VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Consider supporting us by disable adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 123
FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123
Results 3,661 to 3,671 of 3671
Thread
  1. Jutht u wait u thilly ... hi.heaux's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    VLC does play ISO files directly.
    Okay.
    . . . ISO is just a container. If it does not play then the content within this container is broken, not the ISO container.
    Agreed. That's why I go to such exhaustive lengths to preview my Film/TV ISO backups in more than one viewer.
    For burning DVD-Video ISO files I would recommend using IMGBurn instead of UltraIso. IMGBurn does some smart things before burning like aligning the BUP files or put the layer break to an appropriate location.
    If the day ever comes when I need a burner with advanced forensic features I'll remember that (I also have Power ISO, Power Archiver and WinRAR if either matter).
    AVStoDVD is certainly no replacement for VobBlanker.
    Oh ANY tool is an improvement over VobBlanker! (jk)
    First of all you should find out if your player cannot play PAL DVDs because of the region code, or because it generally rejects the PAL format.
    I had to re-read your post because you have parsed the sentence so carefully, and I thank you. I only know that when I drop the PAL title into my R1 player it just spins. This title happens to be Paul Scofield's King Lear and my attempt was using the original disc, not a backup.

The majority of players sold in the US choke on the PAL format, but the real cheap ones mostly accept it. To test this you can remove the region code from one of your PAL DVDs by transcoding it in "Full DVD" mode with DVDShrink. This will keep it in PAL, but removes the region code. If your player accepts this DVD then you have got no reason to do a standards conversion at all.
    Please see my screenshot, below

AND In the event anyone needs technical data on my Home Theatre setup, visit the Album I just made:
    hi.heaux's Home Theatre Setup
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SHRINKME.png
Views:	19
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	45395  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, the hardware region code setting in your DVD player/burner...

I never ever got such a message because AnyDVD is always running in the background on my computer. But if you own DVDFab you should be able to rip a PAL DVD with RC protection onto your HDD while removing the encryption and also the region code. But I really am not familiar with DVDFab...

I have uploaded a small PAL Region-Free test DVD ISO here (created with AVStoDVD):
    https://we.tl/x95g1Gtvwb

Burn the ISO and feed the disk to your HW DVD player. If it plays it then you do not need to convert your PAL DVDs to NTSC. If it rejects it then you have no choice, you need to do a standards conversion with your PAL DVDs. You will certainly have more questions if you start doing this, just ask...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Recently I authored a DVD with avs2DVD. I forgot to add subtitles so I demuxed the dvd with the parse DVD tool and tried to remux it with the subtitles. When trying to do so muxman keeps giving buffer underrun errors. I would normally believe I made a bad stream but made the disc with the SAME version of avs2dvd last month. Tried doing a fresh install etc. the streams mux fine in GUI for dvdauthor and it detects no underrun issues. Attached it my log files.
    Image Attached Files
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot to include the GUI for dvd author log for comparison made with all the source files I originally did in AVS2DVD without issue
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by dannyboy48888 View Post
    Recently I authored a DVD with avs2DVD. I forgot to add subtitles so I demuxed the dvd with the parse DVD tool and tried to remux it with the subtitles. When trying to do so muxman keeps giving buffer underrun errors. I would normally believe I made a bad stream but made the disc with the SAME version of avs2dvd last month. Tried doing a fresh install etc. the streams mux fine in GUI for dvdauthor and it detects no underrun issues. Attached it my log files.
    Thanks dannyboy for the report. Could you please try to author the DVD (m2v+ac3+sup) using directly Muxman, without passing thru AVStoDVD? Does Muxman throw out the same error message (I believe so, but I would double check).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to! Attached is the screenshot and error log for the same source for muxman and AVS2DVD. I left the subs off and got the same result. Muxman did indeed mux the files with errors, but the result was extremely jerky while GUI for dvdauthor was smooth. So yes AVS2DVD did right but not creating the DVD as finding out about jerkyness later would be annoying to say the least. Demuxed from the original disc I made in AVS2DVD before that works, just to verify I had a solid flow. Image
    [Attachment 45587 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My 2 cents:

First I thought that I better back off because subs are not my turf. But it turns out that subs are not the problem, it's more about authoring problematic streams using MuxMan vs. mplex/DVDAuthor. And I do know a few things about DVD authoring...

My first and most important question:
    The older DVD you made in AVStoDVd which had no subs did work for you. Are you absolutely sure that you not only used AVStoDVD for the conversion, but that you also authored this DVD with AVStoDVD (which would use MuxMan)? I am not so sure. To me it looks like this older DVD without subs was authored using a different software (like GUI for DVDAuthor) which uses the mplex/DVDAutor combo instead of MuxMan.

Facts:
    It is well known that MuxMan is extremely picky when examining the source streams. In many cases MuxMan will refuse to finish the authoring process when mplex/DVDAuthor has no problems with the same source streams.

Your video source stream is problematic to say the least. It has a VCD frame size, and it is very short. If it was encoded with AVStoDVD with default settings then FFmpeg was used in CBR mode, and the target bitrate was set to a very high value which could never be met with a VCD frame size. FFmpeg is not very good converting clips with these settings, no wonder that MuxMan choked on it. Next time you do similar conversions you should restrict the bitrate for VCD to something around 3000 kbps, or/and force full DVD target frame size (720x480), or/and force HCenc as the encoder.

You say that with the same source AVStoDVD worked a little while ago, but after demuxing the working DVD and feeding the demuxed streams to AVStoDVD again you get these MuxMan errors. IMO this is absolutely impossible. The streams you get after demuxing a DVD are absolutely identical to the streams which were used for authoring the original DVD. If MuxMan had no problem muxing these streams a little while ago then it is impossible that it is now refusing to author these identical streams a little while later. Which again brings up my suspicion that the older DVD without subs was not authored with MuxMan.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To try to answer your questions: I make these Episode and movies dvd's for my portable dvd player when i travel so I have less discs, 240p externally video wise with HCenc and proper pulldown, and the subs I do in SUP format with subtitle creator from my SRT files I OCR from the disc (that way they fill the screen properly) then imported them into avs2dvd. I forgot to add the subs to 1 episode so I demuxed everything, added the sub, and re-imported the dvd back into AVS2DVD. I know the 16:9 on 240p isn't technically right, but I've done ALOT of these this way so far and had no issues in my use case before. I just tried a sanity check with another DVD I just made. Demuxed it, re-imported it, and it worked. I never used gui for dvdauthor before until now to have something to test my video against. I guess I'll just write this one off as a freak occurrence. I have the store bought discs, just didn't want to re-encode is all if all I had to do was add a subtitle. EDIT: here's a bitrate view, it's in the guidance you gave so yeah freak occurance. Thanks for the feedback everyone Image
    [Attachment 45591 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by dannyboy48888; 9th May 2018 at 21:03.
    Quote Quote  
  9. AVStoDVD 2.8.8 Alpha 180508 is available to download.

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Audio Peak Level Check' feature in 'Title Edit'/'Audio' section
    - Added support to OGG chapters txt format (timestamps) in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Import Chapters' routine
    - Improved 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Export Chapters' routine
    - Improved source chapters detection routine (now it works again for IFO/DVD files)
    - MKVToolNix updated to release 23.0.0
    - MediaInfo updated to release 18.03

For testing and debgugging purpose.

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 12th May 2018 at 11:49.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

I particularly like it where -- in the very good dev. of this fine program -- you have detected certain possible problems that may come up, and have automated fixes for them, in use of the program. If / Then contingency type stuff. (?) Can't recall or specify exact examples at the moment, but I think I have encountered this a few times in the past few versions. Functionality that was not present before.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this gradually disappearing American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @Seeker47

thanks for the positive feedback

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote