VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 137
FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Not to get my posts confused with jc daly's . I'm not posting about the horizontal black bars that are always on a 16:9 wide screen.
    The horizontal bars I see are a horizontal seperation of action within the video itself . There are several . Think of part of the video being shown on venitian or mini window blinds. You can see the video moving within the blinds . I'm not sure if my camera could pick them up . I may give it a try .
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about submitting a sample so we can see the problem? You can use DGindex to open one of the VOB's.
    Use the [ and ] buttons to set the start and end points. Then file/save project and demux video.

Upload the m2v to this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks davexnet , I didn't know I could upload small video files here like an .m2v.
    I hope you can see the lines or bars well enough . They are much larger on a wide screen TV.
    If you need them a larger file size I can do that . I didn't see the need to make them too large.

J_C01.m2v

J_C02.m2v
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Thanks davexnet , I didn't know I could upload small video files here like an .m2v.
    I hope you can see the lines or bars well enough . They are much larger on a wide screen TV.
    If you need them a larger file size I can do that . I didn't see the need to make them too large.

[Attachment 13193 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 13194 - Click to enlarge]
    This file shows evidence of being resized while interlaced. Is this the PAL John Carter DVD you tried to convert to
    NTSC using AVStoDVD ? I see from your A2D log that the file is identified as progressive;
    I think you're going to have to look carefully at the frames in the file. Perhaps you could post a small m2v of the source?
    (30 seconds or so)
    Quote Quote  
  5. @cholla

where did you get (or how have you produced) that m2v? It is obviously a badly encoded interlaced source to NTSC progressive. The horizontal ghost effect is due to the fact the field have been uncorrectly blended.

Can you retrive the *real* original source?

Bye

Edit: dave, definitively your fingers are quicker than mine...
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. First thanks to both of you for taking a look at this.
    Explaining how this .m2v was produced will take a while.
    I started with a full DVD9 rip from the original movie DVD .
    Then I did a second rip that I was actually going to use.
    The second rip was still DVD9 but only had the English AC3/6 audio track & all subtitles .
    That is my usual rip. MediaInfo shows the ripped .vobs as Progressive NTCS.
    From the .vobs of this rip I converted the .VOBs in it with Vob2Mpg to a .mpg .
    I then used AVIDemux v. 2.5.1 r5249 to convert to an xvid.avi .
    I used AVStoDVD to convert this to " Elementary MPEG2 Streams" with HCEnc 2-pass .
    Converted to PAL during the process .
    Did the direct stream to "DVD Folder Structure" with the m2v from step #4 .
    I burned the DVD compliant Video_TS folder with ImgBurn to a DVD -RW.
    The result was a SL PAL DVD that plays well in both my LG & Magnovox standalone DVD players.

Now that I had the PAL DVD I wanted needed to try the conversion back to a NTCS DVD .
    I ripped it with DVDFab to DVD folders.
    The m2v & audio ac3/6 I have been using came from a DGIndex "Save project & demux video" .
    Those are my "Source " that I used in AVStoDVD to create the NTSC DVD . On this I let AVStoDVD index them when it asks to.
    The .vob files from that DVD are what I used DGIndex to create the .m2v files I posted in #963 from.

Here is something I find odd or interesting:
    I can take the same .m2v & ac3/6 "Source" but not let it index .
    What I get it the approxamately half legnth video I posted the log for #957 .
    This video when played doesn't have the horizontal bars but the audio is approximately 2.5 seconds slow.
    So some way AVStoDVD is able to create a good picture but I don't know why it only does half & the audio is off.

I have also done some other testing . I have a wide screen TV with USB input.
    I can connect an external hard drive via USB to the TV.
    I can watch the "Source" .m2v on this of course without Audio & it also looks fine . No horizontal bars.
    To make it clear the "Source " I'm referring to is the one for the PAL DVD rip & not the one I posted here.

I will create a .m2v from this "Source" m2v or from a .vob from the PAL DVD rip.
    Whichever works then post it . I think it will play correctly.
    All of the video I've used in the whole process has showed to be Progressive in MediaInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  7. This is a .m2v from the "Source" as requested . It looks fine to me.

J_C03.m2v
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    This is a .m2v from the "Source" as requested . It looks fine to me.

[Attachment 13196 - Click to enlarge]
    This source is bad, showing evidence of some strange blends that shouldn't be there.
    *usually*, these PAL movie DVD's have a progressive look, it's just the 24 fps sped up to 25 fps -
    I can only think something in your procedure has gone wrong.

Why don't you re-rip the original dvd-9 DVD and use that as your source without any further processing?

Just open the main title set IFO in AVStoDVD and it will index the proper VOB files.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'll give it a try & see where it goes . I think I tried that at first but I've done so much I can't remember.
    I was thinking of just starting over anyway.
    If you would elaborate on "showing evidence of some strange blends that shouldn't be there".
    That might help know what to look for.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This source you attempted to use is flagged as progressive, so AVStoDVD doesn't anything special to it. Some of the frames appear
    progressive, while some are clearly interlaced. Even the interlaced frames don't look particularly clean, when you look
    at the fields one on top of the other. You will never be able to do a decent encode using this source. You have to start from the beginning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	interlaced.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	13207
    Quote Quote  
  11. Am uploading avstodvd log. Took a lot of hours converting mkv to iso, aborted at start of subtitles.

Error message says:

Title 1 SUBS encoding operations start' Section. Error code: 0

Video, audio, and subtitles files were accepted by avstodvd, it did not ask for subtitles file demux before loading.

Its a wonderful tool, not much experience with it yet, but good success up to now.

As best I can tell I have been able to attach the log to this post, if not I'll try again.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just saw my own post., the log is there but not open, I had to click on file to open it, this is not the same as other logs I've seen on the fourm, how do I send log properly?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dad2 View Post
    Just saw my own post., the log is there but not open, I had to click on file to open it, this is not the same as other logs I've seen on the fourm, how do I send log properly?
    dad2, my guess is the other posters just copied and pasted the actual text (they didn't upload a file)

I looked at your log; the encoding is *really* slow. Underpowered PC? Slow or not,
    give the latest alpha a try, it had some work done specific to subtitles.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_alpha_beta/AVStoDVD%202.5.0%2...lpha%20120720/
    (Uninstall the old version and install this one)

The author, MrC, visits the forums frequently, so you could also wait for his comments.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by dad2 View Post
    Just saw my own post., the log is there but not open, I had to click on file to open it, this is not the same as other logs I've seen on the fourm, how do I send log properly?
    dad2, my guess is the other posters just copied and pasted the actual text (they didn't upload a file)

davexnet, thanks. PC is a Dell Dimension 4300, old with windows XP, seems to work fine when burning DVD's. When converting with avstodvd I may have set max bit rate to high, 6500, default max says 4500. May be underpowered.

I looked at your log; the encoding is *really* slow. Underpowered PC? Slow or not,

Will try the latest alpha and see what happens.
    give the latest alpha a try, it had some work done specific to subtitles.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_alpha_beta/AVStoDVD%202.5.0%2...lpha%20120720/
    (Uninstall the old version and install this one)

The author, MrC, visits the forums frequently, so you could also wait for his comments.
    Looking forward to hearing from MrC
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding this
    "When converting with avstodvd I may have set max bit rate to high, 6500, default max says 4500."

I believe this is a setting in preference/video ?

The program only uses this as way to determine whether to use 1-pass CBR, 1-pass VBR or 2-pass VBR.
    AVStoDVD always maximises the bitrate. It uses the table to decide which version of the encoder to use.
    For example, (using the numbers from the table), if the calculated bitrate is above 6500, it will use the CBR method,
    etc,etc.

Of course, you can always override the encoder choice on the Edit Title/Video tab,
    but the defaults are pretty good.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm reposting the log file sent to the list yesterday as an unopened file, sorry about doing that.

Also as Davexnet has pointed out the encoding is very slow, so could use some advice on this as well. Perhaps it has something to do with computer settings rather than avstodvd? I can encode the entire file again using avstodvd but given the amount of time it took doing it the first time I'd prefer to work out why it took so long so I can fix that first.
    Thanks folks.

START PROCESS
    <>

<8/4/2012 10:21:35 AM>
    PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 8099/8100 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD das boot
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\New Folder (3)
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 6500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 2
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 384
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): DE - German
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): DE - German
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A 1.72
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Display errors messages: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\Das Boot.mkv
    Info: AVC - 2554 kbps - 1280x692 - DAR 1.85 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 3:28:08 hours - 299426 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\Das Boot.mkv
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 3:28:08 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal
    Subs 1: C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\New Folder (3)\Das Boot_EN.srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\Das Boot.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\UNITED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\Das Boot.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\UNITED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,14,0,14)
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 7065.9 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\UNITED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\UNITED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\UNITED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 4746
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 50
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<8/4/2012 8:48:27 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot.m2v (7066.2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4779 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 3:28:08 hours - 299418 frames
    <>

<8/4/2012 8:48:27 PM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Documents and Settings\United Ireland\Desktop\Das Boot.mkv" -acodec copy "C:\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>

<8/4/2012 8:52:19 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot_1.ac3 (667 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 3:28:08 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<8/4/2012 8:52:19 PM>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    ANSI format conversion routine applied
    SRT fixing routine applied (0 lines fixed)
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "C:\DOCUME~1\UNITED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD das boot_0_Das Boot.srt" -p4 -i"C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Examples\VTS_01_1.I FO"
    <>

<8/5/2012 1:30:57 AM>
    ERROR DURING OPERATIONS ('Title 1 SUBS encoding operations start' Section): 0 -
    <>

PROCESS ABORTED.
    <>

Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.4.2
    <>
    Last edited by dad2; 6th Aug 2012 at 09:43.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

Does AVStoDVD handle .Rm / .Rmvb format ? Files of this type don't appear to be seen as valid candidates for processing by the program. (Maybe there is a way to force it, if that is not ill-advised ?)

That other program has a special "Real Media detected" and something about RM support being turned On, that then shows up in its lower-pane project log. Wouldn't this part of it be up to FFMpeg, which both programs have in common ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  18. @dad2

could you please send me (avstodvd@gmail.com) the subtitle (srt) file? Thanks.

@Seeker47

if you (your system) are able to open RealMedia using a directshow approach, then AVStoDVD will be able as well. Otherwise you may try with FFMpegSource as AVS Source Filter and cross your fingers.
    To add the rm file, just drag and drop it into the AVStoDVD source titles window.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

if you (your system) are able to open RealMedia using a directshow approach, then AVStoDVD will be able as well. Otherwise you may try with FFMpegSource as AVS Source Filter and cross your fingers.
    To add the rm file, just drag and drop it into the AVStoDVD source titles window.

Bye
    Hmmm . . . I think I normally play RM using one of the self-contained players: VLC, GOM, or MPC_HC, so this may fall outside of what you are suggesting ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  20. You can use GraphEdit to render the rm file and see if you get a complete decoding path for both audio and video. Or you can use 'AviSynth Frameserving Check' option from AVStoDVD.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @dad2

could you please send me (avstodvd@gmail.com) the subtitle (srt) file? Thanks.

Bye

MrC,

I emailed the srt file to you, wondering if you had time to check it yet?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  22. @dad2

yes, just checked. The srt is OK and I could convert it without problems. I would suggest you to:

- Open Windows Notepad
    - Load the srt file
    - Save it using ANSI format (the file is originally in UTF-8 format)
    - Open SubtitleCreator (you can find it under AVStoDVD folder)
    - Load the new srt file (SC accepts only ANSI srt)
    - Save the subtitles as SUP
    - Use the sup file instead of the srt file with AVStoDVD

Let me know

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @dad2

yes, just checked. The srt is OK and I could convert it without problems. I would suggest you to:

- Open Windows Notepad
    - Load the srt file
    - Save it using ANSI format (the file is originally in UTF-8 format)
    - Open SubtitleCreator (you can find it under AVStoDVD folder)
    - Load the new srt file (SC accepts only ANSI srt)
    - Save the subtitles as SUP
    - Use the sup file instead of the srt file with AVStoDVD

Let me know

Bye
    Thank you, your advice worked perfectly using it on another mkv download, this one had two video files, two audio, two srt subtitle files, I've had it for some time, plenty of tries no good luck - finally yes!

I found another post by you in response to someone else:

"Originally Posted by adyf
    What would be a nice touch to the program would be the ability to resume the project from where the subtitle processing failed or any other failed process, rather than having to start from the beginning again. Would this be possible?

It is already possible, even it is a sort of easter egg: if you delete the log file (i.e. DVD_0.log) but keep the elementary streams (i.e. DVD_0_Title01.m2v, DVD_0_Title01.ac3) then AVStoDVD will ask you if you want to keep or overwrite them. Of course you must use same DVD label and titles names."

I did a search for a .m2v file for the film I posted about a few days to the list (log posted), found two .m2v files for it, played both in VLC, first one had sound no subs, the second one had subtitles, I used avstodvd to make an iso file from it then burned a dvd in Imgburn, works fine, one of the better easter eggs I've had in a while!

Thanks again MrC.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I've searched several times and the fixes that I have seen have no helped. When simply trying to convert a mkv to dvd I can not get audio for the life of me. Works great for avi and mp4. I've used other programs that are signifigantly slower than avstodvd that make the conversion ok but with speed in mind I would like to run everything through avs.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please post the AVStoDVD log.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'll try to grab one tonight when I get home to post. Do you have any suggestion of setting I should use?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Possibly have found a solution, will post back on it soon
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,
    using the new Alpha, I attempted to "lock selected video profile for all bitrates" and it crashed with runtime error 383
    "text property is read only"
    Quote Quote  
  29. @davexnet

I cannot replicate. I could be a registry entry. Try to reset the registry key by using the 'Option'/'Restore Default Preferences' or directly deleting the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVStoDVD

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, yes I just tried it on a 2nd PC and there it's working fine.
    I'll try you suggestion and have another look.
    Quote Quote