VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 137
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. AVStoDVD 2.1.4 is available to download.

Change log

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added support to VCD resolutions (PAL 352x288, NTSC 352x240)
    - Revised (and fixed) SubtitleCreator profiles
    - Changed 'Video Lower Avg BitRate' min value in 'Settings'/'AudioVideo': from 1000 kbps to 500 kbps
    - Changed WAV audio encoder: from 'FFMpeg r14277' to 'Wavi 1.06'
    - Changed 'Fire Web' font: from 'Garamond' to 'Times New Roman'
    - Improved 'Save/Open Project' routines
    - Improved 'Clip Preview' section GUI
    - Improved 'Keep DVD compliant Video/Audio' routines
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.10
    - HelpMaker (software used to create Help Section) updated to 7.4.4.0

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for your efforts. I am finding that I am using this program more and more instead of FAVC and DVD Flick. It's batching ability alone is worth the price of admission.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im realy baffled, I have an AVI file that plays good in all media players I even checked it on AVIdemux, and it plays insync I used to use DVD flick to burn my AVI files onto dvd, but i would get out of sync DVDs, now im using AVStoDVD and Im still getting the same problem with some files that burn on DVD being out of sync this is the burn log to see if you can work out what is wrong <10/23/2009 3:47:42 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:47:42 PM>
    PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4435/4435 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: Static Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Documents
    eters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Documents\Azureus Downloads.avi
    Info: XviD - 1497 kbps - 852x480 - DAR 1.775 - 29.97 fps - Progressive - 1:37:12 hours - 174800 frames
    Audio: C:\Users\Documents\Azureus Downloads\XviD.avi
    Info: MPEG-1 Audio layer 3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 44100Hz - 2ch - 1:37:12 hours
    Subs:
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.19]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Video = AVISource("C:\Users\Documents\Azureus Downloads.avi", audio=false)
    #'AVISource' replaced with 'DirectShowSource' for AC3 audio support
    Audio = DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Documents\Azureus Downloads\.avi", video=false)

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    Video = Video.ChangeFPS(29.97)
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,0,0,-0)

Audio = Audio.Normalize()
    Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 4250.6 MB
    QuEnc Parameters: -i "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_.avs" -o "C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2_m2v" -b 6114 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 16:9 -nointerlaced -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:03 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2_.m2v (25.2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6209 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps - Progressive - 34 seconds - 1038 frames
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:03 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 128 - "C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2_.ac3"
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:08 PM>
    Problems encountered during Title 1 AUDIO encoding operations.
    START (BACKUP) AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Users\Documents\Azureus Downloads.avi" -y -vn -ar 48000 -ab 128k "C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2_.ac3"
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:11 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\User\Documents\DVD_2_.ac3 (0.8 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 128 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 54 seconds
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:11 PM>
    START DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
    DVD Menu settings: Style 0, DAR 0, Titles Format 1, Video BitRate 6000, Menu Pages 1, Menu Titles 1
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:15 PM>
    END DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
    Created File (Menu Page 1): C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MenuPage1.bmp (1 MB)
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:15 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_BatchMux.ini "
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -v "C:\User\Documents\DVD_2_.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2_.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -SEG2v "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MenuPage1.b mp"
    -SEG2vidmode 4:3
    -SEG2s1 "C:\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_Menu.sst"
    -SEG2s1dmode LB
    -SEG2hlmnu "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MenuPage1_Butto ns.mnu"
    -SEG2hlcsm "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Menu\Highlight_Scheme.csm"
    -hcn "C:\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_BatchMux.hcn "
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:17 PM>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Users\Documents\DVD_2 (26.5 MB)
    <>

<10/23/2009 3:48:17 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.2.1
    Please could you help it's driving me crazy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try running the original through this:

http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ghosthunter38, please do not double post. I've deleted the other topic. In the future if you want to move a topic to another forum, PM a Mod.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  6. @ghosthunter38

from the log file, things seem to be worser than you told in the post: both video and audio encoding jobs stopped after 34 seconds. Moreover standard audio encoders (Wavi/Aften) failed the process, leading to backup audio encoding (ffmpeg).

Possibile causes: input title is somehow corrupted (follow MysticE's suggestion to try to fix it) or there are some codecs issues (do you have good directshow decoders installed - i.e. ffdshow?).

A hint with AVStoDVD: before to start the encoding process, you can test the output with the Preview Clip section. If it works, it is very very likely that also encoding process will be successful.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Mystic I just wanted to ask when I go on the web page for AVI-Mux GUI and go on downloads which one do I download as there are different one's I haven't got a clue, also is there a demonstration of what im supposed to do lol as this is so complicated to me as im trying to learn, all these different things you have to do, it's like reading double dutch.
    thank you
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks MrC
    Ill try Mystic's approach as you said to try if it does not work then I will try ffdshow .
    THanks MrC
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to say thankyou I downloaded AVI-Mux GUI and it is brilliant, I also wanted to say as well, because i tried something else to, was when I burn DVDs with AVStoDVD instead of it automatically picking the options on how to burn, on audio I uncheck it on audio and choose MPEG 2 instaed of it automatically choosing AC3, and since doing that my DVDs have burnt off in sync.
    thanks again
    ghosthunter38
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question about the program. Is it possible for me to use a image as a menu on avstodvd? I would love to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, you can. Just open the 'DVD Menu Wizard', configure your menu elements, then go to the 'DVD Menu Editor'. Select 'Edit mode' and in the bottom of the form you can customize the background image.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for letting me know that. I Will be doing that on my next dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will AVStoDVD convert flv files? What file formats does it work with?
    Quote Quote  
  14. AVStoDVD can convert any file that can be opened thru a directshow codec. Using more simple words, if Windows Media Player plays a file, then AVStoDVD should convert it.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. AVStoDVD release 2.2.5 is available to download. With a brand new (very simple indeed) homepage.

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added capability to read Chapters positions from media file that contains that info
    - Added 'Use Source Chapters List' option in 'Preferences'/'Authoring Burning'
    - Added automatic VOB indexing when input files is a DVD info file (ifo)
    - Added possibility to demux Audio streams when processing multi Audio tracks titles
    - Added 'NicAudio.dll': an AviSynth plug-in to open MPEG Audio/AC3/DTS/LPCM and other uncompressed formats (thanks to Nic/Dimzon/IanB/Tebasuna)
    - Added Text (Subtitles) info reading using MediaInfo.dll
    - Added possibility to demux Subtitles streams (SubRip SRT and VobSub IDX/SUB format) when processing Matroska contaneirs with Subs
    - Added support to Unicode and UTF-8 text format for SubRip SRT Subtitles
    - Added support to MKVExtract (if already installed - not included in AVStoDVD Installer package) to demux audio and subs from Matroska containers
    - Added PgcDemux 1.2.0.5 to AVStoDVD Installer package
    - Improved video and audio demuxing in 'Parse DVD' section (now using PgcDemux instead of DGIndex)
    - Improved 'Title'/'Add Title' routine
    - Updated 'A2DSouce.avsi' to support NicAudio's filters
    - Updated AVStoDVD Homepage (migration from Googlepages to Google Sites)
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.25

Any feedback is welcomed, as usual.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for this release. I will give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, MrC. Your efforts are appreciated. Downloading now.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question about 2.2.5. I am converting a pal avi using the program but during the convert using hcenc it saids N/A for the bitrate. Is this Normal for hcenc? I havent tried a ntsc video yet using 2.2.5. I Like to look at the bitate of of any video to see what it is.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed AVStoDVD 2.2.5 yesterday and, though it indicated it found ImgBurn during installation, it gives me a "Warning! ImgBurn was NOT found." error when I start it, and disables ISO creation and DVD Burning. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both AVStoDVD and ImgBurn, but it didn't make any difference. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Wizard23
    I have a question about 2.2.5. I am converting a pal avi using the program but during the convert using hcenc it saids N/A for the bitrate. Is this Normal for hcenc? I havent tried a ntsc video yet using 2.2.5. I Like to look at the bitate of of any video to see what it is.
    It says N/A only when 'HCenc OPV 1-pass' encoding profile is (automatically) selected, because a predictive quantization mode is used. When using 'HCenc VBR 2-pass' you will see the bitrate value.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by mcfl
    I installed AVStoDVD 2.2.5 yesterday and, though it indicated it found ImgBurn during installation, it gives me a "Warning! ImgBurn was NOT found." error when I start it, and disables ISO creation and DVD Burning. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both AVStoDVD and ImgBurn, but it didn't make any difference. Any ideas?
    During startup, AVStoDVD checks if:

1. reg key 'HKCU\SOFTWARE\ImgBurn\InstallDirectory' exists
    2. the associated pathname (i.e. 'c:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe') exists

Please check if both these conditions are verified.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did verify the above and both conditions are true - weird...

Well, specifically, I have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn\InstallDirectory with a value of "C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\imgburn" and imgburn.exe does exist at that location (and nowhere else on my system)....
    Quote Quote  
  23. It is a matter of case sensitive strings. For some reason the author of DVD Flick has changed the default filename "ImgBurn.exe" into "imgburn.exe", thus AVStoDVD does not recognize it.

I will add a workaround to next release. Meanwhile you can rename the filename back to its original format, or reinstall ImgBurn using AVStoDVD installation package.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bingo - got it in one - thanks! I renamed imgburn.exe to ImgBurn.exe and it worked fine. It's funny, though, because I had already reinstalled ImgBurn using the AVStoDVD installation package, but that didn't fix it...

No matter - you figured it out - thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by mcfl
    It's funny, though, because I had already reinstalled ImgBurn using the AVStoDVD installation package, but that didn't fix it...
    It's probably because you should firstly delete the ImgBurn reg key and then do a new installation. BTW I'm glad we have got the solution.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Forgive me if this has already been asked...but why is it that some movies I record have a few spots where the movie seems to pause for a little then continue or I have to fidget with it to get it to work? I was using avstodvd 2.2.5 but have just recently downloaded 2.2.6. Is there something wrong with my settings? I record to NTSC and use windows 7
    Quote Quote  
  27. THanks for bringing us this application MrC!!!

Is there any tutorial i can follow?

Seems a pretty straight foward software

but im kinda confused on the video/Audio settings i should use for my movie...

( QcEnc / HcEnc / 1 or 2 pass / Bitrates & more :P )

thanks!
    Last edited by eskro; 29th Jan 2010 at 01:05.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by paragonheru View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been asked...but why is it that some movies I record have a few spots where the movie seems to pause for a little then continue or I have to fidget with it to get it to work? I was using avstodvd 2.2.5 but have just recently downloaded 2.2.6. Is there something wrong with my settings? I record to NTSC and use windows 7
    Well, it is time to use the brand new FAQ section that comes with 2.2.6!

Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.2

Originally Posted by eskro View Post
    THanks for bringing us this application MrC!!!

Is there any tutorial i can follow?

Seems a pretty straight foward software

but im kinda confused on the video/Audio settings i should use for my movie...

( QcEnc / HcEnc / 1 or 2 pass / Bitrates & more :P )

thanks!
    And thanks to you for using it.

So far no tutorial exists, but you can have a look at Help section. About your question:

Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.5

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Ok so,

is AD2Source usually ok as 'AVS Source Filter'

or should always go for DirectShowSource & FFMpegSource no matter what?

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  30. A2DSource is a sort of general purpose AviSynth source filter, that combines AVISource, DirectShowSource and FFMpegSource (in that order). For more details see here.

Forcing DSS or FFMS give sometimes better results when A2DSource takes the AVISource path, which very seldom can output stuttering playback.

BTW I suggest to leave A2DSource and switch to the others only when there are visual artifacts.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote