VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 137
FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I use manolito plugins with AVStoDVD to squeeze as much as I can out of the encodes, including the very helpful 5.1 audio upmix from 2.0 channel audio sources, but I've never managed to get the 2-pass ffmpeg to work

No matter what I change in the ff_vbr.bat it always uses 1-pass. Some say 1-pass is just as good as 2-pass especially using HCEnc but want to squeeze as much quality as I can from an encode to DVD for each scene and 2-pass does help adjusting the best bitrate for any given part of a project where 1-pass tries to do everything in one shot

What settings need to be altered in the ff_vbr.bat to force 2-pass ffmpeg encoding regardless of source bitrate. I think it has something to do with source bitrate being high enough to not need 2-pass encoding on trying to read the BAT script, but I want to force 2-pass regardless

SET Force 1-pass VBR=2
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=3

The above settings still only do 1-pass

Thanks

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forcing encoding modes in the ff_vbr script was added later as an afterthought. Before adding these forced modes the decision which mode should be used was made automatically according to the video bitrate and the HQ flag for FFmpeg. Now a specific encoding mode can be forced unconditionally regardless of the bitrate or the HQ flag.

The logic is like this:
    Since 1-pass VBR and 2-pass VBR are mutually exclusive, only one of them can be forced by setting the value higher than 0. If you want 2-pass VBR at Extreme HQ then the value for 1-pass VBR must be 0, and the value for 2-pass VBR must be 3.

With your settings
    SET Force 1-pass VBR=2
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=3
    the script will branch to 1-pass mode and never even analyze the second line. The branching works like this:
    IF NOT [%Force 1-pass VBR%==[0 GOTO 1pass
    IF NOT [%Force 2-pass VBR%==[0 GOTO 2pass

Do you think I should change the logic so if 2-pass has a value other than 0 then 2-pass should always have priority over 1-pass no matter if the value for 1-pass is not 0? I am not sure if this would be more intuitive for the users...

In case you want to try it just edit the batch file and search for the branching commands. Then just reverse the order of these 2 lines so the 2-pass decision comes first.
    Last edited by manolito; 29th Sep 2019 at 11:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Forcing encoding modes in the ff_vbr script was added later as an afterthought. Before adding these forced modes the decision which mode should be used was made automatically according to the video bitrate and the HQ flag for FFmpeg. Now a specific encoding mode can be forced unconditionally regardless of the bitrate or the HQ flag.

The logic is like this:
    Since 1-pass VBR and 2-pass VBR are mutually exclusive, only one of them can be forced by setting the value higher than 0. If you want 2-pass VBR at Extreme HQ then the value for 1-pass VBR must be 0, and the value for 2-pass VBR must be 3.

With your settings
    SET Force 1-pass VBR=2
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=3
    the script will branch to 1-pass mode and never even analyze the second line. The branching works like this:
    IF NOT [%Force 1-pass VBR%==[0 GOTO 1pass
    IF NOT [%Force 2-pass VBR%==[0 GOTO 2pass
    Do you think I should change the logic so if 2-pass has a value other than 0 then 2-pass should always have priority over 1-pass no matter if the value for 1-pass is not 0? I am not sure if this would be more intuitive for the users...

In case you want to try it just edit the batch file and search for the branching commands. Then just reverse the order of these 2 lines so the 2-pass decision comes first.

That makes sense if you think about it, I just assumed setting both to the highest values would force 2-pass encoding regardless

I did try editing the BAT file to jump over 1-pass encoding and always goto 2-pass encoding, but could never get it to work as I expected
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You probably broke something in the batch script while trying to force 2-pass...

I uploaded the latest ff_vbr script with the only change that now 2-pass VBR gets precedence over 1-pass if both modes are forced simultaneously. And I tested it, it works as expected... Just extract the batch file into your AVStoDVD\FFmpeg folder overwriting the existing file.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by manolito; 29th Sep 2019 at 22:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    You probably broke something in the batch script while trying to force 2-pass...

I uploaded the latest ff_vbr script with the only change that now 2-pass VBR gets precedence over 1-pass if both modes are forced simultaneously. And I tested it, it works as expected... Just extract the batch file into your AVStoDVD\FFmpeg folder overwriting the existing file.

Thanks for that, looking at your changes it looks easy now but I didn't realise each pass had its own 2-pass switch
    Quote Quote  
  6. hi MrC, outstanding program!

What should I do to enable an AVStoDVD DVD to play in an older DVD player? The disc works great in our BluRay player... but in the DVD player it always has never played the DVD and instead reports that it is dirty. It's not dirty. And our old DVD player isn't broken bc it works flawlessly with professional DVDs.

I'm thinking that there must be some sort of delay or extra space that should be written in front of the dvd code for it to work in our old DVD player. Am I correct? Regardless, could you help me solve this problem?

My dad bought a new 4K/HD video camera and it's important that the DVDs created work in old DVD players.

Thank you MrC for this incredible work; it's wonderful!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Simplest solution is get another DVD player from a thrift store, they are like $20. You can bring a DVD to test it there. Also use quality discs like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's a Verbatim DVD+R DL. Hmm... maybe our DVD player will only work with DVD-R? I'll research that.

Thank you for your reply digicube.

edit: the DL was set up correctly in the DISC size menu. (DVD-9)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by icypawn View Post
    It's a Verbatim DVD+R DL. Hmm... maybe our DVD player will only work with DVD-R? I'll research that.

Thank you for your reply digicube.

edit: the DL was set up correctly in the DISC size menu. (DVD-9)
    DVD+R are very picky in most DVD players, as you've found out

DVD-R are much more compatible and should play is almost any DVD player, but some branded DVD players are very very select in what they play. Even original shop bought DVD can refuse to play in some brands. Sony are well know for being very paranoid in disc types

As suggested, the cheap lower end DVD players will play pretty much anything you put in it, even really rubbish quality DVD-R media will play in the cheaper DVD players

I personally have issues with DVD+R not playing but DVD-R very rarely fail to play on any DVD player, either a bad burn is the likely culprit or using cheap media. If you pay $10 for a 100 spindle DVDs there is a very good reason why its so cheap. I buy mid-range DVDs and a bad burn might be 1 in 50

Also burn speed makes a BIG difference. Burn too fast and you may get problems such as stuttering or random pauses or even just stop and refuse to play at all. I burn x8 and no faster and never had any issues. Slow burn speeds give more time to write the disc and reduce the risk of bad burns. Burn quality is better than burn speed. It may take longer but better than having to burn it again

ISOBurn is probably one of the best burn software on the market, even though its years old and hasn't been updated in a considerable time. Its accurate and concentrates on quality and making the DVD burn as correct as possible, which again helps reduce playback issues
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thank you for your reply steptoe! hmm... I found out that older DVD players, that were built before DVD+Rs were around, have problems playing a DVD+R. To work around this we need to apply bitsetting to our DVD burner drive so that burned DVD+Rs can be seen as DVD-ROM instead of DVD+R.

DVD-R discs don't have this needing-to-be-bitset problem. Read about bitsetting. (<starts in middle of linked videohelp post)

Our PLDS DU-8A5LH DVD burner doesn't seem to be a drive that supports bitsetting, at least when using ImgBurn, so we will have to use DVD-R DL discs. That was easy.

edit: here is how to bitset using ImgBurn (in order for ImgBurn's Tools>Drive option to be active I inserted the DVD+R DL disc that had been used...)
    Last edited by icypawn; 16th Oct 2019 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Problem may be dual layers, maybe your DVD player can only play single layer DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Problem may be dual layers, maybe your DVD player can only play single layer DVD-R.
    Nope, bc, from what I've read, all DVD players support dual layer. How could 2+ hour long high quality DVD movies be made with only single layer... doesn't make sense to conversations I've read. And that doesn't make sense to me too.
    Quote Quote  
  13. i don’t think dual layer dvd-r exists. i’ve never purchased one before. Stamped commercial DVD-9 is different from recordable DVD-9.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    i don’t think dual layer dvd-r exists. i’ve never purchased one before. Stamped commercial DVD-9 is different from recordable DVD-9.
    hmm... can't find dvd-r DL for purchase. Thank you digicube for helping me to learn that.

Guess we'll have to see if it's possible to buy a dvd burner, by a company on the list in ImgBurn, that is bitset-able.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have switched off the auto video stup and set the HCenc advanced option to default to profile "BEST" but whenever the job window is opened it is shown in the info during the encode process that the profile is "FAST". What gives?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another thing; I have set the max bitrate to 8000 in the general preferences and saved it, but it keeps changing to 9000 in the HCenc project setting whenever I change sth at the AUDIO project tab.

After changing sth at the audio section and checking back the video tab, the max bit rate is not at 8000 but at 9000. And it is greyed out at 9000 and cannot change it back, though I have switched off the auto video setup and auto bitrate calculation, it is still greyed out.

And later at the HCenc job window it's also shown that the max bitrate is at the 9000
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also this: in general preferences I have set the audio to default to AC3. But whenever starting a new project, the audio settings on the project tab are changed to WAV.

And that is what is connected with the thing in the previous post. I have to switch off the auto audio setup and set it back to AC3 manually, and after that the max video bitrate is changed to 9000, contrary to what is being seet in the general settings and kept at first upon loading the video in the new project. That is, kept until I change the audio settings to AC3 (as set in the general preferences but not respected for the audio part of the loaded project).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry but I cannot reproduce any of your issues...

The only way I can think of to ignore the selected HCenc profile is if you are using my HCenc_mod plugin and have a different setting for the profile in the file "UserParams.txt". Please post your HC.INI file.

You cannot set the max bitrate in the general preferences. You can only set the Max Average Bitrate there. The only way to set the max bitrate is to use regedit and edit the max bitrate setting under HKCU/Software/AVStoDVD.

And if the audio format is not what you have specified under preferences then you have probably specified to keep DVD compliant audio. If your source has WAV audio then it will be kept (because it is compliant). So you need to uncheck the "Keep compliant audio" option under preferences.

You should really take the time and study the included documentation. I am quite sure that you can solve all your issues by reading the doc.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where is HC.ini file?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I have solved two issues. Changed the registry value and switched off the "keep MPEG2 complient" for audio. Now it defaults to max bitrate in the video 8000 and also to AC3 in the project audio tab. But the "fix demuxed AC3 erros" is greyed out in both cases, with or without keep complient audio, just noticed it. What about that?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry can't find the HC.ini, it is not in the HC folder. Yes I have your mod.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In userparams.txt is this:

*PROFILE FAST
    *PROFILE BEST

Matrix Fox New
    *CUSTOMMATRIX
    8 8 9 9 10 10 11 11
    8 9 9 10 10 11 11 12
    9 9 10 10 11 11 12 12
    9 10 10 11 11 12 13 13
    10 10 11 11 12 13 13 14
    10 11 11 12 13 13 14 15
    11 11 12 13 13 14 15 15
    11 12 12 13 14 15 15 16

8 8 9 9 10 10 11 11
    8 9 9 10 10 11 11 12
    9 9 10 10 11 11 12 12
    9 10 10 11 11 12 13 13
    10 10 11 11 12 13 13 14
    10 11 11 12 13 13 14 15
    11 11 12 13 13 14 15 15
    11 12 12 13 14 15 15 16
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind, I have deleted the mod and reverted to the original HCenc. exe. I have the BEST profile again. The only thing left unsolved is why the "fix demuxed AC3 erros" option is greyed out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, some progress...

When reducing the max bitrate to 8000 in the Registry I sure hope that you know what you are doing (there is a reason that this setting is hidden in the Registry). For VBR encodes it is absolutely necessary that the max average bitrate is below the max bitrate by at least a few hundred kbps. So with a max rate of 8000 the average bitrate should not be higher than about 7800 or even lower. This is how VBR encodes work, you better read up about the VBR method.

The option "Fix demuxed AC3 errors" is only active if the source file really has AC3 audio AND the option to keep DVD compliant audio is checked.

Are you sure about your "userparams.txt" file? I think that you do not have a space character in front of the "*PROFILE FAST" line. A line in HC.INI is only active if the "*" is the first character in this line. Putting a space character in front of it will comment this line out. Read the HCenc doc...

The HC.INI file will only be kept if you unchecked the options to delete the A2D assets and the worker files in the A2D main window. But the content of the HC.INI is also present in the AVStoDVD.log file.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a space, just got lost in block quote here.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hello!

I have a problem with AVStoDVD and true 24 fps files: Since the DVD spec is 23.976 fps, 1 frame at every 1000 gets dropped in the encode. This behavior is to be expected, however, I would want my 24 fps files to be automatically slowed down to 23.976 fps so that no frame gets dropped in the DVD encode.

There is already an option that is similar in function: "Use PAL SpeedUp for progressive NTSC-film to PAL" and "Use NTSC SpeedDown for progressive PAL to NTSC".

Could you add a "Use NTSC-film SpeedDown for true 24p to NTSC" option that does the proper speed down?

Thanks alot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi elcoyote,

I believe that this is a non-issue...

The DVD standard for NTSC video is NOT 23.976, it is 29.97 instead. A frame rate of 23.976 or 24 is only compliant if pulldown flags (RFF flags, aka soft telecine) are added to the encoded video stream. AVStoDVD does this automatically using DGPulldown (or HCenc pulldown).

For a 24 fps source AVStoDVD does not drop any frames, it just uses a different pattern of RFF flags to bring the presentation frame rate up to 29.97. This is different from the "regular" 3:2 pulldown, but nobody will ever be able to see the difference.

If you really think that only the standard 3:2 pulldown will do it for you, there is an easy workaround in AVStoDVD which allows you to slow down your 24 fps source to 23.976 fps first and then apply the standard 3:2 pulldown:

In the AVStoDVD settings make sure that NTSC slowdown is checked. Load your 24 fps source into AVStoDVD, then right-click on the input title and click "Edit Source Title Info -> Video FrameRate". Change the fps from 24 to 25.

This will slow down your source from 24 to 23.976 and apply the standard 3:2 pulldown to the encoded video stream. I do not believe that it makes any sense, though...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hello Everyone,

I have AVStoDVD 2.8.8 installed as well as all of the required software such as AVIsynth etc. I have created a DVD with a menu that has 3 video files as well as background music that plays. I have the menu set to run for the default 15 seconds with motion thumbnails. When trying to do a full preview of the DVD menu or create the end ISO to burn, I keep getting an error like so:
    Code:
    [avisynth @ 040651a0] GetFrameBuffer: Retruned a VFB with a 0 data pointer!
    size=12441664, max=536870912, used=199508416, free=81342464, phys=3205844992
    I think ywe have run out of memory folks!
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Menu_PanuPages1.avs: Unknown error occurred
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalled the latest version of ffdshow as well as avisynth and still get the same error. I have tried doing everything I can to no avail. Please someone help me so I can finish my Veterans day dvd for my kids and friends.
    Code:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	8.00 GB
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

EDIT: I have tried uninstalling ffdshow and installing lavfilters and I still get errors. I even set the preferred DirectShow codec settings like in the help file.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	graph.png
Views:	44
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	50824  

Last edited by RejectedManiac; 8th Nov 2019 at 19:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RejectedManiac View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have AVStoDVD 2.8.8 installed as well as all of the required software such as AVIsynth etc. I have created a DVD with a menu that has 3 video files as well as background music that plays. I have the menu set to run for the default 15 seconds with motion thumbnails. When trying to do a full preview of the DVD menu or create the end ISO to burn, I keep getting an error like so:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Menu_PanuPages1.avs: Unknown error occurred
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalled the latest version of ffdshow as well as avisynth and still get the same error. I have tried doing everything I can to no avail. Please someone help me so I can finish my Veterans day dvd for my kids and friends.
    Code:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    EDIT: I have tried uninstalling ffdshow and installing lavfilters and I still get errors. I even set the preferred DirectShow codec settings like in the help file.

Post the log file, it should show where the encode stops

Did you use HCEnc or FFMPEG as the encoder

Having a look, somebody else had the exact problem and the suggestion was avisynth was running out of memory after the encode worked fine on their previous computer and this only happened after moving to a more powerful system

Try adding SetMemoryMax(2048) in your AviSynth script as the very first line. Its far more thyan avisynth can handle bu some filters are very memory intensive (assuming you're using filters via avisynth). Click on the avisynth tab in your prject and untick the auto avisynth script option to enable manual editing

Also, if this still doesn't work, have a look at avisynth+. Its come a long way and is multi-threaded and now works perfectly with AvstoDVD and might have a few fixes

https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases/download/v3.4.0/AviSynthPlus_3.4.0_20191020.exe

Just double-click the installer and install to defaults. It should work perfectly as avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Originally Posted by RejectedManiac View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Code:
    Code:
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Post the log file, it should show where the encode stops

Did you use HCEnc or FFMPEG as the encoder

Having a look, somebody else had the exact problem and the suggestion was avisynth was running out of memory after the encode worked fine on their previous computer and this only happened after moving to a more powerful system

Try adding SetMemoryMax(2048) in your AviSynth script as the very first line. Its far more thyan avisynth can handle bu some filters are very memory intensive (assuming you're using filters via avisynth). Click on the avisynth tab in your prject and untick the auto avisynth script option to enable manual editing

Also, if this still doesn't work, have a look at avisynth+. Its come a long way and is multi-threaded and now works perfectly with AvstoDVD and might have a few fixes

https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases/download/v3.4.0/AviSynthPlus_3.4.0_20191020.exe

Just double-click the installer and install to defaults. It should work perfectly as avisynth
    I used FFMPEG as the encoder.

It doesn't show where the encoding error is in the log unfortunately. When creating the ISO I see the error in my CMD prompt and goes to the next task. It still creates the ISO successfully, but when I watch the ISO it's all messed up. I see the menu for a split second, skips it and plays the first video. It shouldn't do that because I didn't force the 'Play All' button. If I hit next to go to the 2nd video it stops and says cannot render file. Is there an avisynth log I can include? I happened to get a screenshot of the error right when it errors out and moves on to the next tasks that I will include.

I did see the guy with the same problem with me yesterday and I haven't made any changes to my system. I saw that post was from like 2012 and he was only running 2 gigs of ram. I would think 8 gigs of ram would be quite good compared to then. I've actually used AVStoDVD on this system for about 3 years with no hardware changes perfectly fine. A year passed and now I need it again and here we are not working. The only thing that would have changed about my system is OS updates and a newer version of AVStoDVD.

Under the avisynth settings for my project I don't see the option to untick auto avisynth script. I've included a screenshot.

I actually have the latest avisynth+ installed with default settings in the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+) and that's what I'm using avisynth+ 0.1 (r1576). I tried it with avisynth and got the error so I upgraded to avisynth+ and get the same error.

PS. I even tried uninstalling ffdshow and installing the LAV filters with the suggested settings. When encoding that I get another error that I'm not able to see and also fails. I've included a screen shot at the very bottom exactly where it fails and says "Warning! Errors during DVD Menu generation"

Code:
    <11/8/2019 6:05:54 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 3
    DVD Size: 540/4450 MB (12%)
    DVD Output Setup: ISO UDF Image
    DVD Label: Veterans Day Program 11-8-19
    DVD Menu: Motion Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Admin\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 0
    FPS Hard Conversion: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    NTSC SlowDown: 0
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video Encoder: 2
    Video BitRate Min: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 9000
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S 1.03
    DVD Burning Speed: 8x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie Library: 1
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    Operating System: Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64 bit
    User has Admin Rights: YES
    Running with Elevated Privileges: NO (1)
    Available Output Disc Space: 185 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.6.0)
    LAV Filters is installed: NO
    ffdshow is installed: YES (release 1.3.4532)

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: ffdshow Video Decoder
    Xvid: ffdshow Video Decoder
    DivX 4/5/6: ffdshow Video Decoder
    Other MPG4: ffdshow Video Decoder
    DV: ffdshow Video Decoder
    MPEG1: ffdshow Video Decoder
    MPEG2: ffdshow Video Decoder
    AAC: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    MP3: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    MP2: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    AC3: No Preferred Filter set
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\3VID_20191108_094021.mp4
    Info: AVC - 41972 kbps - 3840x2160 - DAR 16:9 - 30.089 fps (VFR) - Progressive - 3:35 minutes - 6463 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\3VID_20191108_094021.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 96 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 3:35 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    [MediaInfoLib - v18.03.1]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\3VID_20191108_094021.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=true, FrameRate=30.089)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\3VID_20191108_094021.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)
    Video = Video.ChangeFPS(29.97)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

DIRECTSHOW AUDIO MIXER OPERATIONS:
    No ffdshow mixer ON/OFF adjustment required at runtime
    No ffdshow mixer SETTING adjustment required at runtime
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 225.7 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 8808
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 90
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY HIGH
    *DBPATH  C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:16:25 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource - DSS2 mod (system default)
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag.m2v (196.9 MB)
    Ouput Video Info: MPEG-2 Video - 7691 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 29.97 fps - Progressive (TFF) - 3:35 minutes - 6436 frames
    Avg Video Encoding Speed: 10.4 fps
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:16:25 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag_1.ac3"
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:17:16 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Audio Source Filter: A2DSource - DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag_1.ac3 (4.9 MB)
    Output Audio Info: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 3:35 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

TITLE 2 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\4VID_20191108_095928.mp4
    Info: AVC - 41963 kbps - 3840x2160 - DAR 16:9 - 30.081 fps (VFR) - Progressive - 2:45 minutes - 4970 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\4VID_20191108_095928.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 96 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:45 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\4VID_20191108_095928.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=true, FrameRate=30.081)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\4VID_20191108_095928.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

<>

Target Video FileSize: 173.2 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 8808
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 90
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY HIGH
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:24:46 PM>
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers.m2v (164.5 MB)
    Ouput Video Info: MPEG-2 Video - 8351 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 29.97 fps - Progressive (TFF) - 2:45 minutes - 4952 frames
    Avg Video Encoding Speed: 11.2 fps
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:24:46 PM>
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers_1.ac3"
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:25:08 PM>
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers_1.ac3 (3.8 MB)
    Output Audio Info: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:45 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

TITLE 3 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\5VID_20191108_100800.mp4
    Info: AVC - 41959 kbps - 3840x2160 - DAR 16:9 - 30.082 fps (VFR) - Progressive - 1:45 minutes - 3164 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\5VID_20191108_100800.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 96 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 1:45 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\5VID_20191108_100800.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=true, FrameRate=30.082)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Veterans school program\5VID_20191108_100800.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

<>

Target Video FileSize: 110.2 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 8808
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 90
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY HIGH
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:21 PM>
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn.m2v (99.6 MB)
    Ouput Video Info: MPEG-2 Video - 7942 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 29.97 fps - Progressive (TFF) - 1:45 minutes - 3152 frames
    Avg Video Encoding Speed: 10.2 fps
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:21 PM>
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn_1.ac3"
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:38 PM>
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn_1.ac3 (2.4 MB)
    Output Audio Info: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:45 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:38 PM>
    START DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
    DVD Menu settings:
    Style: 1
    Aspect Ratio: 1
    Titles Format: 1
    Template: Frost Line (Blue)
    Max Titles Page: 12
    Enable Play All: 1
    Force Play All: 0
    Background Audio: 1
    Max Thumbs Row: 4
    Thumb Image Source: 0
    Thumb Frame Position: 10%
    HL Frame Format: 0
    HL Selection Color: 3
    HL Play Color: 7
    Menu Video BitRate: 6000 kbps
    Motion Menu Duration: 15 seconds
    Thumb Drop Shadow: 0
    Play All Shadow: 0
    Arrows Shadow: 0
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:43 PM>
    END DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
    Created File (Menu Page 1): C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_MenuPage1.m2v (110 KB)
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Menu.ac3 (351.8 KB)
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:43 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -bmlog "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_BatchMux.log"
    -d "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day rogram 11-8-19_2_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio REALTIME
    -palette "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Palette.txt"
    -v "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_01_You're a Grand Old Flag_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -SEG2v "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers.m2v"
    -SEG2vidmode LB
    -SEG2a1 "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_02_Thank You, Soldiers_1.ac3"
    -SEG2a1lang en
    -SEG3v "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn.m2v"
    -SEG3vidmode LB
    -SEG3a1 "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Title_03_Marines Hymn_1.ac3"
    -SEG3a1lang en
    -SEG4v "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_MenuPage1.m2v"
    -SEG4vidmode LB
    -SEG4a1 "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Menu.ac3"
    -SEG4s1 "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_Menu.sst"
    -SEG4s1dmode WIDE_LB
    -SEG4hlmnu "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_MenuPage1_Buttons.mnu"
    -SEG4hlcsm "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_HighlightScheme.csm
    -hcn "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2_BatchMux.hcn"
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:55 PM>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2 (480.6 MB)

CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 480.6 MB
    vs Assets Size: 472.5 MB -> OK
    vs Estimated Size: 540 MB -> 11.0% undersize
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:30:55 PM>
    START ISO IMAGE BUILDING OPERATIONS
    ImgBurn (ISO) Parameters: /mode isobuild /buildmode imagefile /src "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2\VIDEO_TS" /dest "C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2.iso" /volumelabel "Veterans Day Program 11-8-19" /filesystem "ISO9660 + UDF" /udfrevision "1.02" /overwrite yes /noimagedetails /start /close
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:31:01 PM>
    END ISO IMAGE BUILDING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\Admin\Videos\Veterans Day Program 11-8-19_2.iso (481.1 MB)
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:31:02 PM>
    AVStoDVD Project ended successfully.
    <>

<11/8/2019 6:31:02 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.8
    <>
    I tried setting the encoder to HCenc VBR 2-pass. I tried to do a full menu preview and it gets to the part in the 3rd screen shot and fails. I also uninstalled the version of avisynth+ and installed the one you gave me and still fails when trying to see the full menu repview. Will give it a shot creating the ISO anyways and will report back.

Back: It ended up creating the DVD perfectly fine with the avisynth+ you gave me with HCenc. I notice that the text in the menu and the menu itself is very pixelated/grainy. I understand it's 720x480, but a retail DVD with the same aspect ratio is much better quality/clear. Any idea how to sharpen the menu and the video up? The source video files are 4k.

Thanks!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avisynth settings.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	50827  

Click image for larger version

Name:	avisynth error.png
Views:	103
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	50828  

Click image for larger version

Name:	lav filter error.png
Views:	94
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	50829  

Last edited by RejectedManiac; 9th Nov 2019 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote