VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 137
FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So far I have always tried to stay away from AVS+ because my main computer does not support SSE2, and the official AVS+ builds require it. But a few days ago qyot27 (from the Doom9 forum) made a build which does not require SSE2, and of course I jumped on it...

You are right, it all comes down to installing AVS+ and add a Prefetch command to the end of the script. Should be easy to support this under AVStoDVD.

I have no idea if MrC has any plans to support AVS+ in the near future. In the meantime it would be easy enough for me to update my FF_VBR and HC_Mod plugins to optionally add a Prefetch command to the end of the generated AVS script. Give me a couple of days...

For maximum speed gain of course you will want to add a "SetMTMode.avsi" to the "plugins+" autoload folder. Also the plugins in the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder are old versions which work with ancient CPUs. For best speed users will have to replace at least mvtools2.dll and RemoveGrainS.dll with newer versions (RGTools.dll instead of RemoveGrainS.dll).

I will report back after I have come up with something...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, this was an easy one...

Download the latest versions of my A2D plugins here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z

Changes:
    For the FF_VBR and the HC_Mod plugins I added an option to append a Prefetch() command to the end of the AVS script generated by AVStoDVD. This is for users of AVS+ who want to automatically enable multithreading.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Alright, this was an easy one...

Download the latest versions of my A2D plugins here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z

Changes:
    For the FF_VBR and the HC_Mod plugins I added an option to append a Prefetch() command to the end of the AVS script generated by AVStoDVD. This is for users of AVS+ who want to automatically enable multithreading.

Cheers
    manolito

Thanks for the effort and updating your plugins already. Saves me remembering
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK your player (software or hardware) is responsible for this. In the setup of the player users can specify if they want to see subs by default or not.

From the FAQ section of the AVStoDVD manual:
    Q5.4 I have completed a project with authored subtitles (NOT hard encoded), seemingly without errors, but subtitles are not displayed when playing the DVD. Why?
    A: If you are using a standalone DVD player, activate subtitles with your remote control. If you are using a software player (i.e. Media Player Classic), you have to explicitly tell the player to display subtitles.
    Q5.7 Is it possible to have the subtitles always on, instead of using the DVD remote control to activate them?
    A: No, unfortunately it is not possible, because BatchMux (the wrapper to MuxMan) does not make available that capability. Anyway there is always the possibility to use the 'Hard Encoding' option in Title Edit - Subtitles.
    An external solution is to use DVDShrink in re-Authoring mode.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 8th Aug 2018 at 01:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
    Hi, I just installed 2.8.7 over the top of 2.8.6 on Windows XP SP3.

When creating the DVD menu, I now get an error, "Error 35602 Key Is Not Unique In Collection".

I looked in the folder, all of the templates are still there.

I then uninstalled 2.87 & reinstalled 2.86

The menu now works, but AVI synth runs sluggish ( & when closing down the preview window the program crashes) & "Open Previous title" no longer works.
    I have version 2.8.7 as a first time user.When creating the DVD menu, I also get "Error 35602 Key Is Not Unique In Collection". Is there no solution except look for a previous version?
    Last edited by David Banner; 2nd Nov 2018 at 14:11.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I tried "Options" and "Reset to Defaults" but did not help. Don't want to go messing with registry. I saw someone say they use a different menu program. How would you use a different menu program with AvsTOdvd. Would you make the menu first and with what? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A different menu software would most likely be DVDStyler. The general purpose is very similar to AVStoDVD, but with an emphasis on menu creation. For transcoding it can only use FFmpeg (but High Quality VBR modes are also supported), so maybe this is all you need. But of course you can also use AVStoDVD just for transcoding (specify muxed MPEG2 file as the output). Then use this MPEG2 file as the source in DVDStyler and make sure to specify "Copy -No Transcoding" in the options.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    A different menu software would most likely be DVDStyler. The general purpose is very similar to AVStoDVD, but with an emphasis on menu creation. For transcoding it can only use FFmpeg (but High Quality VBR modes are also supported), so maybe this is all you need. But of course you can also use AVStoDVD just for transcoding (specify muxed MPEG2 file as the output). Then use this MPEG2 file as the source in DVDStyler and make sure to specify "Copy -No Transcoding" in the options.

Good luck
    manolito
    Tried on a vm and it worked fine so I reinstalled on real system and worked fine. Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  9. The deafult folder for output, assets and projects is C:\Users\username\Videos\

I changed mine to C:\Users\username\Videos\AVSTODVD but the log still goes to C:\Users\username\Videos\
    Can I change were the log is written to
    Quote Quote  
  10. When I convert this to DVd with AVSTODVD the subtitles are not picked up. ConvertxtoDVD has subtitles on its DVd of this file. Why would this be?

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\film.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom (isom)
    File size : 1.33 GiB
    Duration : 52 min 26 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 3 619 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-11-01 03:04:30
    Tagged date : UTC 2018-11-01 03:04:30

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 3 487 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 8 413 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.067
    Stream size : 1.28 GiB (96%)
    Writing library : Zencoder Video Encoding System
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-11-01 02:48:24
    Tagged date : UTC 2018-11-01 03:05:12
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 169 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 48.0 MiB (4%)
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-11-01 03:05:01

Text
    ID : 3
    Format : Timed Text
    Codec ID : tx3g
    Duration : 51 min 36 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 79 b/s
    Stream size : 29.8 KiB (0%)
    Language : English
    Forced : No
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-11-01 03:03:29
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK the log is always written to the output folder. Are you sure that you ticked "Save current Settings as Default" in the "Preferences" window?

For Subs I really cannot help you, subs are not my turf. But in any case you should post your AVStoDVD log file here...
    Quote Quote  
  12. @David

currently AVStoDVD does not support tx3g subtitles format. As explained in the Help section (How to use it > Main Window > Title Properties) the supported formats are:

- SubRip Text-Based File (*.srt)
    - Scenarist Sub Script (*.sst)
    - IfoEdit Subpicture File (*.sup)
    - VobSub IDX/SUB File (*.idx)
    - Sub Station Alpha File (*.ssa;*.ass)
    - MicroDVD File (*.sub; *.txt)
    So, if you want to use AVStoDVD to convert and author your mp4 file, I suggest you to demux the tx3g subs and convert them to a more popular format (e.g. srt) and add them to AVStoDVD project.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @David

currently AVStoDVD does not support tx3g subtitles format. As explained in the Help section (How to use it > Main Window > Title Properties) the supported formats are:

- SubRip Text-Based File (*.srt)
    - Scenarist Sub Script (*.sst)
    - IfoEdit Subpicture File (*.sup)
    - VobSub IDX/SUB File (*.idx)
    - Sub Station Alpha File (*.ssa;*.ass)
    - MicroDVD File (*.sub; *.txt)
    So, if you want to use AVStoDVD to convert and author your mp4 file, I suggest you to demux the tx3g subs and convert them to a more popular format (e.g. srt) and add them to AVStoDVD project.

Bye
    OK _MrC_ I understand now. Thank you
    Last edited by David Banner; 5th Nov 2018 at 13:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everyone, but especially to the users who still make DVDs...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everyone, but especially to the users who still make DVDs...

Cheers
    manolito
    A bit late,but better late than never!
    Thanks mate, the same to you, happy new year!
    I still do make custom dvd's for my parents and to a few friends...
    And I always use this software..
    Thanks for keeping up with it, both, the developer, you .. and any others aswell.
    Quote Quote  
  16. AVStoDVD 2.8.8 final release is out.

No major updates from latest 2.8.8 alpha. Cumulative change log from 2.8.7:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Audio Peak Level Check' feature in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'/'Audio'/'Delay Audio' option
    - Added support to OGG chapters txt format (timestamps) in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Import Chapters' routine
    - Added management of 'Default=Yes/No' audio and subs tracks tags from MediaInfo, instead of assuming that 1st track is the default one
    - Improved 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Export Chapters' routine
    - Improved source chapters detection routine (now it works again for IFO/DVD files)
    - Improved handling of NTSC progressive sources with pulldown flags
    - MKVToolNix updated to release 23.0.0
    - MediaInfo updated to release 18.03
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.73.1

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  17. Any idea why VBR 2 pass produces oversized DVDs? I'm using 2.8.7. Will 2.8.8 fix this? Is there a calculator to set avg bitrate I can use to prevent this?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should look at the HCenc log to see if there are any clues.
    By default it's deleted, but you can save it be deselecting "Delete AVStoDVD working files"
    It will be in the temp folder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the HCenc log file would be useful, and I would also be interested in your AVS source script. Using an AviSynth script as the source disables almost all of the AVStoDVD script creation capabilities, so it is important that the source AVS is free of errors.

I noticed that your source is Interlaced BFF, looks like it comes from a DV camera. In your Preferred DirectShow Codecs settings I saw that all your DS filters are set to LAV except the filter for DV. I recommend to change this setting so LAV will also get used for DV files. In your case the source filters need to be specified in the source AVS script, A2D has nothing to do with opening the source file. That's the reason I'd like to see your source AVS script.

The other thing I noticed in your log files is that you use an audio bitrate of 384 kbps for a stereo audio source. This is overkill, you may want to reduce the bitrate to 192 or 224 kbps. Maybe A2D does not correctly account for the audio bitrate when using an AVS source script.

But basically it seems to point to HCenc. The desired video bitrate is lower than the bitrate of the encoded video, and this should not happen in 2-pass VBR mode. Could be a problem with interlaced content, maybe consider to deinterlace the source before feeding it to HCenc. But well, after all the oversize is not higher than 2%, you won't see any degradation in quality after shrinking the output a little bit with DVDShrink...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks manolito, your advice solved the problem. I use this software to set all decoders to LAV. https://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm
    Now AVSTODVD 2.8.8 produces DVD within DVD-5. My AVS script is simple.
    Code:
    directshowsource("H:\video.avi").AssumeBFF().Cropbottom(8).Addborders(0,0,0,8).ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
    trim(0, 156819)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great, glad I could help...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Unfortunately WinDV won't show a preview if I set DVSD decoder to LAV, so I set it back to Microsoft. I have to set it back to LAV when oversize DVD occurs.
    Last edited by digicube; 10th Jan 2019 at 19:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or you can force AVStoDVD to not use DirectShowSource at all and use FFmpegSource instead. In your working scenario where you load the source through your AVS source file you will probably want to copy ffms2.dll and ffms2.avsi from the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder into your "AviSynth\Plugins" folder for autoloading. Then you can load the source with this line:
    FFmpegSource2("My source file", atrack=-1) (if you want the first audio track)

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  24. OK. Will FFmpegSource2 work with most formats like MOV, MP4, AVI, etc? This is what I like about directshowsource.

Edit: I realize why I don't like using FFmpegSource because it needs to make an index file which seriously slows down my process. I'll just stick to directshowsource.
    Last edited by digicube; 10th Jan 2019 at 20:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then you should try to replace DirectShowSource with DSS2Mod. AVStoDVD now uses this by default, the results are much better.

To try it out only copy avss_26.dll from the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder into the "AviSynth\Plugins" folder. Loading the source can now be done with these lines:

movie = "My Source File"
    a = DirectShowSource(movie, video = false)
    v = DSS2(movie, fps = 29.97, preroll = 15)
    AudioDub(v, a)

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  26. I tried DSS2Mod while keeping the decoder set to Microsoft. AVSTODVD produces oversized DVD-5 using 2 pass. I can't seem to find much information about DSS2Mod, how is it better than directshowsource?

The readme file is no longer available at this link. https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1699301&postcount=33
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the current DSS2Mod Readme: (The "avss_26.txt" in the A2D\Lib folder is a little bit outdated...)

While it is based on DirectshowSource, it does avoid some of its shortfalls by exposing some params to the command line. For me the "Preroll" parameter turned out to be the most important one. It does improve frame accurate seeking considerably. I set it to 15 for "normal" sources, but for an interlaced HD souirce (AVC or HEVC) a value of 100 or even higher may be needed.

I have not found any disadvantages compared to DirectshowSource, especially when combining it with LAVFilters. I find it to be even more reliable than FFmpegSource (and all this without indexing).

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by manolito; 11th Jan 2019 at 15:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An even better idea taken from AVStoDVD:

DSS2Mod has an option to force using LAVFilters even if the default DirectShow filter is set to something else. This way you could have your default DV filter set to Microsoft (to make WinDV happy) and still have DSS2 use LAVFilters.

The lines to load your source should look like this:

movie = "My Source File"
    a = DirectShowSource(movie, video = false)
    v = DSS2(movie, fps = 29.97, preroll = 15, lavs = "l0", lavd = "l0")
    AudioDub(v, a)

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 11th Jan 2019 at 15:37.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I tried lavs = "l0", lavd = "l0" and it still produces oversized DVD-5 albeit the smallest oversize of all the methods I've tried, 8MB oversized.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote