VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 137
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. @Ze Tomes

do you have the possibility to upload the problematic mkv somewhere (i.e. mediafire.com)?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Ze Tomes

thanks for sharing all your experiences.

Bye
    Thank you for sharing your great useful creation!
    Last edited by Ze Tomes; 26th May 2011 at 16:05.
    true cyber-democracy lies in forums
    some sketches at flickr, tacting ideas at my blog
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Ze Tomes

do you have the possibility to upload the problematic mkv somewhere (i.e. mediafire.com)?

Bye
    May I give you the link?
    Last edited by Ze Tomes; 26th May 2011 at 16:03.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Ze Tomes View Post
    May I give you the link?
    avstodvd@gmail.com

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Greetings!

There's any way I can add more than 1 subtitle correspondent to a video file into AVStoDVD conversion to PAL?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Ze Tomes View Post
    Greetings!

There's any way I can add more than 1 subtitle correspondent to a video file into AVStoDVD conversion to PAL?

Thank you
    Use release 2.4.0

Title/Subtitles/Add Subtitles

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have converted a couple of NTSC 29.97 videos to PAL DVDs with AVStoDVD, but haven’t been happy with the results. Framerate conversion makes playback quite jumpy. Then I found this solution from doom9 forum:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67161

I tested it a couple of times, and the quality of the output is excellent. How about implementing this technique to AVStoDVD? That would probably make it the first (or at least the first FREE) all-in-one dvd-converter, that can do smooth NTSC to PAL –conversions.

JuMe
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Originally Posted by Ze Tomes View Post
    Greetings!

Thank you
    Use release 2.4.0

Title/Subtitles/Add Subtitles

Bye
    Thanks again MrC

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  9. @JuMe

thanks for the suggestion, I will take a careful look.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AVS.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	7047

AVStoDVD 2.4.0 doesn't work in Windows 7 (64 bit). Version 2.3.4 works though. When I install 2.4.0, there's no picture icons on top and side. When I select a movie file (avi), nothing appears in the 'Source Titles' window.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tried the portable version? Works fine for me on W7x64
    Quote Quote  
  12. MrC, I found an improved version of the NTSC to PAL conversion method:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114054
    It can also handle PAL to NTSC.

Thanks again for your efforts
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by djkilla View Post
    [Attachment 7047 - Click to enlarge]

AVStoDVD 2.4.0 doesn't work in Windows 7 (64 bit). Version 2.3.4 works though. When I install 2.4.0, there's no picture icons on top and side. When I select a movie file (avi), nothing appears in the 'Source Titles' window.
    It works for me (7 64b)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by djkilla View Post
    Did you unistall the previous release before installing 2.4.0? New release has a different icons management which can conflict with previous releases.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @_MrC_ - I completely uninstalled 2.3.4 before installing 2.4.0. I used the installer at http://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/home but it doesn't work properly. 2.3.4 installed and worked perfectly. Like I said I'm running Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

@Ze Tomes - Did you install 2.4.0 on top of 2.3.4 or did you do a clean install?

@KiwiKid - I tried the portable noinstall package and get the same results.
    Last edited by djkilla; 29th May 2011 at 10:00.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by JuMe View Post
    MrC, I found an improved version of the NTSC to PAL conversion method:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114054
    It can also handle PAL to NTSC.

Thanks again for your efforts
    Thanks again. Very interesting stuff. BTW remember that if you have a NTSC-film based (23.976fps progressive) source footage, then AVStoDVD already can do a smooth NTSC-to-PAL conversion using the AssumeFPS approach. See 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Use PAL speedup'. Audio is automatically resampled to be in synch, subtitles must be adapted separately.

Otherwise if you have an hybrid NTSC footage, you have to go with above scripts.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KiwiKid View Post
    Have you tried the portable version? Works fine for me on W7x64
    I thought the portable version was not recommended or supported by _MrC_ ? (Hope I got that wrong, because this would make a formidable addition to my pendrive arsenal.) What are the issues or limitations with this version ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by djkilla View Post
    @_MrC_ - I completely uninstalled 2.3.4 before installing 2.4.0. I used the installer at http://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/home but it doesn't work properly. 2.3.4 installed and worked perfectly. Like I said I'm running Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

@Ze Tomes - Did you install 2.4.0 on top of 2.3.4 or did you do a clean install?

@KiwiKid - I tried the portable noinstall package and get the same results.
    I installed it on top of 2.3.4
    Quote Quote  
  19. Greetings,

I got this aborted conversion with the 2.4.0 v installed on top of 2.3.4. Any clue for what reasons may be?

PS: this time I used 2 added subtitles, another version of the infamous file (previously in mkv format) and I added 8 files into the package of the dvd (2 subtitles / 9 videos) using v. 2.4.0.
    The previous conversion with the functioning video version (1 subtitle / 1 video) resulted perfectly (v 2.3.4.)

I think the abortion was made at 80% of the conversion

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Ze Tomes; 29th May 2011 at 12:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Made a discovery! Version 2.4.0 works perfectly in safe mode and all info is shown.

Views:	279
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	7068

But if I boot normally into Windows 7, 2.4.0 doesn't work and info is missing.

Name:	AVS2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	7070

I think there's a windows service that's causing 2.4.0 to not run properly. But if I install 2.3.4, there's no problems. Something changed between 2.3.4 and 2.4.0.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Ze Tomes View Post
    Greetings,

I got this aborted conversion with the 2.4.0 v installed on top of 2.3.4. Any clue for what reasons may be?

PS: this time I used 2 added subtitles, another version of the infamous file (previously in mkv format) and I added 8 files into the package of the dvd (2 subtitles / 9 videos) using v. 2.4.0.
    The previous conversion with the functioning video version (1 subtitle / 1 video) resulted perfectly (v 2.3.4.)

I think the abortion was made at 80% of the conversion

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    TRied 2nd time, it worked perfectly. The problem is not conected with version 2.4.0. Version 2.4.0 continues to work perfectly even installed on top of previous version and with more than 1 subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  22. @djkilla

as I told befrore, release 2.4.0 has a different icons management than 2.3.4. Unfortunately I cannot check the compatiblity with W7x64 because I do not have it. As a matter of fact, as you can see from readme.txt file, W7 is not "officially" supported by AVStoDVD.

@Ze Tomes

DVD menu clip failed. During menu design phase, did you get any errors? During menu creation phase, did you get any error message from QuEnc (the encoder used to create DVD menu)?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @djkilla

as I told befrore, release 2.4.0 has a different icons management than 2.3.4. Unfortunately I cannot check the compatiblity with W7x64 because I do not have it. As a matter of fact, as you can see from readme.txt file, W7 is not "officially" supported by AVStoDVD.
    Just wondering but why did you change the icons management? Every version of AVStoDVD has worked in Windows 7 64-bit but I'm guessing this new change to a different icons management is probably why I'm having this problem. Why change it?
    Quote Quote  
  24. The Installed version of avs2dvd 2.4.0 is working fine on win7 64bit here mate take a look, keep up the work MrC Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	7107

I'll also add that if the old vsn isn't uninstalling properly you should use revo uninstaller (it's free for 32bit programs and with limited features) to uninstall and scan for leftovers to remove before reinstalling.
    Last edited by dylz; 31st May 2011 at 11:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!! The Icons.7z in the skins folder (both Classic and Default) didn't extract the icons needed to render the skin. Here's screen shots after running the installer (same thing happen with the noinstall/portable file):

Name:	ico1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	7110

Name:	ico2.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	7111

After extracting each Icons.7z file in both the skins Classic and Default folder, I got the following:

Name:	ico3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	419.3 KB
ID:	7112

Name:	ico4.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	7113

Now when I open AVStoDVD 2.4.0 in Windows 7 64-bit, everything works exactly as it should!

Views:	246
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	7114

It took me a while but I found the problem. The Icons.7z file didn't extract in the Classic and Default folders. Don't know why but after manually extracting each file, it works perfectly!
    Quote Quote  
  26. @djkilla

with release 2.4.0 I moved from multiple .ico files to one single resource dll file, to improve icon loading speed and simplify the skins distribution and handling.

BTW I have left the .7z file containing all the original .ico files. But AVStoDVD does not unzip the .7z at runtime, it uses the resource dll. If the icons.dll file is not found, then AVStoDVD checks if there are old .ico files. That's why when you have extracted the .ico files, you fixed your issue.

There's still to understand why your W7x64 system does not support VB6 resource dll files.

I will add your workaround to the FAQ

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Ze Tomes

DVD menu clip failed. During menu design phase, did you get any errors? During menu creation phase, did you get any error message from QuEnc (the encoder used to create DVD menu)?

Bye
    I haven't tried using menu design in this case.
    A similar problem happened not by editing a specific video file option but he audio option.
    If the same problem occurs with de dvd sdesign phase I'll report to you

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_ --

When I'm running your program, it has my computer's undivided attention: NO multitasking going on. Therefore, I generally set whichever encoder is going to at least "Normal" Priority. However, I've noticed that the MuxMan phase seems to come up in LOW Priority as the default. I'm none too familiar with the other programs that run automatically, under the AVS "umbrella." Can I increase the priority for MuxMan, or anything else that AVS calls during project processing ? How and where to effect the change ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Greetings

Just to say Mr. C, you made a hell lot of a good program. Totally satisfied and the resulting movies quality is excellent.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  30. finally i got it working in TuX under WINE without crashing, may be its alsa or wine re-installation couples of days ago.
    v 2.4.0 looks much nicer
    thanks to the author.
    Quote Quote