VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 137
FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does your mkv have an embedded subtitle stream or are you using an external SRT?

With my test file with embedded subs I see this in the log, as it should be:

Code:
    <9/30/2021 10:04:18 PM>
    DVD CHAPTERS CREATION OPERATIONS
    Title 1 Input Chapters List: 3639 12295 19975 27241
    Title 1 Output Chapters List: 4548 15368 24968 34051 
    Created File: S:\Video\testfile_testfile_Chapters.txt (29 Byte)
    <>
    <9/30/2021 10:04:18 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
                          <snip>
    -cellfr "S:\Video\testfile_testfile_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "S:\Video\testfile_testfile_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "S:\Video\testfile_testfile_Chapters.txt"
    and it corresponds with the title edit/chapters tab
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a2d_subs.png
Views:	29
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	61070  

Quote Quote  
  2. Subtitles are embedded. I'm seeing something very similar to what you are in my "Chapters" tab
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should post the whole log
    Quote Quote  
  4. Fair enough. Here's the log. In this case, all three MKV files have embedded chapters & subtitles.

https://pastebin.com/raw/2Tdtjm5N
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by seanmcnally View Post
    Fair enough. Here's the log. In this case, all three MKV files have embedded chapters & subtitles.

https://pastebin.com/raw/2Tdtjm5N
    My attempt to recreate your scenario prior to you posting the log was inaccurate,
    didn't realize you had DVD spec mpeg-2 inside the mkv, so no re-encoding necessary.

I'll see if I can find, or create a similar file to attempt this myself
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's correct, in fact they're taken straight from other DVDs using MakeMKV. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not been able to reproduce the problem yet, but I do see you're running version 2.88.
    I would uninstall and update to version 2.89, there were a bunch of fixes in there.

Some other guy had similar problems last year
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398910-AVStoDVD-Is-Adding-Options-Without-My-Consent#post2596037
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i was trying to make a dvd out of some old stuff i downloaded and the video converts fine but when it gets to subtitles part i get a error its. Image
    [Attachment 61077 - Click to enlarge]
    I thought it was how the title is named so i renamed it and this error keeps coming up. These was mp4s with srt seprate subs so i muxed the sub into mkv. I cannot add srt with the mp4. into the program comes up error. How can i fix or bypass the error?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    Hi i was trying to make a dvd out of some old stuff i downloaded and the video converts fine but when it gets to subtitles part i get a error its. Image
    [Attachment 61077 - Click to enlarge]
    I thought it was how the title is named so i renamed it and this error keeps coming up. These was mp4s with srt seprate subs so i muxed the sub into mkv. I cannot add srt with the mp4. into the program comes up error. How can i fix or bypass the error?
    SRT is probably bad. It should be just clear text. Open it in Notepad and take a look
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks ok to me i do see , and music notes in the subtites will that stuff throw off sub workshop or whatever avstodvd uses?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Load the SRT in Subtitle Edit and see what it says
    Tools/Fix common errors
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I have not been able to reproduce the problem yet, but I do see you're running version 2.88.
    I would uninstall and update to version 2.89, there were a bunch of fixes in there.

Some other guy had similar problems last year
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398910-AVStoDVD-Is-Adding-Options-Without-My-Consent#post2596037
    Checked into this, not the issue. AVStoDVD won't burn chapters for my MKVs no matter what, even if I use the auto-finding chapters feature and ignore the ones already in the file. I updated to 2.89, no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I added a short video (5 minutes 15 seconds) and left the chapter creation at default. Wrote to ISO, which I mounted.
    Used MakeMKV to produce the MKV from the ISO, which I fed to AVStoDVD as the source and I see the
    chapter(s) were picked up and is working as I expected.

Can you provide the recent log, and if possible create a short MKV that has the prblem and upload that too
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Can you provide the recent log, and if possible create a short MKV that has the prblem and upload that too
    I can provide the log again if that will help, but I cannot provide the full MKV as it contains copyrighted content. I'm making these DVDs for personal use only, not distributing them.

I also can't seem to replicate the issue...if I create a new MKV file with chapters myself, it works fine. Additionally, if I remove the chapters from the MKV (which was ripped from a commercial DVD) and re-add them myself, it works fine.

So, it seems like there's an issue with the way the chapters are muxed on these particular MKV files.

I can show you the XML file that MKVCleaver gives me when I export the chapters. They look slightly different. Here is a working one and here is a non-working one.

Something to note is that, on the working one, each <ChapterAtom> tag contains within it a <ChapterFlagHidden> and <ChapterFlagEnabled> tag, as I've pointed out with arrows here:
    Code:
    <ChapterAtom>
          <ChapterUID>4720342913198446197</ChapterUID>
          <ChapterTimeStart>00:03:46.676000000</ChapterTimeStart>
          <ChapterTimeEnd>00:12:28.571000000</ChapterTimeEnd>
          <ChapterFlagHidden>0</ChapterFlagHidden> <-------------------------|
          <ChapterFlagEnabled>1</ChapterFlagEnabled> <-----------------------|
          <ChapterDisplay>
            <ChapterString>Act 1
    </ChapterString>
            <ChapterLanguage>und</ChapterLanguage>
          </ChapterDisplay>
        </ChapterAtom>
    Whereas the non-working one does not have those tags at all.

Code:
    <ChapterAtom>
          <ChapterUID>1804031295723516397</ChapterUID>
          <ChapterTimeStart>00:03:29.008800000</ChapterTimeStart>
          <ChapterTimeEnd>00:13:34.013200000</ChapterTimeEnd>
          <ChapterDisplay>
            <ChapterString>Act 1</ChapterString>
            <ChapterLanguage>eng</ChapterLanguage>
          </ChapterDisplay>
        </ChapterAtom>
    Could this be the culprit? I noticed that if you stop AVStoDVD mid-stream, and open the .m2v file it creates, it doesn't have chapters. So, something is happening when it is converted with FFMpeg. Is there a command line argument I can pass to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The m2v would not have the chapters, they're processed separately and handed off to authoring stage.
    Can you create a 10 - 15 minute clip as a sample? No need to worry about copyright in such a case
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hey Dave,

Here's a sample clip. Let me know once you've had a chance to take a look at it, and I'll take it down (not intended for public distribution).

At this point, I'm mostly just interested in what I can do to "fix" the MKVs so AVStoDVD doesn't have this issue. Let me know if you notice anything weird!

EDIT: Removed the link to the clip

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by seanmcnally; 24th Nov 2021 at 02:09.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK I got it, I'll let you know what I find

There seems to be something wrong with the video. Try re-encoding it in the project instead of using the stream as is.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 24th Nov 2021 at 01:20.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Huh, interesting. Any insights as to what specifically is "wrong"? Would rather not re-encode if at all possible.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Huh, interesting. Any insights as to what specifically is "wrong"? Would rather not re-encode if at all possible.
    I have not pinned it down yet, hope to have something more concrete soon.
    One thing that makes it difficult, but I'm hoping the clue is there somewhere, I am not the author of the code
    so I can only work backwards from what I see, like a detective. On examples where the demux and chapters work
    you see this:
    Code:
    END VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\davex\Videos\DVD_1_title_t00.m2v (441.2 MB)
    Ouput Video Info: MPEG-2 Video - 4992 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 29.97 fps - 8 bit - Progressive (TFF) - 12:21 minutes - 22217 frames
    <>
    and in your file where it doesn't work, this:
    Code:
    <10/1/2021 1:24:30 AM>
    END VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\Sean\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_movie1.m2v (1197.2 MB)
    <>
    where the line that says "output video info" is missing completely. Probably the author of the code could tell us
    what that implies, but have not seen him in the forum for a while
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you keep the demuxed video and audio and use those as the source,
    it works. I made a post in the doom9 forum about this
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    it works.
    Weird. Does it have to be demuxed by AVStoDVD? Lends further credence to this being a muxing issue...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    it works.
    Weird. Does it have to be demuxed by AVStoDVD? Lends further credence to this being a muxing issue...
    I dont think so, probably using something like MKVcleaver would work. If you want a2d to do it, set it up like this and they'll be preserved
    in the "DVD assets" folder from the preferences
    But you'll have to find another way to import the chapters.
    You could open the original file in A2d, save the chapter points in a text file then close the project.
    Load the m2v/ac3 and the saved chapters
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a2d.png
Views:	17
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	62010  

Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all

just had to do a complete wipe down on my pc and reinstalled this program and lavfilters,but when i load aavstodvd and try to update to lavfilters ,for the first time ever its throwing a fit and won't change over to lavfilters, says error codac not updated and stays on the crappy microsoft ones, any one have any suggestions on how to get the lavfilters operational, as never ever had this issue

how to i get it to give me elevated prival ?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tyson25 View Post
    hi all

just had to do a complete wipe down on my pc and reinstalled this program and lavfilters,but when i load aavstodvd and try to update to lavfilters ,for the first time ever its throwing a fit and won't change over to lavfilters, says error codac not updated and stays on the crappy microsoft ones, any one have any suggestions on how to get the lavfilters operational, as never ever had this issue
    This is probably due to an update in Windows 10. You could try this
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/Codec-Tweak-Tool

An alternative within AvstoDVD is to set the AVS Video and Audio source filter to FFmpegsource (preferences/Avisynth)
    and save the preferences
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it is a fresh install so no updates have been done since the fresh install, also when you get the pref up. you can't even change to ffmpeg as they are grey in colour and you cannot select that source at all. i have never had this issue in all my years of using it

how do i get avstodvd to run with elavated priv ??,as noticed it says running without elavated priv
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You right click the icon and select run as Admin.
    Put up some screen shots showing the greyed out items.
    Do you have Avisynth installed? Make sure to run the A2D installer, it should take care of it all
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @dave running with elavated priv sorted the issue out-thanks for helping me with that
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have noticed in codecs section ffdshow is still greyed out and installed everything as normal ,inc avi and since rrunning elavated priv i can change it to lavfilters, so now lav filters are selected as the codecs,does it matter that ffd is greyed out ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tyson25 View Post
    i have noticed in codecs section ffdshow is still greyed out and installed everything as normal ,inc avi and since rrunning elavated priv i can change it to lavfilters, so now lav filters are selected as the codecs,does it matter that ffd is greyed out ?
    No. Do you even have it installed?
    What version of Windows is this?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i installed it through the installer so it should be , as i have done nothing different than i have the many other times i installed avstodvd, so not sure why getting this tbh

windows 10 and is a fresh install and everything else is now sound
    Quote Quote