FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 4096
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @hurricane1951

keep the same width for each Title Label

Bye
    Hi _MrC_,

That fixed the immediate problem, but it's (typically) an elusive problem because it only appears sometimes. I have a few DVD menus that have titles aligned side-by-side, where they all have different frame lengths, and the link order is just fine.

Thanks for the fix for this one.
    Quote Quote  
  2. @hurricane1951

that's not a workaround. Use always the same label frame lengths and the link order will be fine.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can't seem to get PGS subtitles to display in my DVDs. I ripped a Blu-Ray disc with MakeMKV, then added the title to AVStoDVD. The subtitle appeared as a PGS.

If I encode it with the Auto Subtitles Setup enabled, the subtitle won't display. VLC reports there is a subtitle track, but won't display it during playback.

Changing the setup to hardcode prevents the encoding process from running. After clicking Start, AVStoDVD immediately aborts.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to convert the PGS to text using OCR?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not aware that AVStoDVD can convert PGS subtitles. You may need to use BDSup2Sub to resize and convert to Vob/Sub. You can then remux or just drop it into AVStoDVD after you select your MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. AVStoDVD does not support PGS subtitles. The PGS format is not listed when you select 'Add Subtitles'.

As doctorm suggests, use BDSup2Sub to convert the PGS to VobSub format, then drop the VobSub into AVStoDVD.

If you get problems, post here the project log file and upload somewhere the PGS subtitles file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    AVStoDVD does not support PGS subtitles. The PGS format is not listed when you select 'Add Subtitles'.

As doctorm suggests, use BDSup2Sub to convert the PGS to VobSub format, then drop the VobSub into AVStoDVD.

If you get problems, post here the project log file and upload somewhere the PGS subtitles file.

Bye
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Insert DVD Error

Previously mentioned by somebody else with this problem, I never used to get it but I get it with every encode now. If running a batch job the batch stops until you click OK when the no DVD found error pops up. So if left running overnight it stalls until I click OK

If I click OK, it goes away until the next encode or next project in a job list

I've tried removing AVStoDVD folder and copying a fresh 'noinstall' folder after downloading from the website after removing all traces of AVStoDVD from the registry and starting from a 'clean' install with all settings at defaults

Still insists on telling me that there isn't a DVD in the drive to burn, which I know as I'm going to do it manually using IMGBurn at a later date. Even tried changing the burning drive (as I have two) but that didn't help either

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. @steptoe

are you running release 2.8.1 with the latest hofix?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd/AVStoDVD%202.8.1/

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried a different menu template, the 'blue rain' instead of the 'menu in black'.

It looks nice but the selection highlighting appears too high on the menu for the thumbnails.
    I'm not sure what causes that. I don't know if that's something anyone else is seeing, but it's happened for two different projects now.
    I'll be switching back to black for now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    - changing the font of hardcoded subtitles doesn't seem to work. They always look like pic below.

- 2.8.1 shows pic below when encoding an MKV file. It's annoying because it has to be clicked manually. 2.7.5 doesn't show that window.

- MKV video/audio get out of sync (tested with three different movies, each has a different delay). Same goes for subtitles.

It would be nice if we could adjust subtitle delay just like audio (edit title > avisynth > disable "auto avisynth script" > audio > delay audio) because editing the subs file with a separate program seems like the only option at the moment.

I can provide more info if necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @Ygramul

first of all welcome to this thread

1. See Help/FAQ/Subtitles/Q5.3 (AVStoDVD release 2.8.1)

2. Are you sure you are using release 2.8.1? That message was a bug from 2.8.0, fixed in 2.8.1

3. Post here the 3 projects log files, of course if the titles to covert to DVD are from a legal source. We do not give support to illegal stuff.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Ygramul

first of all welcome to this thread

1. See Help/FAQ/Subtitles/Q5.3 (AVStoDVD release 2.8.1)

2. Are you sure you are using release 2.8.1? That message was a bug from 2.8.0, fixed in 2.8.1

3. Post here the 3 projects log files, of course if the titles to covert to DVD are from a legal source. We do not give support to illegal stuff.

Bye
    1. Didn't know about the ASS format. I'll try that, thanks.

2. I'm pretty sure that happened in 2.8.1. I started using AVStoDVD at the beginning of this month.

3. Here's the log.

http://files.videohelp.com/u/131876/DVD_0.log

The delay in the first title (episode) is about -360 and -550 in the second one.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Make sure you are using release 2.8.1, with the latest hotfix. Then retry the project and post here the log file. The attached log file is from release 2.7.5.

If the audio delay is constant (360 and 550 ms), you can adjust it using the AviSynth feature, as you already have discovered. Anyway it is not common that *every* MKVs have problems. Have you played the original MKVs? Audio and subs are in synch? The source of original MKVs is safe?

For more troubleshooting on synch issues, see Help/FAQ/Audio/Q4.6

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Removed 2.7.5, installed 2.8.1 again. The desync problem persists.

http://files.videohelp.com/u/131876/Attempt%20784.log

Fortunately the "abnormal video frames value" problem is gone.

The MKV plays fine in MPC-HC. I rarely experience any sync problems in general.

Another problem: is there a simple way to add hardsubs? I tried at least 5 different methods and none of them worked. I tried ASS, I tried SUP etc. I tried using Aegisub, SubtitleEdit and SubtitleCreator (which doesn't want to open simple .srt files for some reason, even after common errors have been fixed with SubtitleEdit) etc.

I'm sure this has been answered already, but I don't feel like browsing 80+ pages of this thread to find out.
    Quote Quote  
  15. About the sync issue: have you tried the actions listed in Help/FAQ/Audio/Q4.6?

By the way, if the out of sync is constant, you can use the 'Edit Title'/'AviSynth'/'Audio'/'Delay Audio' feature to adjust it.

About hardcoding subs, make sure you have activated them: 'Edit Title'/'Subtitles'/'Hard Encoded'. Supported format are SRT, ASS, SSA and IDX/SUB.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Using IDX/SUB as hardsubs worked. So does SSA/ASS, I just completely missed the options for that format in SubtitleEdit. Thanks!

I forgot to mention that the audio track in the MKVs is in 5.1. (may be important, I guess).

I read the FAQ entry you mentioned and AC3 is the only option that works.

'Edit Title'/'Audio'/'Audio Direct Stream Copy is unavailable (can't check that option).

Toggling off 'Normalize Audio' and 'Auto Delay Audio' in 'Edit Title'/'Audio' is unavailable.

Selecting 'FFMpegSource' in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'AVS Audio Source Filter' and 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' as 'AC3 Audio Encoder' in 'Preferences'/'Audio' (I assume they are both supposed to be changed at once) didn't work, the delay is still there.

I know I can adjust the delay manually, but it requires an extra encode to see what the delay is.
    Last edited by Ygramul; 15th Apr 2015 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ygramul View Post
    'Edit Title'/'Audio'/'Audio Direct Stream Copy is unavailable (can't check that option).

Toggling off 'Normalize Audio' and 'Auto Delay Audio' in 'Edit Title'/'Audio' is unavailable.

Selecting 'FFMpegSource' in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'AVS Audio Source Filter' and 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' as 'AC3 Audio Encoder' in 'Preferences'/'Audio' (I assume they are both supposed to be changed at once) didn't work, the delay is still there.
    Hi Ygramul,

I tried to reproduce your problem, but my MKV came out without any audio delay problems. What puzzles me is that AVStoDVD refuses to treat your audio as "DVD compatible". It stumbles over the bitrate of 640 kbps, but this bitrate is compatible to the best of my knowledge. Also Muxman has no problem muxing such an audio file, so you might have discovered a bug...

Using FFMPEGSource as your source filter and using ffmpeg safe mode for audio are two completely unrelated things. FFMPEGSource is an alternative to DirectShowSource, it indexes the source files before decoding which makes it a little slower. But this method makes it frame accurate while seeking. Whenever you get problems with DirectShowSource, there is a good chance that FFMPEGSource does a better job.

ffmpeg safe mode for audio bypasses AviSynth for audio processing. You cannot do any AviSynth based processing any longer (like compensating delays or normalizing), but by eliminating some possibly problematic steps you can sometimes save a conversion.

Could you cut out a part of your problematic MKV (use the split function of MKVMergeGUI) and upload it somewhere like ZippyShare?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  18. @manolito

you know how I hate to rectify you, my friend, but about DVD audio (Dolby Digital):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Audio_data

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#3.6.2

Let's wait for the OP's MKV sample

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh boy, you've got me, how embarrassing...

All I can say in my defense is that I blindly trusted MuxMan which has always been the ultimate DVD compliance checker for me. So far my experience with MuxMan has been that if MuxMan accepts and muxes / authors the elementary streams correctly, then these streams are compliant.

For AC3 audio at 640 kbps this is obviously not true. MuxMan creates a DVD with this non-compliant audio stream which works nicely on all my software and hardware players. I also tried it with Mplex / DVDAuthor, and this combination also works. (Only muxing with ffmpeg causes trouble, there's hundreds of buffer underflows).

Whatever, next time I will doublecheck my statements before I post...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a 1 minute sample of one of the MKVs...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tv5fy0

I just noticed something new. I went to Codecs -> Preferred directshow codecs setup and saw this. Could that be the problem?

Quote Quote  
  21. For sure Microsoft codecs are not the best choice, mainly for AVC video and AAC audio.
    But if you have already tried FFMpegSource as input filter for video and audio (did you?), then the decoding chain should not be the cause of the out of sync.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The uploaded sample converts just fine, no audio sync problems whatsoever...

<18.04.2015 17:13:39>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 56/4450 MB (1%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD-Ordner
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: I:
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Fortschrittsfenster anzeigen (Voreinstellung)

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Spline36Resize/Spline36Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 1
    PAL SpeedUp: 1
    NTSC SlowDown: 1
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video Encoder: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2000
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 224
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 0
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): DE - German
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): DE - German
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: H: BENQ DVD DD DW1620 B7W9
    DVD Burning Speed: 8x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name:
    Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bit)
    Current user is Admin: YES
    Available Output Disc Space: 49,5 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.5.7)
    LAV Filters is installed: YES (release 0.64.0)
    ffdshow is installed: NO
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: F:\Download\hoc.mkv
    Info: AVC - 1427 kbps - 1280x640 - DAR 2 - 23,976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 54 seconds - 1294 frames
    Audio 1: F:\Download\hoc.mkv
    Info: AC3 - 640 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 54 seconds (7 ms delay)
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.73]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("E:\Programme\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("F:\Download\hoc.mkv", CacheFolder="I:", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("F:\Download\hoc.mkv", CacheFolder="I:")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,40,0,40)
    Video = Video.Spline36Resize(720,480)
    #PullDown: using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0.007)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoder: 1
    Target Video FileSize: 53,3 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -i "I:\DVD_hoc_1.avs" -threads 1 -aspect 16:9 -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 8276k -minrate 8276k -maxrate 8276k -bufsize 2000k -dc 10 -y "I:\DVD_hoc.m2v"
    <>

<18.04.2015 17:16:53>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource (DSS2 mod)
    Created File: I:\DVD_hoc.m2v (53,2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8276 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 23,976 fps - Progressive - 54 seconds - 1294 frames
    <>

<18.04.2015 17:16:54>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "I:\DVD_hoc.m2v" -srcfps 23.976 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>

<18.04.2015 17:17:02>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: I:\DVD_hoc.m2v (53,2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8276 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 23,976 fps - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 54 seconds - 1615 frames
    <>

DIRECTSHOW AUDIO MIXER OPERATIONS:
    No LAV Filters mixer ON/OFF adjustment required at runtime
    <>

START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "I:\DVD_hoc_1.avs" - $ "E:\Programme\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 448 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "I:\DVD_hoc_1.ac3"
    <>

<18.04.2015 17:17:29>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Audio Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: I:\DVD_hoc_1.ac3 (2,9 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 54 seconds (0 ms delay)
    <>

<18.04.2015 17:17:29>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "I:\DVD_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "I:\DVD\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "I:\DVD_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "I:\DVD_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "E:\Programme\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "I:\DVD_Palette.txt"
    -v "I:\DVD_hoc.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "I:\DVD_hoc_1.ac3"
    -a1lang de

<>

<18.04.2015 17:17:35>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: I:\DVD (57 MB)

CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 57 MB
    vs Assets Size: 56,1 MB -> OK
    vs Estimated Size: 56 MB -> 1,8% oversize
    <>

<18.04.2015 17:17:35>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.2 Alpha build 150403
    <>

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried two new things:

- ConvertXtoDVD keeps a/v in sync. The video stutters a bit, though, and it's particularly noticable in panning shots.

- I extracted the audio track from the MKV using MKVextractGUI, converted the file to mp3, added the MKV to AVStoDVD, disabled the original audio track and added the mp3 manually. Desync still happens.

Is it possible that video settings are the culprit?
    Last edited by Ygramul; 18th Apr 2015 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IMO you should try two things:

1. To rule out that your source MKV is broken, load it into MKVMergeGUI and remux it to a different file.

2. To rule out problems with your DirectShow filters, specify FFMPEGSource for audio and video:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SourceFilter.png
Views:	1287
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	31328

The reason that ConvertXToDVD creates juddery pans is that it does not use soft pulldown like AVStoDVD. Instead it hard-converts the frame rate to 29.97 by repeating whole frames (as opposed to repeating fields which is done by pulldown).

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using ver. 2.8.1 converting a MKV file to DVD even though I set it to output to DVD folder structure, and DVD-5 the resultant was just a little too big to burn to a 4.7 G disk using imgburn. ImgBurn said my file needed 4.9 G to burn to a disk. Also since upgrading to 2.8.1, each time I use it I get an error (which I just ignore) that my /D: drive (my optical drive) is not ready even though the paths are all set to my C: drive. I never got such an error message with the earlier versions.

I am attaching the log...

Thanks for your help.
    JC
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jc8952,

according to your log file the conversion came out 2.5% oversized. This can sometimes happen when using HCenc in 1-pass VBR mode (even though it is very rare). You've got several options:

1. Use a CDT (Compressed Domain Transcoder) like DVDShrink on your DVD folder to shrink the output by 2.5%. This is very fast and I doubt that anyone will be able to notice a difference in quality.

2. Repeat the conversion and force HCenc 2-pass VBR mode. Takes much longer, but possibly higher quality.

Your other problem (optical drive not ready) has already been fixed. You need to download the latest hotfix and replace AVStoDVD.exe with the fixed version:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd/AVStoDVD%202.8.1/

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post

2. To rule out problems with your DirectShow filters, specify FFMPEGSource for audio and video:

[Attachment 31328 - Click to enlarge]

It worked perfectly with one file, but not so well with another one (desync changed from -360 to +130).

So I unchecked "auto delay audio" in the title settings for the second file and everything's fine now. Thanks!

Also I noticed that the whole encoding process is significantly shorter with video source filter set to FFMpegSource (down to 10 minutes from about 16). Does that have any impact on the video quality?
    Last edited by Ygramul; 19th Apr 2015 at 04:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In my experience if MediaInfo reports an audio delay of more than 100 ms (even more than 20 ms is suspicious) then you usually cannot trust this value, you should discard it as you did. It's hard to say if this is a MediaInfo issue or if the source file is to blame.

If using FFMPEGSource instead of DirectShowSource generally speeds up your encodes, just stick with it. Quality will not be affected.

My own setup is a little different: I use DSS2Mod instead of DirectShowSource.dll, and LAVFilters are my preferred DirectShowSource filters. This combination is usually a little faster than FFMPEGSource, and it also handles interlaced HD AVC sources better.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 19th Apr 2015 at 12:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't even use MediaInfo, at least not in this case. I just played the clips and adjusted the delay manually using keyboard shortcuts. Anyway, thanks again. I hope this setup doesn't give me problems in the future. This whole encoding/converting business is just so confusing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ygramul View Post
    I didn't even use MediaInfo, at least not in this case.
    I was talking about AVStoDVD using MediaInfo to determine the audio delay. If you have set it to automatically correct audio delay then it will also adjust the delay for nonsense values reported by MediaInfo.

And yes, the video conversion business can be quite confusing sometimes, but believe me, if you just hang in there most things will fall in place eventually. Be patient...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote