what's causing this, but I've tried everything I'm able: uninstalled every codec (K-Lite codec pack); clean-installed AVStoDVD with just its own components; switched between LAV and ffdshow; I think every possible combination, but the result is always the same.

The source video file is a .MP4 x264 1280x544 encoded with HandBrake and I'm trying to get the PAL MPEG2 and AC3 streams for authoring in DVD-lab.

Tried also with AVStoDVD 2.8.1 and the all new 2.8.2

Any help?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: OK, problem solved. It had to be with the variable framerate. Used a constant framerate encode of the movie and the problem disappeared. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by trotskito; 2nd Jul 2015 at 09:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could you upload a short sample of the intro credits encoded with VFR?

AVStoDVD has to convert VFR to CFR because the DVD specs require CFR. This is normally done by DrectShowSource through the parameter "convertfps=true". This will insert or drop frames to achieve a constant frame rate. If you use FFMpegSource instead of DirectShowSource, things get a little hazy (the parameters to convert VFR to CFR are not used as far as I can see).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  23. In fact I'm just re-doing it with CFR sources. The origin of the issue was in HandBrake: it seems that, due to a bug, using a .MP4 container (which I did) instead of .MKV makes framerate go inevitably variable, even when the option 'constant framerate' is marked. And that VFR was causing the opening credits to be glitchy when converted with AVStoDVD. Nevermind.

But if you are asking for the sample out of curiosity or for technical purposes, I will upload it as soon as I can. I guess you mean an encoded .M2V sample, right?
    Last edited by trotskito; 2nd Jul 2015 at 19:23.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Edit: Can't post log atm, will be able to later. Hopefully someone might have a suggestion without the log for now, if not will just post the log when I can. (Using different pc)

Got a problem with the file size. Had a quick look around but can't find solution and hope someone knows whats going on.

Trying to burn 3 files onto a dvd-5 disk. All goes well until its just about to burn them, then it pops up saying the files are to big to fit on the disk.
    Before starting the conversion, I checked that the bar below that shows if the files will fit on the disk was red and it wasn't, it was blue. Was able to fit 2 fine but not 3. For the 3 files it converts/formats them to just over 5bg, but it doesn't say that before I start the process. Even if i'm about to just do 1 file the size looks a lot bigger than it should be. bigger than the original file. The original file sizes for the files are about 800mb each. I do have the automatic bit rate on.

Have been able to put the same 3 files on the disk using convertxtodvd with quite a bit of space left over but just don't like the quality it produces and not sure how to change it, so I'm a bit confused why I am having problems with avstodvd. Using latest AVStoDVD, 2.8.2.

Hope someone can help, thanks!
    Last edited by Drastics; 2nd Jul 2015 at 18:53.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is my suggestion
    manually set the bit rate for all three files
    to allow for overhead and NOT burn to the edge of the disc
    i limit my disc size to less than 4500..normally 4300-4400
    try 6700 bit rate for each file
    adjust up or down to achieve a total less than 4700
    Quote Quote  
  26. @Drastic

definitively the project log file is needed to understand where is the problem. Hard to guess w/o the log.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trotskito View Post
    But if you are asking for the sample out of curiosity or for technical purposes, I will upload it as soon as I can. I guess you mean an encoded .M2V sample, right?
    Yes, it's just technical curiosity...
    And no, I would need the MP4 which was encoded by HandBrake so I can try to make the conversion with AVStoDVD work.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by manolito
    Yes, it's just technical curiosity...
    And no, I would need the MP4 which was encoded by HandBrake so I can try to make the conversion with AVStoDVD work.

Cheers
    manolito
    Here you have: Link to MEGA

I see the artifacts on the letters even in the Preview Title Output option. Weird, because, as I said, the rest of the picture seems to get encoded normally. Note that the VFR thing comes from a HandBrake bug: I selected CFR on video settings but, when using MP4 container, it gets invariably VFR (I found this on google, seems to be an old bug, but it has not been corrected yet).

Bye.
    Last edited by trotskito; 3rd Jul 2015 at 09:17.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Drastic

definitively the project log file is needed to understand where is the problem. Hard to guess w/o the log.

Bye
    Ok, just started the same project again but have changed the individual bit rates for the files as suggested and will post the log when it has finished. For now, will post my settings before it started, which might be useful. You'll see in the pics that I also have a problem with the sound syncing, but have temporally sorted it by changing the word "false" to "true" under Avisynth, which I saw someone posted somewhere else, maybe there is a better way to deal with this, I'm not sure.

Name:	avstodvd5.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	32398

Name:	avstodvd3.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	32399

Name:	avstodvd1.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	32400

Name:	avstodvd7.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	32401

Name:	avstodvd6.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	32402

Name:	avstodvd4.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	32403

Name:	avstodvd2.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	32404

As you can see I have changed the bit rate for each file to 3500 so it says the files will fit onto the disk with some free. But as mentioned before, I had it so it did it automatically and the file sizes were not that different (Think they were around 3600/3700) And said it was able to fit to disk but after it had finished converting, just as it started to burn, it popped up with a message saying the files were to big.

Also, for one files at 3500 bit rate, it says it will output onto the disk at 1.6gb. Is that normal or unusual. The file is about 900mb.

As I said, will post the log after it has finished, Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Should work, but it's going to be close
    You have 2hrs 46 min of video on a 2 h4 disc
    I would have set max but rate at 6500 for this project, for ALL THREE videos
    IMO. 4544 estimated size for 4700 disc doesn't leave much room for coding variance
    Quote Quote