VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 137
FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4096
Thread
  1. Thats why I was thinking maybe you should try remuxing this file in one of your other programs to fix the timeout issue, prior to (or instead of) loading it into AVS2DVD. Setting the video to passthru, the audio to some mild modification, and format from AVI > MP4 (or MP4 > MP4) usually does the job. Sometimes jumping direct to DVD Video conversion to quick-n-dirty repair a funky file introduces other problems, as you've seen (noticeable quality hit, subtitle sync drift). Chances are, a different approach might preserve the subtitle sync. Worst case scenario there are ways to re-calibrate the subtitles: I use Subtitle Workshop and experiment with its various timing adjustments. With your file, there is likely a major sub sync glitch right where it stops playing: with the repaired file on hand as reference, you can fiddle with sub timing adjustments from that point forward (assuming the subs are working in sync up to that point). It can be a slog occasionally with TV episodes (esp ones with uncompensated fades in/out of deleted commercials), but often the subtitles for movies just need goosing at one or two points to set them right. Good luck!
    Last edited by orsetto; 2nd Jun 2020 at 09:57.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    A while ago I consolidated my plugins into one single download. You may want to bookmark this link:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1814958#post1814958

At the bottom of this post you find the relevant download links.
    I have been using the latest 2.8.9 Alpha version since it came out, and IMO this version is as stable as it gets. It may even be the final version since MrC has not posted anything since June 2019.

Cheers
    manolito
    Hi manolito,

Was it Doom9 that I'm remembering as having had that voluminous archive of prior versions of software -- much more so than there ever was here on VH ? Does access to that still exist, or is their forum the last shard of Doom9 that remains ? It seems a bit curious to me if that is somehow maintained, though all other traces of it became extinct . . . . Or maybe I was thinking of some other site, that is also gone ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm still on 2.8.7. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. This version has been stable on my PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Was it Doom9 that I'm remembering as having had that voluminous archive of prior versions of software -- much more so than there ever was here on VH ? Does access to that still exist, or is their forum the last shard of Doom9 that remains ? It seems a bit curious to me if that is somehow maintained, though all other traces of it became extinct . . . . Or maybe I was thinking of some other site, that is also gone ?
    Yes, but this was a long time ago...

They had many tutorials and archived software versions, but this is all gone except for the forum. Doom9 himself (the person) seems to have lost interest, so the forum is in the hands of a small group of moderators and the guy in Sweden who maintains the server. But it works quite well, some sections are very active.

For finding old software versions the Wayback Machine (archive.org) is the place to go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    I'm still on 2.8.7. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. This version has been stable on my PC.

This is the version history with the changes after 2.8.7. If none of these changes are relevant for you, stick with the old version...
    AVStoDVD release 2.8.9 Alpha 190616 (June 16th, 2019)
    - Some bugs fixed
    - Added support to PGS BluRay subtitles
    - Added handling and display of MediaInfo BitDepth video tag
    - Added support to 8 channels audio source (Downmix.avsi script file updated)
    - Improved Muxing routine: better errors handling and switch to FFmpeg (instead of Mplex) when no audio source is present
    - Improved usage of FFMS2: now YV12 colorspace is always specified (A2DSource external AviSynth function updated as well)
    - Improved AviSynth program info retrieving routine (now using AVSMeter)
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.74.1
    - AVSMeter updated to 2.6.5.1 (2.6.5 modded release to improve reading speed)

AVStoDVD release 2.8.8 Hotfix build 190116 (January 16th, 2019)
    - Fixed AviSynth script bug related to tiles w/o audio tracks

AVStoDVD release 2.8.8 (December 28th, 2018)
    - Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Audio Peak Level Check' feature in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'/'Audio'/'Delay Audio' option
    - Added support to OGG chapters txt format (timestamps) in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Import Chapters' routine
    - Added management of 'Default=Yes/No' audio and subs tracks tags from MediaInfo, instead of assuming that 1st track is the default one
    - Improved 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Export Chapters' routine
    - Improved source chapters detection routine (now it works again for IFO/DVD files)
    - Improved handling of NTSC progressive sources with pulldown flags
    - MKVToolNix updated to release 23.0.0
    - MediaInfo updated to release 18.03
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.73.1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm on a brand new install of Windows 10 64-Bit Home (version 1909) and I can't get any video (only audio) when I go to preview a project in AVStoDVD
    My old install of Windows 10 (same hardware) did not have this issue.

I've checked to make sure LAV is set to default. I had FFDSHOW installed so I deleted (uninstalled) it. Still no luck.

Any ideas?
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
    I'm on a brand new install of Windows 10 64-Bit Home (version 1909) and I can't get any video (only audio) when I go to preview a project in AVStoDVD
    My old install of Windows 10 (same hardware) did not have this issue.

I've checked to make sure LAV is set to default. I had FFDSHOW installed so I deleted (uninstalled) it. Still no luck.

Any ideas?
    The program creates a script called Avisynthp.avs when the preview window is open, to serve the frames.
    You can check the script, it will be in the system temp folder, also look at the video specs in mediainfo, text view
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

can someone tell me why when converted to dvd this file keeps ending up with no sound- tried three different sources and all end up with no sound once converted to dvd-

dvd log attached below-thanks in advance
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tyson25 View Post
    hi

can someone tell me why when converted to dvd this file keeps ending up with no sound- tried three different sources and all end up with no sound once converted to dvd-

dvd log attached below-thanks in advance
    The log shows ac/3 + audio converted to ac/3 in FFmpeg (avisynth/directshow)
    The conversion was successful , as was the Dvd Authoring step (Muxman)

Load your project, at the top select codecs/built directshow filters graph.
    Do you get sound when you hit play?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when i click play nothing happens at all ?, the file has sound before encoding and have three different versions of the file and they all have sound before encounding but all have no sound after encoding
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when i click play nothing happens at all ?, the file has sound before encoding and have three different versions of the file and they all have sound before encounding but all have no sound after encoding
    the graph should look like this, and it should play.
    Try reinstalling LAV filters

Or modify the preferences/audio encoder back to wavi/aften and rebuild the project
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dat.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	54689  

Last edited by davexnet; 28th Aug 2020 at 14:08.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the graph looks like that minus the video decoder bit and when you click play nothing happens, also i originally used wavi aften and got same result of no sound after encode, i only tried ffmpeg to see if result came out with sound after encoding as wavi was not giving me any sound either

just reinstalled lav filters and that option now plays sound-going to re encode now-will update you on end product dave
    Last edited by tyson25; 28th Aug 2020 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @dave re installed lavfilters and issue was resolved.many thanks davexnet
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @dave re installed lavfilters and issue was resolved.many thanks davexnet
    Thanks for the feedback
    Quote Quote  
  15. AVStoDVD release 2.8.9 Final is available to download.

Change log from 2.8.8:

- Added support to 7 and 8 channels audio source (Downmix.avsi script file updated, thanks to Manolito)
    - Added Chapters section to Demux File tool
    - Improved log activity for DVD Menu section
    - Improved Muxing routine: better errors handling and switch to FFmpeg (instead of Mplex) when no audio source is present
    - Improved usage of FFMS2: now YV12 colorspace is always specified (A2DSource external AviSynth function updated as well)
    - Improved Seek Chapters routine (new "aggressive" mode added, original mode is now called "mild" mode)
    - Improved parsing of MediaInfo audio channels reading
    - Internal Preview tool is now used by default only if current OS is WinXP, Win7 or Win8
    - MediaInfo updated to release 18.05

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    AVStoDVD release 2.8.9 Final is available to download.

Change log from 2.8.8:

- Added support to 7 and 8 channels audio source (Downmix.avsi script file updated, thanks to Manolito)
    - Added Chapters section to Demux File tool
    - Improved log activity for DVD Menu section
    - Improved Seek Chapters routine (new "aggressive" mode added, original mode is now called "mild" mode)
    - Improved parsing of MediaInfo audio channels reading
    - Internal Preview tool is now used by default only if current OS is WinXP, Win7 or Win8
    - MediaInfo updated to release 18.05

Bye
    Hi MrC
    Seems there is a still a bunch of die-hard DVD users around !
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    +1...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Hi MrC
    Seems there is a still a bunch of die-hard DVD users around !
    Thank you
    Hi dave. Despite the very little free time I can devote to AVStoDVD, I still enjoy it.

Thank you so much for your support here for the past few months when I was wandering elsewhere...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. So I've made some .iso files with AVStoDVD, and I'm having trouble passing through text-based subtitles. Any time I add an .srt, seems AVStoDVD is converting it to an image-based subtitle (and messing with the encoding, doesn't seem capable of rendering the ♪ music note). I'd prefer to keep my subtitles text-based in the final output, is this possible?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by seanmcnally View Post
    So I've made some .iso files with AVStoDVD, and I'm having trouble passing through text-based subtitles. Any time I add an .srt, seems AVStoDVD is converting it to an image-based subtitle (and messing with the encoding, doesn't seem capable of rendering the ♪ music note). I'd prefer to keep my subtitles text-based in the final output, is this possible?
    text subtitles are not supported in the DVD spec.
    Have you tried converting to a picture based format outside the program?
    Look at Help/FAQ/subtitles for some suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  21. Is that true? Interesting, I recently ripped a DVD that gave me a SubRip S-Text file.

UPDATE: I think the difference is that what I ripped was considered CC and not subtitles. Can AVStoDVD mux closed captions in this way?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by seanmcnally View Post
    Is that true? Interesting, I recently ripped a DVD that gave me a SubRip S-Text file.

UPDATE: I think the difference is that what I ripped was considered CC and not subtitles. Can AVStoDVD mux closed captions in this way?
    See this response from am earlier thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395988-PAL-to-NTSC-conversion-retaining-Closed-Cap...ns#post2573799
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is a heads-up for everyone using my upmix routines from the Wavi_Mod plugin:

It turns out that I have been using wrong channel mappings for the final 6-ch output all the time. See this post and Tebasuna's reply:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1929900#post1929900

To fix it you can either download and install the latest version of my A2D plugins from here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z

Or you can edit the file "wavi_mod.bat" in your "AVStoDVD\Wavi" folder. You can open the file in NotePad and use Search and Replace. Search for
    "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\rear_left.wav" "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\rear_right.wav" "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\center.wav" "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\lfe.wav"
    and replace all 3 instances with
    "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\center.wav" "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\lfe.wav" "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\rear_left.wav" "%TempPath%Upmix_Temp\rear_right.wav"
    Sorry for the inconvenience...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  24. Any way to be able to support 3 different languages for subtitle tracks? I'm creating DVDs with English, Spanish & Korean subs, and I can't seem to have them labeled properly within AVStoDVD. The program recognizes them, but upon burning, it will always label the latter two as the same language (whichever is selected as "secondary" in preferences).

Also, I'm curious why only 3 languages are supported at once. Is it possible to support more? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Of course you can label 3 different subtitle streams with different languages in AVStoDVD. After loading the source go to the "View/Edit Title" option and select "Subtitles". For each of the recognized subs streams you need to uncheck the "Auto Subtitle Setup" option and then select any subs language you want. After editing subs track #1 you need to repeat this for the remaining tracks.

Why AVStoDVD only supports a maximum of 3 subtitle tracks I do not know. It was a design decision by MrC a long time ago, and I think that he felt that 3 subtitle tracks are enough... I do not think that there is a chance that this will change in the near future.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Trying to convert MP4 to DVD. Go this message. Media container and video stream have different framerate tags. Media container:29.97fps, Video stream:30fps. Which framerate should I choose?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IMO it will not matter much...
    Since you probably want the result to be at 29.97 fps, I would pick this. AVStoDVD will give this rate to the source filter which then makes sure that the soure filter outputs a stream at 29.97. If the source stream was at 30 fps then the source filter would drop frames as necessary.

If you pick 30 fps then AVStoDVD will include a "ChangeFPS(29.97)" in the AVS script instead of letting the source filter do the work. I think the final result will be equal. If the source stream is really 29.97 then the source filter will add some duplicates to reach 30 fps. The "ChangeFPS(29.97)" call will then drop frames afterwards. There could be a slight degradation because there is no guarantee that ChangeFPS drops only the duplicates which the source filter has added. This could be fixed by editing the AVS script and replace the ChangeFPS call with FDecimate2 or TDecimate with Mode 7. These decimators will try to remove only the duplicates if possible.
    Last edited by manolito; 19th Dec 2020 at 07:18.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

so after updating to the latest version of avstodvd,lav filters ,everytime i create a dvd with menu - the selection on the menu does not work so cannot play as there is no way to select each title- anyone have any ideas ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By any chance when you installed the latest AVStoDVD version did you overinstall it without uninstalling the previous version first?

When beta-testing the Alpha versions for the latest stable version I found this:
    I noticed that you overhauled the menu highlight colors. Also no problems, the only thing is for folks who overinstall the new build over an older build will have to reselect the hightlight colors to get the colors they want.
    AFAIK this is the only change to the menu creation routines compared to the older A2D versions.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i did indeed, i figured that out in the end- cheers for the reply
    Quote Quote