VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 137
FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. @Seeker47

what do you mean by NO multitasking going on? Video and Audio encoders (QuEnc, HCenc, Aften, FFmpeg) should have a good multithread support, at least up to 4 cores. With MuxMan, you cannot achieve multithread processing because MuxMan does not use CPU, but "only" lot of disk I/O activity.

@Ze Tomes and Bonie81

Thanks for the feedback and kind words. There's still much work to do...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

what do you mean by NO multitasking going on? Video and Audio encoders (QuEnc, HCenc, Aften, FFmpeg) should have a good multithread support, at least up to 4 cores. With MuxMan, you cannot achieve multithread processing because MuxMan does not use CPU, but "only" lot of disk I/O activity.
    I meant no other programs (browser, Open Office, etc.) are running concurrently here -- particularly any that might be CPU-intensive.

Another question: in CX2D there is a project setting for having all titles play one after the other, automatically, after the disc is inserted. It looks to me that your "Play All" button in the Menu template is sort of the AVS functional equivalent for that, but maybe the only one ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, I've been using AVStoDVD now and I'm pleased with the results =). However I encountered one problem. There's a particular batch of videos that won't encode. It just freezes at some point during the encoding process, and not even at the same file, so I'm not sure if the files are damaged. So I have to kill the process. Since I've noticed that the generated m2v and ac3 files are kept in the output folder, I was wondering if there was a way to tell AVStoDVD to "see" them, so I don't have to start the encoding process again, but "start from where it left". Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Seeker47

if you are not running any other programs, then low, medium or high priority does not make difference. About playing titles one after the other, simply do not create DVD menu.

@ju1ian

what kind of videos are giving you troubles? Do you have the possibility to upload one of them somewhere (i.e. mediafire.com)? About resuming partially encoded files, actually it is not possible.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. They are regular mp4 files.
    They are here:
    http://www.mcanime.net/descarga_directa/anime/detalle/kanon_2424_60mbmultiserver/31893
    I used the megaupload links.

I made three projects, one with episodes 1-8 another one with episodes 9-16 and one with episodes 17-24. I have already generated an iso for eps 1-8 and 17-24, but the three times I've tried to encode the second one, it freezes. Two times it froze on episode 15 and one time it froze in episode 12. It is really weird, isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I managed to encode all files. But not through the normal process. I mean, I had to abort. Now I have all the m2v and ac3 files. Are these of any use? Can I run MuxMan directly? Will I still get the pretty menu? (even if I have to do it manually, or something?) =)
    Last edited by ju1ian; 4th Jul 2011 at 01:16.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ju1ian View Post
    I managed to encode all files. But not through the normal process. I mean, I had to abort. Now I have all the m2v and ac3 files. Are these of any use? Can I run MuxMan directly? Will I still get the pretty menu? (even if I have to do it manually, or something?) =)
    You can add the m2v and ac3 to AVStoDVD as input titles, then create the menu and start project. AVStoDVD will keep the original files, if they are DVD compliant.

About the mp4, I will download and test them ASAP. I assume you have installed Haali Media Splitter, don't you?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes it is installed

I will try now adding the m2v and ac3 files as input titles, as you say. Thank you very much

Update: Almost there! It worked but the menu thumbnails come up all gray =/
    Last edited by ju1ian; 4th Jul 2011 at 13:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ju1ian View Post
    Hi, I've been using AVStoDVD now and I'm pleased with the results =). However I encountered one problem. There's a particular batch of videos that won't encode. It just freezes at some point during the encoding process, and not even at the same file, so I'm not sure if the files are damaged. So I have to kill the process.
    I had an instance of that recently -- quite rare in my use of AVStoDVD, especially in comparison to CX2D, where this was all too common -- and my strong hunch would be that this was a case of defective or non-compliant files. (Not sure how I'd go about proving that, and I doubt it would be worth the trouble, anyway.) This time, I tried the reverse of what I used to do, before I switched over to primarily using AVStoDVD: I ran the same project through CX2D. Version 4.x also choked and died during processing, which I kind of expected based on past experience. Version 3, which I've always had much better luck with, actually completed the project, and the resulting disc seems to play normally. How or Why ? This is just speculation on my part, but I think there might be some non-standard or non-compliant things that one program tolerates or lets pass in some video sources, but the other does not. (Another poster once flagged my running AMD cpus rather than Intel as a possible culprit.) In any case, I think it's not a bad idea to have more than one program you can throw at any given job.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A couple of nights ago when I tried to encode several .flv video clips, I kept getting the error message "invalid MPEG2 frame rate." The program simply would not encode any of the video clips. Kept giving the same message. I finally abandoned AVS2DVD and used Super to convert the files without a problem. The frame rate was 29.970 which is what I've always used with files that I've converted/encoded with the program before. I've looked at the log file but didn't see anything unusual there, but then I'm not an expert at this sort of thing. I've posted the log file below. Would appreciate it if someone will take a look and see if you can spot what may be causing the problem.

LOG File

<7/22/2011 00:19:02>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 553/4450 MB (12%)
    DVD Output Setup: MPEG2 File
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: H:\Video
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 8500
    Video Profile Level 2: 8500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 224
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 1
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt Bold
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: O: BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCIB
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: D:\Video Downloads\Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.flv
    Info: AVC - 0 kbps - 640x360 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 8:52 minutes - 15948 frames
    Audio 1: D:\Video Downloads\Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.flv
    Info: AAC LC - 0 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 44100Hz - 8:52 minutes - Internal
    Subs:
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.41]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("E:\DISK2_VOL2\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\Video Downloads\Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.flv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp", FrameRate=29.97, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\Video Downloads\Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.flv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)
    Audio = Audio.Normalize()

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 539.1 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_4_Luca s Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_4_Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE H:\Video\DVD_4_Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_4_Lucas Edwin (28 01 11) Part 184 - YouTube.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 8500
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 80
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<7/22/2011 00:19:45>
    PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <H:\VIDEO\DVD_4.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
    <>

<7/22/2011 00:19:45>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.4
    <>

ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  11. Could be a splitter/codec issue.

1. Have you installed FLVSplitter?
    2. Are you using a good directshow flv codec (like ffdshow)?
    3. If you have Windows7, have you installed Windows7 Preferred Filter Tweaker and removed Microsoft as default decoder?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    _MrC_,

Yes, I have flvsplitter in the AVS2DVD folder and ffdshow on Drive C:\. I am using Windows XP with SP3.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the FLVsplitter registered so that directshow can access it ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    davexnet,

I would guess that it isn't registered since I wasn't aware of the need. I just unpacked flvsplitter and put it in the AVS2DVD folder. How do I go about registering it?
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, issue a command similar to the following (substitute the correct drive letter and path) It will give you back a message
    saying it was successful:

regsvr32 "c:\yourpath\flvsplitter.ax"

This can be issued from a CMD window (may be necessary to run as administrator in Vista and Windows 7)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_.

A couple questions for you. I just had a project die during the subs encoding phase. It said to look in the project log for more info, but the log does not really give any, insofar as I can tell. (This has happened a few times before with other kinds of errors, where the log does not seem to really give any further clues.)

The .SRT subs file was the same name as the .AVI file, but now I see that it has some letters capitalized, instead of all lower case. Would that be enough to throw the process off ?

[EDIT: The work folder ended up with .M2V and .AC3 files, the logfile, plus a .SUP file of 0 bytes in size. I mention that in case it might be of some significance.]

I'm also going to ask again about the "Low Quantisization, Reconsider Your Settings" warning, because I failed to understand your explanation quite awhile back, when this came up before. (It seemed like you were saying I could ignore this ?) Anyway, there may not be much of an alternative. In this case, it involved a running time of just over 2.5 hours, with a source file res (Xvid, I think) of around 720 x 380. I had already set the project up for dual-layer, or 8.1G. HCEnc still objected, with that warning. What else could I do ? Set it for 8.8 and then split it out to two SL DVDs ? Or set it even larger, for a split to 3 discs ? I was going for the best result possible, so putting it onto one SL disc at 3500 kbps was not an option I even considered.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 27th Jul 2011 at 15:30. Reason: an added detail
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Incidentally, whatever was going on here, CX2D v. 3 had no problem encoding this, including the same subtitles. BUT, the PQ is clearly inferior. I had set it to output a custom 8800 size, but -- in that typical CX2D fashion -- it came out at around 4500, with their log saying something about 50 % occupancy. That is why their encoding algorithm bites the big one, and why I really wanted to do this DVD conversion with AVStoDVD !
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Davexnet,

Thanks for the info about how to register flvsplitter. Now that I've done that, everything is working OK.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Incidentally, whatever was going on here, CX2D v. 3 had no problem encoding this, including the same subtitles. BUT, the PQ is clearly inferior. I had set it to output a custom 8800 size, but -- in that typical CX2D fashion -- it came out at around 4500, with their log saying something about 50 % occupancy. That is why their encoding algorithm bites the big one, and why I really wanted to do this DVD conversion with AVStoDVD !
    See this earlier response from MrC - he points out there may be a small error with the SRT that
    subtitlecreator is choking on:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2080401&viewfull=1#post2080401
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    See this earlier response from MrC - he points out there may be a small error with the SRT that
    subtitlecreator is choking on:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2080401&viewfull=1#post2080401
    @davexnet:
    Thanks for that suggestion, which I will follow up on later. In the meantime, I had tried again on this project with AVS, making the following changes: 1) made sure that both file names (.AVI and .SRT) were identical, in all lower case letters, 2) set custom size to 9000, which per my default settings initiated use of QUenc instead of HCenc, with a resulting rate of about 7300 kbps, & 3) set the subs to be hard-coded. I don't know which of these changes was responsible -- the change of encoder would be my best guess -- but it worked this time. However, this left a file that was perhaps too large even for an easy division into two SL discs. I tried to have Fab 8 divide it up, but the program just froze and would not do anything with it. Sizes out of spec ? I wound up dividing it manually with SHRINK in re-author mode. It filled up two SL discs. Although these were set at "No Compression", I'm hoping this did not re-encode. Quite possibly it did, which may have undermined the better PQ I was after. I can compare this with the CX2D version later, which may help answer that question.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The avi and srt names do not have to be identical, perhaps better if they're not.
    If they're identical, you get the possibility of directshow (vobsub or similar) getting involved.
    AVStoDVD does not use dshow to process the subs.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Installed AVStoDVD 2.4.0 to replace DVDFlick. It does a great job authoring DVD's from AVI files, with (most important to me) perfect audio sync. However, I have one problem: 99% through the audio encoding operation I get "Wavi.exe has stopped working". If I cancel Wavi, MuxMan starts up, and the job completes successfully. Is there a way to prevent this interruption? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @Seeker47

not sure if you have solved all your issues. Have you? If not, post here the project log file of the last try.

@bilvihur

be sure you have installed good audio directshow filters (like ffdshow) and post here the log file from one project with that error.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

not sure if you have solved all your issues. Have you? If not, post here the project log file of the last try.
    Thanks. Yes, the alternate methods I described were successful, for that project. This suggests to me that -- in some cases -- if problems are encountered with one of the encoders, it may be worth trying the other one. It's good to have more than one encoding option available. This may be a rare (?) advantage of your program.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 8th Aug 2011 at 14:13.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used a workaround for the Wavi problem: http://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/forums/forum/700796/topic/4639273. Thanks for getting back.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bilvihur View Post
    Installed AVStoDVD 2.4.0 to replace DVDFlick. It does a great job authoring DVD's from AVI files, with (most important to me) perfect audio sync. However, I have one problem: 99% through the audio encoding operation I get "Wavi.exe has stopped working". If I cancel Wavi, MuxMan starts up, and the job completes successfully. Is there a way to prevent this interruption? Thanks.
    Originally Posted by _MrC_
    be sure you have installed good audio directshow filters (like ffdshow) and post here the log file from one project with that error.
    I just had the same thing happen to me on a project, using my still-installed ver. 2.3.3. There were two audio tracks, which may have confused the program ? I had selected the 2nd. one, which was the original language. I was not able to jot down everything that happened, but this was more like a freeze than a crash (?), at the Wavi portion. It may have reported 100 % done, but I'm not sure. First, I declined to send the crash report to MS, which is my standard procedure. After dismissing that window, I then canceled the "Aften window" . . . which also said something about "VFW invalid or inefficient B-frames." Just when I was wondering if I could still salvage anything with just the .M2v file (subtitles had been hard-coded o.k., and I could possibly do without the audio track), I noticed that the Muxman window was still there, though minimized. When I reopened the window, it resumed running, and I saw that it mentioned it was "guessing something about the language track." That's as much as I can recall.

Anyway, it seemed to go the rest of the way to completion. The standard DVD structure it produced seems to play o.k. in VLC. After it is burned to disc, I expect the film will play normally. Since the end result is what matters the rest may be academic, but I'm kind of wondering what happened.

I could post the project log, but it does not look that informative to me.

EDIT: @bilvihur, I just saw your Sourceforge post re a workaround, and will check that out.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Anonymous1
    Hiya.
    Not sure if its okay to post this question but I got a reply about icons, finding the answer would be in Help/FAQ/Q2.6. I can't seem to find the FAQ page anywhere, where is it located? Been looking at the AVStoDVD page, google, videohelp. Can't find it. Please help me with this, would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @getaman

- install release 2.4.1
    - open AVStoDVD.exe
    - click on F1 (opens Help file)
    - click on FAQ (left column)
    - click on GUI
    - read question Q2.6

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

Here's a minor question that I hope is not too obscure. Previously, you told me that the way to have continuous play of clips is to have No Menu. (CX2D has an option for continuous play even though there is a text-based menu, which is returned to after all the clips in a project disc have played.) But, suppose you had a lineup like this:

Title A.

Title B1.
    Title B2.
    Title B3.
    Title B4.

Title C.

In AVS, is there some way to have all of these titles be named in a Text Menu, yet still have the related "B-group" play continuously, as if they were one unit ? (I'm not thinking of some techie-tinkering with the likes of PGCedit, in order to accomplish this.) If not, is that a feature that could be implemented ?

I guess the "Play All" button could be considered a workaround, to get much the same result . . . .
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

First of all thank you for your great AVStoDVD software, it helps me a lot Anyway last time i'm using AVStoDVD 2.4.1 to convert 600MB of MKV file to DVD (NTSC - Default preferences), it took about 3 hours to complete, my PC spec are DualCore E5500 with 4GB memory. From your experience using AVStoDVD, is it too much time used for my PC spec to convert the file? Can you tell me your PC spec and how much time takes to convert a video file to DVD? Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote