Page 134 of 137
FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4096
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by setup View Post
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    interesting, but how can you quickly check what color profile the source video is using? like through VLC media player or something else which involves minimal effort
    thanks
    The problem is that you really can't...

The two apps which analyze videos are MediaInfo and FFProbe. But they both can only report how the files are flagged in the MetaData headers. The rule of thumb has always been that SD is Rec.601 and HD is Rec.709. Most players will not even try to analyze such flags, instead they simply look at the resolution and set the colors accordingly.

It really gets complicated if your source is an UHD file with HDR (High Dynamic Resolution). Such files use Rec.2020 as their color profile, and ColorMatrix cannot convert this correctly. Converting HDR to SDR is not trivial, the color conversion is not just a linear function. Instead LUTs (Look Up Tables) are used, plus there are a couple of different conversion modes named after their inventors (Reinhard, Hable and some more).

This does not mean that it cannot be done, if you ever run into such a source just let me know (if you are adventurous enough to install AVS+ and LSMASH).

For your original question, the only way to make sure that your converted colors are correct is to make a test conversion using only a short segment of the source and compare the outcome with the source. Trial and error...

yes, what you say makes sense.

but anyway, the problem seems to be something different all together, rather than the type of colors a video file is using.
    the dull saturation is still present even if i ensure that avisynth is using colormatrix. maybe its a limitation of the DVD video format itself (mpeg2 i think?) but i hesitate on putting full blame on it.
    i really wish this was more simple. this is much more work than i want to do for DVD burning, but the colors do look noticeably different. im using various 264/265 video sources and the color difference is just too much for me to accept... i feel that hcenc 2pass could look better than this
    This can happen if the source is HDR (as mentioned above by manolito),
    because the program does not do the color map necessary for HDR > rec.601 SD conversion
    You can open your source in mediainfo, text view, and probably confirm the HDR there, or you post a clip to the forum

yes, i understand this. avisynth is doing the colormatrix from rec7 to rec6, i manually ensure avisynth is properly doing this from source files which i know are in rec7. but the finished DVD video color is still always more bland.
    what im thinking is that perhaps rec6 is just not as robust, or perhaps there is something else causing the issue. not exactly sure. but i definitely do feel some kind of color adjustment is needed. it would be nice if there was a simple and intuitive way to adjust RGB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like davexnet said, more info about your source files is needed. We need the MediaInfo report, and maybe you can also cut out a short segment of one of these sources and upload it...

It is quite unlikely that the encoder has anything to do with this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Like davexnet said, more info about your source files is needed. We need the MediaInfo report, and maybe you can also cut out a short segment of one of these sources and upload it...

bro im using RARBG 264/265 files...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM

There's no need to divulge that. Just get the mediainfo report for the file (text view)
    and hide the file name. It's as simple as that. Post it here
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

There's no need to divulge that. Just get the mediainfo report for the file (text view)
    and hide the file name. It's as simple as that. Post it here
    right, im purposely trying to avoid doing this. lets just assume that the majority of video files i have already tested have all been proper encodes of 1080p blueray media and are without a doubt in rec7.
    these are popular types of files which are widely known by others across the internet. but ive also tried other sources, and my results are all consistent. i ddnt wish to seem unappreciative of your help, i just dont believe in doing things which are almost completely unnecessary
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I can't see the specs of the file I can't help you, sorry.

There may be another way, if we start out with a known good rec709 file. Here's a test file,
    encode this in the program, set the output (button at the top) to muxed mpg and see if it comes out OK.
    Save the log file and the output mpg for possible posting here.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 7th May 2021 at 20:49.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    If I can't see the specs of the file I can't help you, sorry.

There may be another way, if we start out with a known good rec709 file. Here's a test file,
    encode this in the program, set the output (button at the top) to muxed mpg and see if it comes out OK.
    Save the log file and the output mpg for possible posting here.
    yes, ive cheked them myself. they are positively 100% rec7 encodes. and everything else about these files are normal too...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes, ive cheked them myself. they are positively 100% rec7 encodes
    How did you check this? Did MediaInfo report this, or do you have some other method to determine the color metrics of a video?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    yes, ive cheked them myself. they are positively 100% rec7 encodes
    How did you check this? Did MediaInfo report this, or do you have some other method to determine the color metrics of a video?
    Perhaps I do, are you perhaps doubting me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Perhaps...
    and why exactly must you doubt me? hummmm?
    you do not believe in 100% certainty?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello,
    I have a problem with contrast setting (AviSynth -> Colors -> Tweak -> CONTRAST): it accepts integers only (0, 1, 2, 3, etc.). "1" means no changes, "2" is to much contrasted for me. Then I try to type "1.2", it says: "Warning! Inserted value is invalid." It also means it is impossible to decrese contrast, since "0" gives black screen.
    The same situation with sharpen (AviSynth -> Enhance -> Sharpen) - integers only.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Works OK for me, are you using the latest release?
    Try a comma instead of a period (eg. 1,2)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Works OK for me, are you using the latest release?
    Try a comma instead of a period (eg. 1,2)
    I'm using release 2.8.9
    I doesn't work - "1,2" or "1.2" - the same warning about invalid value.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you running the installer version of the program or the portable ? If it's the portable version did you install the
    Visual Basic common controls?
    For the portable there is a BAT file in the install folder \LIB mscomctl_reg.bat (right click run as adminstrator)

Have you checked the Windows Language settings ? Just give it a glance make sure everything looks OK
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/manage-display-language-settings-in-window...a-dba919c52321

Any error messages on the main AVStoDVD window at the bottom?

Also, nothing to stop you editing the script directly - it will give a warning (turn red), that's all
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a2d1.png
Views:	27
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	58956  

Click image for larger version

Name:	a2d2.png
Views:	29
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	58957  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is your system locale?

Can you try to enter an integer number under AviSynth -> Colors -> Tweak -> CONTRAST and then edit the created AVS script and replace the integer with a float? E.G. enter "1" for the contrast and click OK. Then edit the newly created AVS script and replace "1" with "1.2".

The AviSynth tweak filter certainly accepts float values, so it should work as long as there really is a float value in the script. If for some reason this value is not a correct float number (like 1:2 instead of 1.2) then you will get such an error.

Oops, just noticed that davexnet was faster than me. But basically we are saying the same thing...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi manolito - thanks for chiming in
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have installer version. Warning apears after confirming (pressing 'OK') Tweak settings.

As for Windows language settings, it's Polish in my case.

I edited the script, the text turned red, but it works - contrast is changed.
    So thank you all for your help.

Name:	avs2.png
Views:	39
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	58959  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello,

AVStoDVD will not work with subtitles.
    There is no option to load subtitles within the title settings, and trying to load subtitles through the subtitle tools gives me a message saying the application cannot parse SRT subtitle files.

The subtitle file im trying to use is a standard SRT sub. I checked the file out, nothing seems wrong with it. It was originally encoded in UTF-8, but I also made an extra copy and converted it to ANSI. None of them work. I also have the same subtitle in other formats such as .sub/idx. There doesn't seem to be an option to load them within AvStoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

There is no option to load subtitles within the title settings, and trying to load subtitles through the subtitle tools gives me a message saying the application cannot parse SRT subtitle files.

The subtitle file im trying to use is a standard SRT sub. I checked the file out, nothing seems wrong with it. It was originally encoded in UTF-8, but I also made an extra copy and converted it to ANSI. None of them work. I also have the same subtitle in other formats such as .sub/idx. There doesn't seem to be an option to load them within AvStoDVD.
    Right click the title ...

Name:	subs.png
Views:	24
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	59106  

Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Hello,

Right click the title ...
    Ha, thanks.
    Quick question,
    when you load an idx file, do you also have to additionally load the sub, or will the application just do it automatically?
    Loading an idx without the sub works for me in VLC but i cannot test the completed dvd image in an actual dvd player, so im unsure.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

If the subtitles don't work on the DVD, especially forced ones if I'm doing a Japanese title, I found extracting the subs and then adding them manuall by clicking the gear wheel on the right of the AVStoDVD main screen, deselect "Auto Subtitles Setup" then choose "Forced" from the "Subtitles Extension" menu works everytime

You can use BluRay subs as well, but you need to extract them first as AVStoDVD struggles on auto. In fact, extracting subtitles for titles you NEED them on seems to work better than allowing AVStoDVD to do it automatically. Delete the title subs on the main menu, then add them again manually, as suggested above

I use that method and subs always work, but on auto sutitle processing its hit and miss if it will work

Two very useful subtitle software I have used is Subtitle Workshop for editing and conversion between formats or BDSup2Sub for editing and converting BluRay subtitles. Both are 100% free and not malware, adware, nothing ware and very easy to use and run from anywhere
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind i figured it out to get to accept. No help is need.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 11th Jul 2021 at 04:34.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I had just configured AVS v. 289 on a Win-10 box, with settings pointing to the LAV filters. On the first project attempted, it bombed out with an error that I don't recall ever seeing before. The video file was a pretty ordinary MKV, I thought, which would have gone to a standard, single-layer DVD size. Admittedly, it's been some time since I ran AVS, and that would have been on a Win-7 box. Maybe someone can explain what happened ?

[Attachment 60259 - Click to enlarge]

[Note: there was one of those 6 channel / 2 channel mismatches reported when I queued up the project, and I directed it to go with 2 channels.]

[Addendum: O.K., this seems to have worked out and amounted to a 'Never Mind.' I dismissed that screen above, thinking that AVS would probably just terminate, with the project being a scratch. Instead, it went to a backup routine using some other sound processor. (?) This went by too quickly for me to catch the details. At the end, the last report from AVS indicated a running time result that was 8 minutes shorter than what the source ought to be. But when I went to play that DVD result with VLC, it showed the full, expected running time. Moreover, there was no apparent loss of sync with speech, voiceover narration, or the hardcoded subs. The source was reduced from a Blu-Ray level resolution down to that of DVD, but as expected, and it looks fine. I don't know where that "4 GB worth of sound" from the error message figures in, or what the cause might be, but all's well that ends well.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 9th Aug 2021 at 21:01.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you run out of disk space? Post the A2D log
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Did you run out of disk space? Post the A2D log
    Not nearly: there is almost 2TB of free space available on that work drive.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did not want to duplicate a thread in alternate sections, but I think cross-references are O.K., so:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/403173-Subs-Overlap-Problem#post2631823

A different (or more relevant) set of viewers may find this here.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hey there, trying to burn a project from some MKV files that have embedded chapters. When I go to edit title, AVStoDVD can recognize the chapters from the MKV, but when I play the exported .iso file back in VLC, the chapters aren't recognized. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the log. I recreated your scenario, chapter skip in the ISO and a VIDEO_TS folder worked fine in VLC (3.0.16)
    while in MPC-HC (1.8.7), only the video_ts folder worked properly
    Quote Quote  
  30. Interesting. Here's what I'm seeing:

Code:
    <9/30/2021 8:33:14 PM>
    DVD CHAPTERS CREATION OPERATIONS
    Title 4 Input Chapters List: 930 4406 21818 40550 64944 80507
    Title 4 Output Chapters List: 
    No Chapters List created for Title 4
    <>
    Why wasn't there a chapters list created, even though I'm seeing it in the project file itself, as seen here?

Even going through "Preview Title", I'm able to jump through the chapters accurately.
    Quote Quote