VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab Passkey and copy Blu-ray and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 124
FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124
Results 3,691 to 3,694 of 3694
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So far I have always tried to stay away from AVS+ because my main computer does not support SSE2, and the official AVS+ builds require it. But a few days ago qyot27 (from the Doom9 forum) made a build which does not require SSE2, and of course I jumped on it...

You are right, it all comes down to installing AVS+ and add a Prefetch command to the end of the script. Should be easy to support this under AVStoDVD.

I have no idea if MrC has any plans to support AVS+ in the near future. In the meantime it would be easy enough for me to update my FF_VBR and HC_Mod plugins to optionally add a Prefetch command to the end of the generated AVS script. Give me a couple of days...

For maximum speed gain of course you will want to add a "SetMTMode.avsi" to the "plugins+" autoload folder. Also the plugins in the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder are old versions which work with ancient CPUs. For best speed users will have to replace at least mvtools2.dll and RemoveGrainS.dll with newer versions (RGTools.dll instead of RemoveGrainS.dll).

I will report back after I have come up with something...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, this was an easy one...

Download the latest versions of my A2D plugins here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z

Changes:
    For the FF_VBR and the HC_Mod plugins I added an option to append a Prefetch() command to the end of the AVS script generated by AVStoDVD. This is for users of AVS+ who want to automatically enable multithreading.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Alright, this was an easy one...

Download the latest versions of my A2D plugins here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z

Changes:
    For the FF_VBR and the HC_Mod plugins I added an option to append a Prefetch() command to the end of the AVS script generated by AVStoDVD. This is for users of AVS+ who want to automatically enable multithreading.

Cheers
    manolito

Thanks for the effort and updating your plugins already. Saves me remembering
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK your player (software or hardware) is responsible for this. In the setup of the player users can specify if they want to see subs by default or not.

From the FAQ section of the AVStoDVD manual:
    Q5.4 I have completed a project with authored subtitles (NOT hard encoded), seemingly without errors, but subtitles are not displayed when playing the DVD. Why?
    A: If you are using a standalone DVD player, activate subtitles with your remote control. If you are using a software player (i.e. Media Player Classic), you have to explicitly tell the player to display subtitles.
    Q5.7 Is it possible to have the subtitles always on, instead of using the DVD remote control to activate them?
    A: No, unfortunately it is not possible, because BatchMux (the wrapper to MuxMan) does not make available that capability. Anyway there is always the possibility to use the 'Hard Encoding' option in Title Edit - Subtitles.
    An external solution is to use DVDShrink in re-Authoring mode.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 8th Aug 2018 at 00:23.
    Quote Quote